Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 1 grinding?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Suikoden 1 grinding? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where is the best place to level up without starting the final event in suikoden 1?

I assume its either Kasim or Sonya's fortress but I can't get my head around how XP works plus the math involed to figure where i'd get more xp.

Not to mention how much of a waste it would be if I was wrong.
JetTheHellfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shasarazade would be the best place for that. If you're trying to level up lesser used characters, their EXP will get closer to whatever Tir's is (naturally, without 99 tricks and whatnot) the same as throughout the game. However I have no idea about the math involved.

I can't remember who I had settled on for my final party the last time I played. I went in Shasarazade with almost everyone I hadn't used yet and got them as strong as I could. I remember being impressed by Anji more than I thought I would but I don't think I took him to the last battle.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Suikoden 1 grinding? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just wondering because the enemies at Kasim's HQ are almost the same level and they come in bigger packs plus you can rest for free at his castle. I wasen't sure if the level difference for the enemies was signifigant enough to outway the fact that they came in smaller packs.
JetTheHellfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm, true. I'm sure I spent my fair share of time in Moravia, too. I think the money payout's better there because of the bigger packs. Good if you still have to see a blacksmith for the other characters.

I'd saved that Prosperity rune from the beginning and slapped it on Viktor first chance I got. I can't remember who I'd put it on near the end, Anji maybe... Anyways, the higher payout at Moravia was even better with that rune :)
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="JetTheHellfire":1wauzif2]Hmmm, true. I'm sure I spent my fair share of time in Moravia, too. I think the money payout's better there because of the bigger packs. Good if you still have to see a blacksmith for the other characters.

I'd saved that Prosperity rune from the beginning and slapped it on Viktor first chance I got. I can't remember who I'd put it on near the end, Anji maybe... Anyways, the higher payout at Moravia was even better with that rune :)

Money is never a problem in this game. I just abuse Gaspar's cup game until i have max. You need more then max to outfit 5 characters who haven't been touched at the end of the game.
JetTheHellfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked chinchirorin better in II for some reason...

With the Prosperity rune I ended up getting like 30K per fight in Moravia. Yup, money's no problem in this game one way or the other lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: