Suikoden United and Illusional Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Most Character Who had Pain In Suikoden ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mohammed

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: The Most Character Who had Pain In Suikoden ? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have played all Suikoden games and finished them with all endings more than just once ..
and i say the most Character who had pain and sorrow is Tir McDohl .. as you know he lost his best friend .. and he ended his father`s life by his own hand ..
so what do you think is the most character had pain in Suikoden ?
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tough call, really.

There are plenty of characters with tragic pasts (or "presents," as in the case of each hero). Viktor and Flik lost people close to them (though in Viktor's case it was probably worse, as he witnessed his friends and family devouring one another's flesh), as did Jess, Klaus, Apple, Lucia, Hugo, Katarina, Corselia, Lymsleia and Luserina, just to name a few. If you look at the heroes alone, they've all gone through their share of pain. Not in just losing someone they care about, but the pain of being exiled or rejected, being made to feel isolated, having to bear the stress and burden of leading an army at a young age. Even the villains went through a lot of pain--Luca Blight (before he turned evil), Jowy Atreides (murdering Anabelle, sacrificing Muse citizens, using Jillia, and other decisions that weighed heavily on his conscience), Luc (existential angst and being constantly tormented by his rune's visions), Sarah (S3, isolation as a child and being used like a tool), Sialeeds (sharing the pain of losing family members as her niece and nephew had) and even Gizel Godwin (lost his mother, then was forced to break off his engagement with a girl he deeply admired). And what about people who weren't villains but were forced to do evil acts out of necessity, or other reasons? For example, Georg Prime, who had to murder the queen, the wife of his good friend, and then be known as the traitorous knight who killed the Queen of Falena and the Commander of the Queen's Knights. If he felt pain when someone spoke to him about it, it was probably worse because the "rumor" was actually half-true. And he probably felt more pain because he couldn't talk about it and break the Prince's heart over the truth of what Queen Arshtat had done to her own husband. Basically, the guy was also suffering in silence. And then there's Sagiri, one of the kids who was forced into becoming an assassin. No one knows how much pain she's in, because she only knows how to smile and kill.

Wow. Uh... I guess this is turning more into a "tragic" discussion than a "pain and sorrow" discussion. The point is, so many characters experience pain, sometimes a great deal of it, so it's difficult to say who felt the most pain.
mohammed

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The Most Character Who had Pain In Suikoden ? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah i agree with you ..
really ..
but which character is living the pain ?
because Tir living it .. thats what i feel every time i look in his eyes
but really i am impressed
you know your ways a round and i like that
thanks for sharing :) :)
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which character is "living" the pain? I suppose the one who had the most attachments or regrets. For example, someone like Jowy probably hasn't lost as many loved ones as, oh, say, Tir or Prince Freyjadour, but with everything he did while serving Highland, he probably felt pain about all the pain he caused others. Tir and Frey, however (and you're right about Tir), they have attachments and end up losing quite a few loved ones along the way, and even though they're silent heroes, you can feel them struggling to go on. But when you compare the situations, I think the amount of pain they feel is almost the same... but in different ways.

(...and now that I've spoken of regrets, it reminds me of the "alternate" paths the heroes can take in Suikoden 2 and 5. I guess one can say it's up to the player to decide how much additional pain the hero can experience, should they choose to run away at Tinto, or stay at the castle on Ceras Lake when the option IS to run away.)

And you're welcome. Glad you enjoyed my post up there.
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

pain pain. For me its sierra, she mentioned that she hate herself that cannot die...
mohammed

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well.. Sierra is immortal .. thats why she hates herself because of the curse ..
and anyone who have a true rune will be also immortal .. like Tir and lazlo .. but i dont think Sierra is in pain ..
hate and pain are two different thing
mohammed

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="El Regrs":2jansmqx]Which character is "living" the pain? I suppose the one who had the most attachments or regrets. For example, someone like Jowy probably hasn't lost as many loved ones as, oh, say, Tir or Prince Freyjadour, but with everything he did while serving Highland, he probably felt pain about all the pain he caused others. Tir and Frey, however (and you're right about Tir), they have attachments and end up losing quite a few loved ones along the way, and even though they're silent heroes, you can feel them struggling to go on. But when you compare the situations, I think the amount of pain they feel is almost the same... but in different ways.

(...and now that I've spoken of regrets, it reminds me of the "alternate" paths the heroes can take in Suikoden 2 and 5. I guess one can say it's up to the player to decide how much additional pain the hero can experience, should they choose to run away at Tinto, or stay at the castle on Ceras Lake when the option IS to run away.)

And you're welcome. Glad you enjoyed my post up there.

well.. we can say that the real ending for each Suikoden game is the 108 stars ending
we saw both ending for Tir and Frey
in Prince Frey ending you can see happiness and he have people around him that loves him and care about him and i guess his love for lyon will grow and they will be more than a couple .. you see his moving on wont be hard ..
unlike Tir who has the Soul Eater the eternal curse .. that eat the souls of who is dearest to the host`s heart .. and i hear a rumors that the beginning of Suikoden VI will be Gremio`s funeral because of the Soul Eater .. so you can see that Tir is not just living the pain .. the pain is part of him ..
Eightfold Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*woot first post :) *

Try ted as one of the candidates, losing everyone he originally knew, under constant pursuit of Windy, living 300 years without friends. Imagine that kind of stuff stacking up over a period of 300 years.
mohammed

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Eightfold Rune":f5nldozu]*woot first post :) *

Try ted as one of the candidates, losing everyone he originally knew, under constant pursuit of Windy, living 300 years without friends. Imagine that kind of stuff stacking up over a period of 300 years.

yeah Ted ..
i guess he is one of the best candidates if you asked me .. along with Tir
runeofbeginning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: re: mohammed Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think lazlo isn't immorta; because punishment would see the cycle of death and destruction start over again.
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the bearers of the true runes are not immortal. They just don't age.
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The flame champion is in great pain. it is mentioned in suikoden III manga.
mohammed

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="The_Sun_Rune":r3m1cwl0]The flame champion is in great pain. it is mentioned in suikoden III manga.

but he gave up his true rune so he can grow old with his lover ..
that means he lived his life the way he wanted it to be ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: