Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

088 - Contingent Loyalties

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: 088 - Contingent Loyalties Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In a small office in a building that had long gone dark for the night, a man sits over a desk examining all manner of charts, folders, simulations, and any other plan he could get his hands on. They all said the same thing. The outlook is bleak.

“Inheriting a war you cannot win. That’s not a very desirable situation, is it General?” a voice from in the room spoke.

Karn’s eyes widened and he pulled a gun from a holster on his side. “Who’s there? How’d you get in here?”

A man walked out of a corner of the room. Karn had no idea how he had gotten there, but his face seemed strangely familiar. “Hello, General Tzimisces.”

Karn held the gun at him for a moment. “Quintin Kaiser?”

Kaiser smirked, walking to Karn. He put his hand on the barrel of the gun and lowered it. “The same. I would request that you lower your hand gun, I’m not like the man who dispatched of your former boss.”

Karn put the gun in its holster. “You can’t be too careful, I suppose you believe I played a part?”

“I really don’t care,” Kaiser said, grinning. “Your boss was quite resistant to any help, but you’re not him. You actually have an interest in winning.”

Karn nodded, looking away for the moment at the battle plans. Croft had better trained soldiers and more of them. “What are you here for, Kaiser?”

Kaiser nodded his head. “I’m here to offer you a hand, strictly under the radar. You cannot beat Croft in his current state. However, with the right equipment and the terrain advantage you would be able to put up a strong fight.”

“A strong fight?” He sat on the edge of his desk, looking at the man. Akigiyama was the wealthiest company in the world. “Most of our soldiers are volunteers and farmers who lack most of the formal training of Croft’s. They’re fighting with old hunting rifles and shotguns. It will take more than a simple weapon upgrade.”

“Then you see the purpose behind my visit. I’m here to make you a lucrative offer, General. One that will allow you to fight Croft on a more reasonable level.”

“What is it?” Karn asked. He was still distrustful of Akigiyama, but he was interested in the offer.

“Have all your men relinquish their old arms and munitions. We’ll replace them with our newest models, weapons even Croft has no access to. We’ll give you tools to counter his artillery and a healthy sum to pay and train your volunteers while you and Croft play this cat-and-mouse game,” Kaiser offered.

Karn nearly fell backward. That was far more than he could ever expect to receive. “How can I trust you?”

Kaiser laughed. “General, a military man cannot be trusted, but you can always count on a businessman to do what’s best for the bottom line. Croft, he’s not good for the bottom line.”

“I don’t have enough to pay you for this aid,” Karn relented. “We’re not exactly the wealthiest of states.”

Kaiser nodded. “I know full well what you can offer. That’s why I wish to make a deal. You trade in your weapons and ammunition and we’ll offer you a substantial discount. Give us full reconstruction rights to your land and every land you may gain as a result of this war and I believe we could make a deal.”

It was still a heavy cost, but as Karn thought about it, he knew how bleak the situation was and how important it was that he get help if he were to fight Croft. “And the Freedom Fighters? The UN can claim to be neutral, but he still leased their help. No amount of weapons or ammo would counteract their power.”

Kaiser smirked. “Agree to this and I will contribute a few of our… special forces, if you will, just in case Mister Lizar and his compatriots decide to get involved.”

Karn glanced out the window at the darkened city. Reynolds would never have trusted Akigiyama, but he wasn’t Reynolds. A smirk crossed his face and he offered his hand, “And no one will know you supplied me with this?”

“Not a soul except yourself, General Tzimisces.”

Karn laughed. He finally had an advantage. “You have yourself a deal, Mister Kaiser.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: