Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

087 - One Foot Forward

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laserkid

25414 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: 087 - One Foot Forward Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

“After all of the battles are over, after all of the fighting, you’ll be the one to find yourself alone with your heart, looking for the answer.”
-Lonely Soldier Boy, Yellow Dancer

The UN temporary camp in Western Ohio

The new UN had assisted greatly with the speech preparations and thus near the stadium was a series of portable buildings near it. These were the UN’s base of operation during this investigation. It had barely been a day since the tragic events that had occurred there, and people were still scurrying about trying to figure out what had happened.

Alex had gone from being allowed to fight alongside his father to being very closely under guard alongside his mother and infant brother in a room in one of the temporary building. It wasn’t a bad room, as it was a VIP room. Still Alex was antsy about what was going on. He knew his father had tried to make a negotiation, that failed due to an assassination. He didn’t know much else, but he did see his mother cry about it many times since. This angered him more then the actual assassination did, since the political side was more or less lost on him. Sure he wasn’t happy someone died. But someone making his mother cry, now that was a terrible crime.

He walked over to Ibuki, “Mommy, are you going to be okay?” He said warmly.

Ibuki smiled and nodded, drying her tears, “It’s alright Alex. It’s just been a sad day. But we’ll work it out.” She said giving him a hug.

Alex of course returned the hug, why would anyone shoot this Reynolds person? It seemed pretty clear to Alex he was trying to do good things, and he was sure, somewhere some relative of his was crying too. Killing people didn’t seem to make a whole lot of sense to him right now.

Ibuki smiled at Alex and Adrian. If there was a reason to keep getting involved it was these kids. They deserved a future where these messes didn’t happen so much.

It was at this moment that the door opened and a few people came into the room.

One was of course Andrew, but the surprise was who was with him.

“Aunt Miwan!” Alex said excitedly and ran up to her and a hug was exchanged.

Also with them was Khali who seemed to stand back, and a priestess.

“They found him, Ibuki. Or at least traces.” Andrew said in as clear a tone as he could.

Ibuki’s ears shot up, “Akira! Is he alright?!”

Alex also tuned into this, lowering himself to a listening position.
Miwan was the one to respond to this, “We’re…we’re not sure. He wiped out the remainder of Mafioso’s old syndicate. But he…he had the Mobius Bracelet on.”

Ibuki’s face went white, “He still…he still has that thing on?”

Andrew sighed, “It looks that way. I know, not exactly the sort of news we want in the middle of this mess, but I knew you’d want to know.”

Ibuki nodded, “At least we know you’re alright Miwan, we were beginning to worry about you too, but I see you had some help.” She had a slight bitterness in her tone at the end. Khali had once kidnapped her when she was still pregnant with Alex.

Khali just ignored the statement, she expected this sort of thing. What she could not have expected was what came next.

Alex walked straight over to Khali, and blinked, “Wow lady, you look cool! Do you fight badguys too?”

Khali blinked rather surprised, she quickly regained her composure and sighed slightly and managed a response, “No.”

Alex sort of pouted, “You should, you look like you’d be awesome for it!” He said and walked back away, not wanting to get into a fight over superhero virtue.

Miwan laughed, “You haven’t changed much since last I saw you Alex.”

Alex grinned happily.

Andrew smiled at all this, “Well at any rate that’s what we know about Akira. As for Reynolds, I’m mainly working with Wight and of course the rebels on the investigation side. Technically Croft and Karn are both suspects. Though I don’t think it’s Croft. He’s many things, liar doesn’t appear to be one of them though.”

Miwan smiled, “Well if you need any help on my end let me know.”

Andrew nodded, “I appreciate that. But I know your heart is in finding Akira. Do what you need to for that, and I’ll do what I can to help you. We’ll fix this mess, if we can’t the UN’s a lost cause.” He paused and pulled out a cellphone looking device and tossed it at Miwan who caught it quickly, “Just don’t get lost again. You can contact me directly with that at any time. I will do whatever I can in my power to help you, but you need to let me know what I can do.” He smiled.

Miwan nodded, “Thanks Andrew.”

Andrew just smiled, there wasn’t need to say anything else.

[center:4uelfbg6]***[/center:4uelfbg6]

Near the One Nation Camp

Marcus Lizar was in the middle of his own investigation with the rebels, newly reunited with Krivin definitely helped the numbers. He had also set up a com link with Watts back at the base. Glenn was there as well, and those who had gone with them to fight Tyne had seemingly naturally fit in with them.

Marcus was mulling over some data he had gotten from Andrew, sipping his coffee cup, which had been jokingly labeled “Evil ED” with a sharpie marker, though it wasn’t alive like its namesake.

He spit out some coffee as he read a piece of the data however, “That doesn’t make any sense...why...why would they do that?! I think I’m onto something. Watts, run a cross analysis on David Holmes. I want everything you have.”

Across the radio Watt’s voice came through, “The UCPA President? Funky, but can do boss.”

“Heaven help us if I’m right.” Marcus sighed.

TO BE CONTINUED…
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: