Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Konami releasing updated Suikoden Encyclopedia

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xelinis

2985 Potch
0 Soldiers
21837 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Konami releasing updated Suikoden Encyclopedia Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/genso/?ref=genso

It looks like this upcoming March will herald the release of a new Suikoden Encyclopedia. Hopefully, this will shed more light on the fantasy world we all know and love and, if we're lucky, maybe even reveal some vague hints at the future.

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: Konami releasing updated Suikoden Encyclopedia Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thing seems pretty thick and cool... wish I had it in english, hope it does have vague hints at the future. LIKE OMFG IN SUIKODEN VI KASUMI AND TIR GET MARRIED AND TIR SUCCEEDS HANZO AT ROKKAKU AS THE LEADER OF THE NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS.

AND THEN WTF LIKE TIR STOPS TRUSTING PEOPLE FROM HARMONIA BECAUSE THEY ARE ALWAYS STARTING SHIT AND THEN CLIVE, WHO IS THE TOTALLY BODACIOUS LEADER OF THE HOWLING VOICE GUILD DECLARES WAR ON ROKKAKU AND NINJAS VS GUNNERS OMFG SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and then...

THE SON OF GRAHAM CRAY WHO WE DIDNT KNOW ABOUT FOUND LAZLO WHO WAS DRIFTING ALONE AT SEA AND TOOK THE PUNISHMENT RUNE FROM HIM AND STUFF AND STARTS UP THE TRADING COMPANY AGAIN AND EXPANDS INTO FALENA WHERE HE MEETS LINFA, WHO IS ALL INTO THE SON OF GRAHAM CRAY(we'll call him Jim Cray) - AND THEY GET MARRIED SO JIM AND LINFA CRAY ARE ALL RICH FROM THEIR TRADING BUT ARE LIKE WOAH WTF YOU KILLED MY DAD(it's in the future now btw, that's how he met Linfa zomg SO HOT WAY HOTTER THAN JEANE) - and they DECLARE WAR ON THE ISLAND NATIONS...

see then what happens is...

Tir and Clive meet in battle, ninja swords vs guns BOOM SO SICK - then they are like "woah did you hear about that crazy junk going down in the island nations?" - "Yeah I did, lets stop this fighting and go help them out" WOOOOOOOOOAH!!!

AND THEN! AND THEN!

PESMERGA SHOWS UP AND HE'S A BAD GUY TOO AND HE JOINS JIM CRAY IN HIS CRUSADE AGAINST THE ISLAND NATIONS WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

So then like because that happened... YUBER SHOWS UP!!! ZINGO!!!! YUBER SHOWS UP AND HE LIKE JOINS YOUR ARMY AND THAT IS SO SICK BECAUSE HE'S LIKE "HELL NAH PESMERGA, NOT IN MY CRIB"

So at this point its Tir, his wife Kasumi, Clive and his crew and YUBER vs Jim Cray, Linfa and Pesmerga... BUT THEN GUESS WHO SHOWS UP?!

HIKUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK IN THE HOUSE, and he went traveling like 5 years before and became really good friends with Hauser in Muse so they team up as a third faction and start to WHOOP ASS HARMONIA STYLE.

Hikusaak's like "Yo, Hauser mah dawg."
Hauser's like "Hikusaak is a pretty nice guy despite what you've heard."

And because Edge really always respected Hauser from when Viktor introduced him... he was like ME AND THE STAR DRAGON SWORD AND FUCKIN' JOINING UP AND TAKING YOU ALL ON!!!

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?! HIKUSAAK, HAUSER, EDGE, STAR DRAGON SWORD - all teaming up, so sick.

So Tir is like "Yo, odds have been against me before, but I think I know what will help us."

So he goes and finds Sierra and has her turn ALL THE NINJAS IN THE VAMPIRES - and she also turns the gunners into vampires too because Clive asked pretty nicely, but some of the howling voice guild couldn't handle her vampire blood stuff and went crazy and the ROKKAKU AND HOWLING VOICE WAR SPARKED UP AGAIN.

BOOM! And then...
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, the frickin massive tome is more than $100. Way too expensive!
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Konami releasing updated Suikoden Encyclopedia Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Archpark":2sw2vf3w]Thing seems pretty thick and cool... wish I had it in english, hope it does have vague hints at the future. LIKE OMFG IN SUIKODEN VI KASUMI AND TIR GET MARRIED AND TIR SUCCEEDS HANZO AT ROKKAKU AS THE LEADER OF THE NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS.

AND THEN WTF LIKE TIR STOPS TRUSTING PEOPLE FROM HARMONIA BECAUSE THEY ARE ALWAYS STARTING SHIT AND THEN CLIVE, WHO IS THE TOTALLY BODACIOUS LEADER OF THE HOWLING VOICE GUILD DECLARES WAR ON ROKKAKU AND NINJAS VS GUNNERS OMFG SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and then...

THE SON OF GRAHAM CRAY WHO WE DIDNT KNOW ABOUT FOUND LAZLO WHO WAS DRIFTING ALONE AT SEA AND TOOK THE PUNISHMENT RUNE FROM HIM AND STUFF AND STARTS UP THE TRADING COMPANY AGAIN AND EXPANDS INTO FALENA WHERE HE MEETS LINFA, WHO IS ALL INTO THE SON OF GRAHAM CRAY(we'll call him Jim Cray) - AND THEY GET MARRIED SO JIM AND LINFA CRAY ARE ALL RICH FROM THEIR TRADING BUT ARE LIKE WOAH WTF YOU KILLED MY DAD(it's in the future now btw, that's how he met Linfa zomg SO HOT WAY HOTTER THAN JEANE) - and they DECLARE WAR ON THE ISLAND NATIONS...

see then what happens is...

Tir and Clive meet in battle, ninja swords vs guns BOOM SO SICK - then they are like "woah did you hear about that crazy junk going down in the island nations?" - "Yeah I did, lets stop this fighting and go help them out" WOOOOOOOOOAH!!!

AND THEN! AND THEN!

PESMERGA SHOWS UP AND HE'S A BAD GUY TOO AND HE JOINS JIM CRAY IN HIS CRUSADE AGAINST THE ISLAND NATIONS WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

So then like because that happened... YUBER SHOWS UP!!! ZINGO!!!! YUBER SHOWS UP AND HE LIKE JOINS YOUR ARMY AND THAT IS SO SICK BECAUSE HE'S LIKE "HELL NAH PESMERGA, NOT IN MY CRIB"

So at this point its Tir, his wife Kasumi, Clive and his crew and YUBER vs Jim Cray, Linfa and Pesmerga... BUT THEN GUESS WHO SHOWS UP?!

HIKUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK IN THE HOUSE, and he went traveling like 5 years before and became really good friends with Hauser in Muse so they team up as a third faction and start to WHOOP ASS HARMONIA STYLE.

Hikusaak's like "Yo, Hauser mah dawg."
Hauser's like "Hikusaak is a pretty nice guy despite what you've heard."

And because Edge really always respected Hauser from when Viktor introduced him... he was like ME AND THE STAR DRAGON SWORD AND FUCKIN' JOINING UP AND TAKING YOU ALL ON!!!

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?! HIKUSAAK, HAUSER, EDGE, STAR DRAGON SWORD - all teaming up, so sick.

So Tir is like "Yo, odds have been against me before, but I think I know what will help us."

So he goes and finds Sierra and has her turn ALL THE NINJAS IN THE VAMPIRES - and she also turns the gunners into vampires too because Clive asked pretty nicely, but some of the howling voice guild couldn't handle her vampire blood stuff and went crazy and the ROKKAKU AND HOWLING VOICE WAR SPARKED UP AGAIN.

BOOM! And then...

That's just... so wrong.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Um, Archpark? You do realise that Cray did have a son that was mentioned in SIV, and he died before SIV, so he wouldn't have known Lazlo. I didn't even beat Suikoden IV and I know that.

I stopped reading when I saw that, but I did notice the ninjas to vampires thing. Rediculous...

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Archpark

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did know that, you're awful. I stopped reading your messages as soon as I saw you take things too seriously and try and condescendingly show off your Suikoden knowledge.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anytime, RyuG!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Matthew McDohl

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That would be very nice to have in English!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Templeton

186895 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Konami releasing updated Suikoden Encyclopedia Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This sounds interesting.

The Questions I have are.

1) Is this going to be released in any other launguage such as English.

2) Will Suikoden Tierkries information be brought along with it.

That's all I'm wondering right now; As well I'm also glad to hear that things are starting to move forward for Suikoden's development.

Thank you.

Ryan.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Konami releasing updated Suikoden Encyclopedia Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huzzah for occasional Konami thought about Suikoden!
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they're still producing Suikoden publications like this, it seems to me that they probably don't consider the franchise a closed book. Either they at least plan on creating more stand alone titles, or perhaps return to the canon series. I can't think of why they'd produce a 100 dollar publication if they were finished with the series.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jbell23

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: yep Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

and considering the fact that japan doesnt have the consideration to release suikoden 1&2 on psp pretty much means theyre not gonna give us an english version of this.....i think someone needs to start writing spin offs in english im a writer ill do it lol
Luthiel

1191 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have just received it. I'll start flipping through it later today. It's already out of print on Konami's official goods website.
Luthiel

1191 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Konami releasing updated Suikoden Encyclopedia Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can all relax: absolutely no added value or whatsoever in this encyclopedia. It's basically everything we know already rehashed and put together in a big book: but still thumbs up for the Calendar which gives an in-depth description of the Suikoden timeline.

My sole satisfaction in buying this, is to think I might have financially contributed to the development of whatever might be related to the future of the series.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed. While I wasn't really expecting anything new, I think the release of this shows that Konami is still thinking about Suikoden in one way or another. Meaning a new game is not out of the question.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: