Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

094 - It Gets Worse

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonPaul

66249 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: 094 - It Gets Worse Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The actions of Karn Tzimicses were all but a declaration of war on One Nation. Wight, still at the Harrison City Hall, didn't know what to make of it. Ohio didn't have the means, or the technology, or the manpower to even consider such a bold statement. He half-wondered if Holmes had indeed gone to Karn and offered the same deal that he offered to Reynolds. At the time he couldn't confirm it, but one thing was certain: Ohio had to be getting help from somebody. Otherwise, this was going to be a very short war.

A bar of Styx's "Queen of Spades" played, signaling a call from his own queen of spades. He answered his cellphone, hoping that Blue had found some explanation for all of this.

"You know, Big Daddy," Blue said, "I'm actually glad you took my knives now."

"Why is that?" Wight asked.

"They confiscated my knives and any other weapons I had for the rearmament."

Wight was confused at what she meant. "Rearmament?"

"Looks like Karn made some powerful friends very quickly," Blue said ominously. "Every member of the Ohio militia has been outfitted with SF-294 assault rifles, titanium knives, and .45 Leonidas magnum hand guns. All state of the art."

"SF-294 and Leonidas," Wight muttered as he tried to recall the manufacturers of those models. "Those are Akigiyama weapons."

"Yep. It looks like Karn made a deal with Akigiyama. They're all over the place in Columbus, and it looks like they're spreading outward."

Akigiyama again. Wight learned that they were connected to David Holmes in some way, but in the week he spent researching, he could find nothing concrete. If Holmes was in league with Akigiyama, he was covering his tracks well. Now here they were in Ohio, apparently lending their aid to Karn for whatever reason. "Have you learned anything else? Anything that might connect them to the UPCA, perhaps?"

"No," Blue replied, "but I did learn something very disturbing. All of this new technology comes at a cost, it seems. I did a little digging into Ohio's financial records. It turns out that Akigiyama has a deal that allows them full reconstruction rights to their land and whatever territory they might acquire. In other words, Ohio basically belongs to Akigiyama now."

That was indeed disturbing news. However, at least now he had some idea what was going on. Even though David Holmes did not make the offer, someone else from Akigiyama, perhaps Quintin Kaiser himself, made the offer given to Reynolds to Karn, and Karn, apparently, accepted. This was going much deeper than a simple land conflict. What did Akigiyama have to gain from taking Ohio? Was there something important about that land? Or did it even matter, and just any land would have sufficed? One thing Wight knew for certain--Akigiyama wouldn't be doing any of this if Reynolds were still alive.

"I think we can rule Karn out as a suspect," Wight said. "It makes no sense that he would kill Reynolds because he was unhappy with Ohio being a possession of the United States only to turn the nation over to Akigiyama days later."

"Unless, of course," Blue said, "he's a plant. But from where I stand that doesn't seem likely. Oh, and it gets worse."

"Worse?" Wight asked. He couldn't possibly figure out how it could get worse.

"Turns out some of Akigiyama's own are joining Ohio's cause. Real professionals, if you get my drift. I haven't been able to identify any of them yet, but it seems that they're Karn's contingency plan."

"Contingency plan?" Wight asked. "Contingency for what?"

"In case Andrew or any of the Freedom Fighters get involved in this," Blue replied.

"You're right," Wight said with a sigh. "It's worse."

"So what's the plan now?" Blue asked.

"What you've told me is very helpful, but I can't use it to expose Akigiyama unless I have proof. A simple rearmament would raise a few red flags, but Akigiyama is perfectly within their rights to sell weapons to Ohio if they ask for them, even if Ohio were to create a massive deficit in the process. I want you to find some hard proof that they're intervening in this war. Whatever you think might best expose them. I'll leave that to your discretion. Once you find what you're looking for, take it and return here as quickly as possible."

"Right," Blue answered. "What about my sister?"

"I don't think anyone in One Nation is behind this," Wight replied, "but I want to keep her there for the time being anyway, just in case."

"Got it," Blue replied. "See you in about a week, and if my sister gets back before I do, tell her I'm sorry about her knives." With that, she hung up her phone.

Wight sat at his desk, trying to take in everything he knew. Akigiyama's name dropped in regards to David Holmes was suspicious, but now it was clear that they were in this deeper than he thought. Was Quintin Kaiser the mastermind behind everything? Or was he simply an opportunistic vulture swooping down on a dying gazelle? And what did David Holmes have to do with any of this, if anything at all?

He called for the woman who served as his secretary at the Harrison City Hall. "Get me the Lizar brothers," he said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: