Suikoden Unique and Illusional Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

090 - Geese and Vultures Roost Somewhere

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: 090 - Geese and Vultures Roost Somewhere Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[size=150:1tozt5i3]090 - Geese and Vultures Roost Somewhere

[p:1tozt5i3]"I'MMA ROLLIN' DOWN OHIO WITH A LASER GUN NEEER-NEEER-NEEER-NEEER-NEEER!" Claude busted out a killer air guitar riff on his assault riffle and spun around in circles before collapsing to the ground.[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]"Iiiiiii'm a Mighy Neo Ki daaandy. Miiiiiiighty Neo Ki or die! A real live nephew of my uncle Walter, born on the Fourth of July!!!"[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]"Vincent you're killing our new image. Cut it out," Dobson snapped over his shoulder as their transport, christened "The Mighty Neo Shredmobile", bounded over an irrigation ditch, poorly welded sheet metal clanking heavily on the exterior of their 'armored' mini-van.[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]"Why can't we sing the old songs anymore Dog Boy? You never let me sing the good old songs," Vincent pouted in reply.[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]"Walter doesn't even rhyme you fool! Too many syllablicals!" Dobson shouted back.[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]"Are you calling me a liar?!" Vincent screeched.[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]"JUNGLE, WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE. IT'LL BRING YOU TO YOUR... KNEE-KNEE-KNEE-KNEE-KNEE-KNEE-KNEE-KNEE-NEO KIS! KIS BABY!" Claude continued over the clatter.[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]They were currently headed to the hot spot of all the action, western Ohio, via a corn field.[/p:1tozt5i3]
---------------------------------------

[p:1tozt5i3]Glenn stuffed a cigarette butt into the overcrowded ashtray before him, catching a grin from Kevin as he reached for another. "I would have never thought you could outsmoke me mate. We'll have to see if you're as good with your whiskey some time."[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]"I don't smoke," Glenn grumbled as he lowered his pen for the dozenth time, just as intent on writing nothing. He was faced with a hundred things to sort out and no starting point. In the past few days he'd resolved himself to one thing at least. Serj, Tyne, and the Zicron Blade could wait, Akira could wait, he was going to get to the bottom of Samuel Reynolds' assassination. Filled with new energy from this decision he immediately hit a brick wall. Where to even begin? What approach could he take? Marcus and Kevin were working directly with him, in a makeshift UN base in nearby neutral territory. Marcus was heading the project actually. Krivin was helping out too, his memory loss no hindrance on his reasoning but certainly a barrier on his background knowledge. Watts had the most raw data at his disposal, back at headquarters.[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]"Watts, run a cross analysis on David Holmes. I want everything you have," he heard Marcus request over the phone. Holmes? There were so many damn possibilities. He decided to consult his own resources.[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]"Get up old man," he responded to a groggy hello.[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]"You son of a bitch, it ain't morning yet," Cid's voice replied.[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]"It's 2pm for Christ's sake. What have you heard?"[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]"Aye-yai-yai..." Cid muttered. "Let me ask around."[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]Cid Highwind, as Glenn knew more than anyone but his partner Gades, had enough ties with the underground to make Mafioso proud. He'd lead Wyvern, an airborne smuggling racket in the wake of the plague. The syndicate, named after their airship or perhaps vice-versa, was gone, as were their associates and eventual enemies Chimera and Griffin. Few remained from those days. Rellion, the leader of Chimera and eventually Griffin as well, had been killed on that fateful day when Dodge Kain, an utter anomaly, appeared out of nowhere, shattered all three to the bedrock during the 2009 God of Fight tournament, and vanished just as suddenly. Of Cid's two assistants, Ryce had died in the same event and Ion in the equally mysterious disaster that took Shadow's life and landed the Zicron Blade in Glenn's possession.[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]Glenn shook his head, trying to get on focus. This wasn't the point. When the three groups collapsed the members not present went many ways, some to "tha" soon to crumble Underestimated, some to Akigiyama, perhaps some to Lionel Johnson's up and coming organization. Many looked up to Cid as their mentor, and he wasn't ashamed to remind them. If his hands were clean these days Glenn knew full well he still had some dirt under the nails.[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]The phone rang. "I've heard one thing that might interest you. I hear there was a lot of talk in Akigiyama when David Holmes visited Ohio. Too much talk. It might be a red herring, but maybe you should see what else you can find about that meeting."[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]"Thanks! I owe you one," Glenn beamed. Marcus perked up too, as though it verified or otherwise added to his own suspicions.[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]"No shit," Cid replied and hung up the phone, friendly as always. Glenn didn't flinch. Owing Cid one just meant treating him to a few in his own airborne bar.[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]Akigiyama was perhaps the most logical answer of all, Glenn mused. War meant arms meant profit. A tie with the UCPA? How intimate? Of course assassination was so implausible a UCPA move that Glenn felt inclined to disregard it, but that didn't rule them out on a broader scale. "Maybe a deal was already signed and Akigiyama weren't about to let Reynolds cut out on it," he thought aloud. "Does Wight know anything about this?"[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]Kevin looked up. "I trust him enough to know he doesn't know anything directly, but he might come up with a lead if he's willing to humor the potential for his own organization's involvement."[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]"It's fishy, but like Cid said it might be a red herring," Glenn reasoned. "Karn had ample motive. Someone will just have to get in close and assess his character, see if he's the kind of guy who could even consider offing his leader. And Croft, I wouldn't put anything past him. I'm not sure what he thought he'd have to gain from it, but you guys have seen the way he acts. Maybe he ordered it on some principle of his and just figured "justice" would prevail from there. Does anyone actually know what he said to Reynolds when the two met?"[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]"Well," Marcus stated, ready to take action, "Wight is sending Red and Blue into One Naiton and Ohio respectively, under cover. We've got those four One Nation soldiers who fought Tyne with us too; I don't know about that mystic but I doubt a kid like Logan is a co-conspirator. I don't know how deep their One Nation loyalties lie, but maybe they can help us dig around. In the meantime we can see what Wight has and look into the UCPA and Akigiyama."[/p:1tozt5i3]
[p:1tozt5i3]The two sides were staring down each other's throats, but no full attack had been launched yet. How long could the cease fire hold, and could an answer under any circumstances prevent it?[/p:1tozt5i3]
---------------------------------------

NDR: You can disregard what I'd been saying about moving things ahead a week, I'll do that next post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: