Suikoden Unique and Informational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The first queen of Falena
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyril De Montague

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: The first queen of Falena Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I was replaying Suikoden V over again, When you go to Lunas after you retake Sol Falena, Lyon says something about the first queen of Falena settled in the moutains with the Sun rune and created the land that became Falena, Does this mean the first queen is not human and could possibly be a goddess of some sort, Any thoughts?
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That could fit Sophita's description. Sounds like an interesting idea.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Archpark

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: The first queen of Falena Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a theory that it's Jeane... I'm sure that's been brought up before, but you know like... the white hair thing, the fact there's mysterious shit about her in the region like with Eresh and that nonsense and the business about her not having a true rune, but being immortal... sound theory, but once again, I figured it was obvious enough to not be original.
Cyril De Montague

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: The first queen of Falena Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's possible that it could be jeane, I thought it was kind of weird her hair was change to a light pink in Suikoden V, Yeah Jeane could very well be a Goddess in the Suiko world perhaps.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They specifically changed Jeane's hair to pink so that she wouldn't be confused with the Falena family line. I think that's a pretty direct denial of that being the case. Also, the fact that she's been in so many other games that have nothing to do with Falena would make it odd that she's so much to do with that particular game.

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm assuming it was intended to be a historical exageration. True Rune bearers can levitate, but they don't descend from heaven. Plus the Sun Rune was in Falena way before it was a Queendom. (read: Ancient Armes Dynasty)

Edit: Think of it like Jesus being an imaculate conception. It lends fuel to thoughts of superiority and divine right. Such things have been said of many legendary rulers. For another, less religious example: King Aurthur.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Archpark

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually had a theory about her hair being pink as well, that she may have dyed her hair so as to not be associated by the people of the region with being related in some way to the royal family. I definetly think Konami making her hair pink isn't just their way of subtlely retconning or something. They also brought up hair dye in the game too with Sialeeds so it's obviously something of note in Falena.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure they mentioned, in-game, that Jeane dyed her hair because it was illegal for anyone but the royal family to have white hair.

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't recall a mention of Jeane dying her hair because it's illegal to have white hair.
There are non-royals in Falena who have the same hair color so I doubt there's such a law.

The first queen is supposed to have emerged from Lunas where future queens go through ritual purification before they are enthroned. We know the queen's name as well, although I can't remember it off the top of my head.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's been a while since I played Suikoden V, since my copy is damaged, so maybe I mixed something up.

When did the first queen's name become known? We have it on the Gensopedia as unkown.

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was a mistake, I confused it with with the first queen after moving the capital to Sol Falena.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, okay.

Cyril De Montague

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The first queen of Falena Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do you happened to know the name? Is there any info or much said on the Ancient Armes Dynasty? And why was Viki so surprised that Falena was still around? Could it mean that in Viki's time Falena no longer exist?
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was never said what the first queen's name was. It's generally assumed that since Viki time hops, that she has atleast been to a place in the future. I know they go to Viki's world in one of the gaidens, but I don't think they explore timeline. There is some ingame info about the Ancient Armes Dynast. Just snippets, mostly, though. Their king lost control of the Sun Rune and their civilization was destroyed, in a much more catastrophic way than anything in Suikoden V.

Edit: If you meant the queen who moved the capital to Sol Falena, then it is [url=http://gensopedia.duefiumi.com/index.php?title=Kho rshed_Falenas:2k09zwtw]Khorshed Falenas[/url:2k09zwtw]

Cyril De Montague

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is the first queen right? I wish they had release the gaidens in the US, Though in future Suikodens we are bound to find out where Viki is from as well as the mystery behind Jeane, They have been in the games with no actual storyline to them, Well Jeane did somewhat.. and I guess Viki too if you count the bit in Suikoden V and then in III.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: