Suikoden United and Illegal Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

092 - Visions in Light and Shadow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: 092 - Visions in Light and Shadow Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

“Does it still hurt?”

Logan nodded. One arm was gingerly rubbing his stomach while the other moved a small wooden piece up. “Yeah, it does. But I can manage,” he responded.

“Sorry,” Alex responded, looking sheepishly up at Logan.

Logan smirked. “It’s ok. I would have done it for anyone, the fact that you’re a child just means I didn’t have to think about it,” he says, winking as he watched Alex put his hand heavily on a black checker, moving it a spot.

Ibuki set a small cup of tea on a table with one hand while she held Adrian firmly with the other. “Here you go, sorry it took so long,” she said, smiling as she looked down at the man. “When I asked for someone to come over to look at Adrian, I didn't exactly expect a One Nation soldier.”

Logan rubbed the back of his head nervously as he set his trap for Alex. “I’m not actually an official part of One Nation. I ran into some old friends where I was in medical training and just sort of came with them. And I was more than happy looking at Adrian, it beat sitting around.”

“So when did you become a doctor?” she asked, sitting down as she rocked Adrian.

Logan furled his brow as Alex jumped five of his pieces, grinning up at him. “King me!” he exclaimed, a sort of child-like arrogant grin on his face.

Logan put a checker on his piece and glanced at Ibuki. “You sure he’s never played checkers before?” he asked, annoyed that the six-year-old could so easily trump his strategy.

Ibuki giggled some. “Nope, I don’t recall him ever seeing a checker before today.”

Logan sighed and made his next move. “I was actually in training in Louisiana. We thought spending some time as a military medic might be a good thing. Of course…” he said, looking down at his abdomen, still heavily bandaged underneath his clothes. “I’m beginning to question it. I’m not exactly a warrior like everyone else here.”

Alex grinned, setting up his last pieces to ensure that Logan would lose them. He sat back as Logan examined his options and, with a sigh, moved his piece. Alex grinned widely as he jumped Logan’s piece to win the game. “Got ya!”

Logan furled his brow. “You know, kid, next time I’m going to bring a game that you won’t win.”

Ibuki grinned. “Good luck, he’s not a prodigy for nothing,” she responded, going up and taking Logan’s empty tea cup. “Let me get you another cup.”

Logan shook his head. “No, no, that’s ok, you’re carrying your son. I’ll take it,” he said, standing up and picking up his tea cup. He began to carry it to the kitchen.

“So how did you get injured, Logan?” Ibuki asked while Alex cleaned up.

Logan paused. He didn’t know how much she knew about the fight with Tyne, or how close he came to killing Alex. If she didn’t know, he certainly wasn’t going to tell her. “Well, I was cut by a monster.”

Ibuki nodded, glancing at Alex who was staring at Logan’s swords. “Don’t touch those, Alex,” she said from the kitchen, causing Alex to jump back. “Thank you for coming by, Logan. Glenn said you could give Adrian a look over, you never know with kids and coughs. Plus, there’s not a lot of people who want to entertain a 6-year-old on a military base.”

“Adrian will be fine. It’s just an inner ear infection, he’ll heal on his own. I’m sure there’s somewhere nearby where we can get him some eardrops if it doesn’t. As for Alex, I hear he’s pretty good at entertaining himself though,” he responded, looking at various gadgets.

“He is, but it’s still nice to have visitors. Things have been so tense around here,” Ibuki said.

Logan sighed. “Don’t remind me, this have been a complete mess around here. It’s just nice to find someone normal…”

A sudden chill entered the room. Both perked up and turned their heads. “Alex?” Ibuki asked, putting Adrian in a child’s seat and going back into the living room with Logan.

Alex was standing there, the swords loosely in his hands. He was staring forward, the wall around him iced over. His breath hung white and visible in the air and his eyes had a light blue tint.

“A-Alex?” Logan asked, stepping forward.

Large spikes of ice suddenly jutted from the wall, coming within inches of Logan and Ibuki. Alex stared at them, not saying a word. There where flickers of light around the boy as he stood here.

“Alex!” Ibuki yelled, running over to her son and grabbing him.

The swords clanked to the ground and Alex took a deep breath. Snow briefly filled the air as the ice disappeared. His eyes were wide as he looked up at his mother. He hugged her tightly, closing his eyes.

Logan hurriedly picked up the swords, holding them in his hands. He didn’t know what happened, what Alex saw, but something was strange about these swords. For Logan, they did nothing.

Logan knew nothing about magic, but there was obviously something about Jet’s swords.

He grabbed his swords and looked at the mother and her child. He’d have to keep the swords away from him. First, though, he needed to talk with someone who might know what it was he was dealing with.

He left Ibuki’s cabin and began to look for Glenn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: