Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

If your're about to make a true rune... what would it be?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: If your're about to make a true rune... what would it be? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am asking... so I expect answers.
kenren

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My true rune would be the reality breaker, a rune that destabilizes reality with the spiritual astral world. Its specialty would be to make astral shapes and entities corporeal or vice versa. To differentiate it from other runes, I want it stuck to some weapon the Sindar were messing around with. My opinion is that the runes have wills of their own and as such (storywise) the rune as a willful entity seeks to separate from the weapon seeking a particular rune bearer to do so.

Level 1- summons ghost to stab enemy and then turn corporeal
Level 2- puts protection field around party (party is immune to both magic and physical attacks until after first attack on each)
Level 3- turns enemy into ghost (destroys physical cells) (instant death)
Level 4- Unlocked after getting 108 stars- summons small astral demons that enter the enemies body and then turn corporeal to disrupt bodily functions

My second true rune would be the mine control rune which I would use to capture the execs at Konami to finally pay attention to fans and make my ideas come to life.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually tried to make up a True Rune in relation to a Suikoden Interactive Fan Fiction I made up....
I've kept it very vague cuz I'm not exactly sure where I'm going with that "character" anymore (especially since the IFF discontinued a long time ago) but this were some the powers I established and/or contemplated it having:

• Some sort of power of observation--Without it needing to have a bearer, the True Rune's "soul/will" can attach itself to any living thing that it has "contacted" with and through them observe the "thing's" surroundings.[/*:m:1ywuvbie]
  • If the individual has an easily manipulative "hole" or "weakness" in their heart, the True Rune's "soul/will" can literally possess the individual's body for a certain amount of time while the real person is loss in their thoughts <-- if this happens, a split personality, loss of memory, and bewildered confusion may result once they return to normal.[/*:m:1ywuvbie]
  • The True Rune's "soul/will" can actually pass on from person to person without the second person needing to actually make "contact" with the True Rune. As long as the second "person" has strong & deep feelings/relationship with the first/former "carrier".[/*:m:1ywuvbie]
  • The True Rune's "soul/will" can not "possess" (ie: be in) more than one individual at once.[/*:m:1ywuvbie]
  • Power's that the True Rune may grant if someone actually has/beared it is unknown since, because of it's "soul/will's body-jumping" nature....it's origin (ie: the True Rune's physical location) isn't easily traceable....[/*:m:1ywuvbie]

Hah....yeah that made no sense...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kenren

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, that all sounds like a great standards list for true rune creation. Kudos for the thoughtfulness.
Xelinis

2985 Potch
0 Soldiers
21837 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: If your're about to make a true rune... what would it be Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Rune of Fate.

Fate is like a raging river, moving with great strength down its given path. While controlling it is possible, it is a difficult and monumental task. Using its infinite knowledge of the world, the Rune of Fate grants the bearer great power in exchange for one thing; a guarantee that the Rune's influence on the world around it, which it believes to bring about Order, is enforced. For example, if a child in a burning house is deemed worthy to live, the Rune shall infuse the bearer with the strength and swiftness to save him/her. However, if that child is not deemed worthy to continue living, the Rune will prevent it's bearer from reacting, whether it be through simply paralyzing him or even taking his life.

Despite the bearer retaining full consciousness, he essentially becomes a puppet of the Rune, ensuring that Order is preserved. The will of the Rune must be obeyed at all times, even if it means the death of thousands.

While the idea of a "Rune of Fate" seems very simple, when taking this elaboration into account, I think that we have the making of a very dark Suikoden story.

Last edited by Xelinis on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cubao

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: If your're about to make a true rune... what would it be Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rune of truth

its simple, bearer will see through lies,
im lazy to think of details
Cubao

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: If your're about to make a true rune... what would it be Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

rune of nature
self exp
Aloyalgamer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about the Rune of Time?

This way, the main character can warp to any specific part of the map that he/she wishes. :D

On a serious note, the Time Rune would be the Rune to control all of the 27 True Runes. That totally doesn't remind me of The Lord of the Rings... lol
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rune of justice

With this, the bearer will be granted true justice. And he will be able to fight the unjust.
Trickster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: If your're about to make a true rune... what would it be Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A Rune that can control time.
luv_spade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

a rune that can manipulate everyone... "I command each of you to be my slave, NOW!"
sounds like code geass lol
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angel rune and demon rune. haha
dany_boy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

how about the "Lord of Rune"

"One rune to rule them all, one rune to find them, one rune to bring them all and in the darkness bind them"

LOL :mrgreen:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: