Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

This can't be good...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonm17

3378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: This can't be good... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[url:3g92026s]http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/konami- expects-82-percent-profit-drop[/url:3g92026s]

Not saying it will lead to the demise of certain projects but at the very least Konami has to take a step back and take a look at things and see what direction they should be going in.
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe they simply invested less money on games.
I dont know, I dont have enough information to know what they will be doing with suikoden.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Try reading the article again.

The actual revenue is down only 22.5%

2008 saw the release of big name titles, namely Metal Gear Solid 4. There's nothing this year that could compete with that. It also states that virtually all big-name releases fall under the second half of this fiscal year, this report is for the first half.

And it clearly states that the figures are approximatly the ones they expected. There's no problem here, don't make one up.
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with raww I'm sure some of that is damage control but even the stock drop was relatively small, so I don't think it's a big deal, if the stock holders aren't jumping ship you can probably count on them putting a little more money into production to bring the numbers up for the first half of next year.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Hawksaber

1041 Potch
5 Soldiers
687 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: This can't be good... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My brother told me that the guy at the games store said Tierkreis was being discontinued. As in, no more new copies of Suikoden Tierkreis games will be on the shelves. Not sure if this is just a rumor, but if that is the case, wouldn't that be somewhat of a grim foreshadowing of Suikoden's future?
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: This can't be good... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Hawksaber":3niaj2k0]My brother told me that the guy at the games store said Tierkreis was being discontinued. As in, no more new copies of Suikoden Tierkreis games will be on the shelves. Not sure if this is just a rumor, but if that is the case, wouldn't that be somewhat of a grim foreshadowing of Suikoden's future?

That'd be -ing excellent for Suikoden's future if we never have to see it get raped again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: