Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikox Forum Promo Flash!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Suikox Forum Promo Flash! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.suikox.com/warintro.swf

This only took a day to make. It's a flash movie that promotes this forum. Let me know what you think.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did you have to use the blocky, low-quality war map? I could've knocked up a hi-quality map of the region if we got a little warning about this flash. But I suppose it was a surprise thing.

That said, the entire thing is superbly done and works very well. Looks good, scrolls well, gels together. The only problems are picture quality. In my view, that is. But it is a great promo flash thing.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, give me a high quality map then!
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh you'll get it. You'll get it when you least expect it. Muahahahaha!

Ahem. Give me half an hour and I'll have a map up and ready. It's a simple edit of my old map I had on my site. Just add in the new Falena and other conjectured territories and I'm done.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, sounds interesting. Whee!!
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I say give him a good shin kicking and steal his map!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As it turns out my hi-res map will take a little (ie a lot) more time. But, in an attempt to gloss over the situation I've tinkered with the original map to cover up it's cracks by showcasing 'Ye Olde Worlde Wear and Tear'. Photobucket downsizes all pictures past a certain size so I'm throwing them up on Geocities since they're only a one-off download by you anyhow.

My Ye Olde Worlde/Suikoden IV PAL manual rip-off edit.
http://www.geocities.com/davidfitzgeraldire/mapsuikox.jpg

A preview of my hi-res map which should be done... sometime. Hey even I have a life. :P
http://www.geocities.com/davidfitzgeraldire/preview.jpg
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Too bad, your geocities account's bandwidth is already busted. lol
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Photobucket may downsize the pictures, but geocities runs out of bandwidth too quickly. I can't see your images.

Minor gramatical nitpick here, but you have the sentance "And now the Wheels of Destiny starts to turn." Should be either Wheel starts or Wheels start. Other than that, the movie goes perhaps a bit fast... it's difficult to keep up with if you don't already know the whole thing... and some of the war breakdowns begin to vanish the second they're up, which makes them difficult to read as well.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GODDAMN IT! I hate life so much, so very very much. Ah, but my super genius knows no bounds, oh mocking one.

Preview of hi-res map
http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1P64IBXN418I607TWE399UZGNT

Ye Olde Map
http://s43.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1VIOJGB8OP50D17W497UJKKYG4
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i overall really enjoyed it! for some reason today i entered through suikox, instead of running straight to the forums as usual. i was quite surprised, the music fits well and it sums up what we're all about here.

the only thing i noticed was at one point with Sword and Shield, it kind of went too fast and you feel like you missed something (i know i did, i restarted the animation because of it)
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I have to fit everything to the length of the music, so I have to rush certain parts, lol.

John, those maps are really incredibly awesome!! I can't wait till it gets done!! I will definitely use it!
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I changed the flash by using John's modified map, but I think it looks worse now, especially on the index page. Whatchu all think?

The file size is also about 50% bigger now too. We'll see how my bandwidth changes in a day.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I always figured file size was always the reason behind the low-qual map. That and it's an edit of the World Map. If the file size is too large, there's no reason to keep my map up. Especially if the quality is iffy.

I see the problem. The map looks bad zoomed out AND zoomed in and only works at it's optimal size. Best to change back, I think.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WOWZA!!! I haven't seen the original but the one I've just seen looks AMAZING! I actually think that John's map looks really good with the video giving it that faded image. It somewhat fits the quick camera motions, but then again it could just be me. I also like how you incorporated the actual state symbols and made this site feel SO much more Suikoden related (sounds stupid I know but those symbols really didn't look like the actual Suikoden nations until now). I do believe that this will give newcomers more incentive to join up, because as you already said, people like videos and pretty pictures. :mrgreen:

Great work on the flash there SARS and also kudos to John on the awesome maps. I noticed you tried to do a higher quality version of the actual SARS map. Seems good except I can't really see whats what in the icons. Images look amazing though.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: