Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikox Forum Promo Flash!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I already switched the map back to the old one, so what you saw was the old map.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very well done SARS, I enjoyed it greatly. I love coming here and finding all the improvements.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought it was really cool being able to see so many useful statistics. Nice job on that. :mrgreen:
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very nice SARSadmin i really liked it. I think those who stumble across your website will be drawn to register and join our wars. It is simple, yet entertaining at the same time.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow thats really good SARSadmin, i liked the information on the nations under the name and leader, also the banner was a cool addition too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
suiko4unofficial

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One suggestion ted, change host lol Geocities/Yahoo sucks lol Hee he well its just a sugestion. In my current host i have 2GB space and 50GB bw for less than 10 bucks a month

- http://gaming-platform.com -
Webmaster of Gaming PLatform
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i came by doing my daily surfing and i was like COOL. The flash kicked ass. I particuly liked the music.

SO i take it these scripted battles are in full force then?

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was shocked to see it actually. When the site popped up I read those few lines in the updates and I thought "What music?" Well, when I turned my tunes off, I noticed it and the flash. Nicely done and I liked the close-ups of the nations with stats and all. That was neat. The music was cool, too.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Glad people like it and stuff. I just improved the flash by adding avarats of members of each nation to the movie.

suiko4unofficial wrote:
One suggestion ted, change host *laugh* Geocities/Yahoo sucks *laugh* Hee he well its just a sugestion. In my current host i have 2GB space and 50GB bw for less than 10 bucks a month

Actually, geocities has been rather excellent for me, as I have used it since 1996 (before yahoo bought it out). Money isn't that big of an issue for me, as I'm already like... 30 years old *cough*. I've used many other services in the past (including dedicated servers) that were cheaper and promised better service, but those have been problematic at best when issues occured. Geocities has excelent support, which is critical for me, because I run so many specialized scripts on the server. 2GB and 50GB bandwidth won't be enough for me, because I easily eat up 2GB/month with just access logs, and as far as bandwidth, I teeter around 40GB/month, so 50 is cutting it close for me. I also like their GUI.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the addition, despise flash, but love the addition! I noticed you're using the updated map, will you be updating the flash movie every time a territory is taken?

Most of us members won't mind, but some new visitors may be upset that they can't either A) skip the movie - or B) turn off the sound. Personally I rarely have flash enabled because flash is almost always used to display ads. I better stop now or it'll turn into a flash rant.

Awesome work!

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'll remove the flash from the main index within a few days. It's rather pointless to keep something like that up in the index page for more than three days.
Atavaka

Werewolf Brigade

Location: Fort Retto, which just got a Senseo Cappucino Maker ^_^
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love it. Such a thing really does capture the general nature of the nation system. I didn't think it moved too quickly at all in the beginning, but it sort of did on the nation breakdown; I didn't notice the pictures on the bottom until it was giving an overview of Grasslands. I personally think this will draw a lot of unsure lurkers into actually participating in the forum as members since I think a lot of visitors tend to overlook the nation aspect of the forum. I know I sure did when I first registered, but it's actually one of the best parts.

Great map, John. I can't wait to see what it's like when you finish.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really really liked it! It's the first thing that got pointed out to me (by Black Fang.... or well ~Shadow Wolf~ as it seems now) and I was like "WOW" :shock:. It's very well done, shame I didn't get to see the older versions but it's still quite a sight and the avatars are a great addition, though Marshmallow and Shrew's avatars did crack me up when they appeared next to all the more serious ones.

Oh and the music is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSie wrote:
I already switched the map back to the old one, so what you saw was the old map.

No, I actually did see the other map. The one that seems to have lines going across it. I actually preferred the other map too (because I can see the little distortion around the actual regions in this one and I'm a picky ba****d) but as I said before, as have many others, the whole flash is absolutely amazing and makes for a lot of good advertising. Perhaps providing a link banner for people to advertise on other sites that lead to that flash would be a good idea?

I doubt there would be updates regarding the regions because if that was the case and we really wanted to be picky, the soldier and regiment numbers would also need updates and that just happens too frequently to be justified. I think its fine as it is right now and it gives an overview of what the battles are about which is all a newbie really needs to see anyways.

I also have to agree with Gaara here that the music was absolutely amazing and whoever created that piece should be commended big time. Some of the avatars cracked me up such as Shrew's and Fliktor's. It kind of gives it the Suikoden II intro feel when all the characters start appearing (except they don't move in this map). Excellent blend of suikoden facts and suikox fanfics; and kudos on the heavy work man.

PS: Oh and just a reminder of what Harukaze already said about a grammatical error in the "wheels of fate..." sentence.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin, great work! Well done.

John Layfield, nice work on the map, did you use photoshop filters??
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: