Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Let's just face it, friends: Suiko is dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antimatzist

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Shad":3hn8nvbl]IAt least if Suikoden V ends up the final installment of the series they'll have gone out with a bang. Probably the most successful comeback in the history of any faltering game series.

Depends what you mean by successful. Wasn't Suikoden V the worst selling main Suikoden title (and didn't even Tierkreis sell nearly as much copies as it)?

Well I am being realistic, Suikoden isn't dead, just in a coma. There are still mangas and other suikoden-stuff going on, and I don't see why Konami should bother with that if they had no interest whatsoever in the series. Nearly two years have passed since the japan-release of Tierkreis (which disappointed me, too, but still was something Suikoden) so I expect to hear news.. I don'tknow, maybe spring next summer? Or TGS next year. I think Suikoden-fans must be patient, and I don't think that we are the only small fangroup left alone by their company (poor BoF-fans :/)
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think he meant successful in game quality. Regardless of sales, the fans enjoyed it.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sadly we were spoiled by the release of IV, Tactics and V in almost immediate succession, compared to how long the series took to get from I to II to III and finally to IV.

This current post-Tierkreis wait is par for the course.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's just face it, friends: Suiko is dead Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think we really know that it is dead yet. There has been no such mention from Konami (as far as I know). However, we may have to wait sometime for another one to come out.

The real problem is that the Suikoden game on the DS didn't have much to do with the main series. Many of us think that there has been a Suikoden drought since the release of V because of that. But Tierkreis was released on March 17th last year (i think). So it hasn't even been 2 years yet. If you ask me, there is no reason to consider a series dead in that amount of time.

However, I am rather sad that there hasn't been much mention of the series by Konami. Many other standard RPG fans have been starved for something on one of the systems and there hasn't been much. Suikoden 6 being announced would be well received by many.
devoin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see what the big deal is just like people have said before me if suikoden was dead they wouldn't release soundtrack like they're about to or even continue with the manga. Futhermore they're most likly just have waited for most of the ps2 gamers to get ps3 games and will make a game for the ps3. However i think it will mostly be another tierkreis first sadly. :|
Hawksaber

1041 Potch
5 Soldiers
687 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Let's just face it, friends: Suiko is dead Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

STILL no news? I'm definitely starting to think it's a dead series.

Very unfortunate, because the Suikoden series still remains my favourite of all-time.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's just face it, friends: Suiko is dead Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Hawksaber":2nouxb77]STILL no news? I'm definitely starting to think it's a dead series.

Very unfortunate, because the Suikoden series still remains my favourite of all-time.
If you don't consider the 10th Anniversary soundtrack and the S4 Pachinko machine news then...yeah it's still quiet in Suikodom

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suspect we'll continue to see Suikoden releases. However, what we may never see is the true sequel to Suikoden III that advances the original storyline. I think that's what has disappointed so many Suikofans over the years... the change in the writing and production staff that has the franchise feeling so far from where it started.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Parallax":137ys3pp]I suspect we'll continue to see Suikoden releases. However, what we may never see is the true sequel to Suikoden III that advances the original storyline. I think that's what has disappointed so many Suikofans over the years... the change in the writing and production staff that has the franchise feeling so far from where it started.

A Suikoden III direct Sequel would be a dream come true, but I gotta agree that its not as likely as another stand alone game =(

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Let's just face it, friends: Suiko is dead Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would be happy with just about anything right now as long as its not another Tierkries or something similar. There are a lot of stories already hinted at that could be majorly expanded upon in a new game like they did with 5. I don't think this silence really means it's dead though, I think it could mean that Konami is just taking their time to make sure they get the next one right, because if THAT one is a bomb, THEN I think we can start talking about whether or not the series is dead. I kinda lost hope for a direct sequel to 3 as well, but who knows. I still would love to see Harmonia though, whether or not the timeline is after 3.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Templeton

186895 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's just face it, friends: Suiko is dead Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden will not fade into darkness on my watch that's for sure, and I'll see to it that it stays that way.

This is the most well thought out and designed RPG series that has ever been made (at least according to me and others). Even Tierkries can be salvaged with the concept of what we can learn from it's parallelism's with the series.

Already I have requested my local library to purchase the Suikoden 3 manga's and surely they have done so already. And with the concept of allowing game borrowing I'll be requesting a copy of Suikoden Tierkries be purchased as well even though I lack a DS. Please consider what you can do as a fan to make our series continue into the future, even if it means looking into it's past.

Thank you

Ryan.
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats a pretty neat idea. I have not been to the library by my house in a while but I wonder if they stock manga. If they do I might just follow your lead.

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can understand that you're doubting the series continuation after such a long time, I do too, but you timing is a bit odd. Were you seriously expecting something to be announced right now? It's January, why would you expect something to be announced in January? And like a few months before the 3DS launch. I mean, Konami is known to time Suikoden news and releases with almost a skillful level incompetence, but this would be a new record even for them almost (or actually no, releasing V a week before Kingdom Hearts II is still their most stupid move)... Personally I will, as per usual, await TGS before lowering my hopes for the series even further... Right now though I'm at a low, yet stable, hope level and it'll remain unchanged until, like I said, TGS...
Onix

26611 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Been a while! And still no news. :(
Suikoden, please come back! :D I'm hoping that they be able to do something by this year. :D

"It shall be engraved upon your very soul!" Hrist Valkyrie (VP2)
Rachael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Let's just face it, friends: Suiko is dead Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria was released six and a half years after the original game. Anything can happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: