Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Zenkaiwohabamu

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serenity Frost

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Suikoden Zenkaiwohabamu Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It makes me sad that Konami seems to have no intention of picking up their old story in order to finish it. Or at the very least answer questions that they posed if even for the 1000 potch dirty character secrets. After a bit of sadness I've decided to just take the story up myself. If I was an artist/coding genius then I'd be able to do it in the medium it deserves, but I'm a writer. So I'm writing.

My goal here is to have the closest to cannon fan fiction ever. One that will satisfy my curiosity and desire to see old beloved characters again.

I've applied for authoring rights to the site but since it's a fan fiction and not an article, I can understand if I'm turned down.

As of right now I've written 4 chapters that can all be found on DeviantArt. The only problem is that DeviantArt is very large and the Suikoden fan community is very small. Any chance of getting feedback on it would be next to zero. So I embarked on a search for an active site filled with people who can appreciate what I'm wanting to do here and even be able to help me do it right. Below is a link to the chapters so far. (Maybe even more than four by the time someone reads this post.)

[url:156fmyj5]http://serenity-blue.deviantart.com/gallery/# Suikoden-Zenkaiwohabamu[/url:156fmyj5]
Sky Blue

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey Serenity Frost thanks for the fan fiction, I've basically just flipped through it, I'll definitely read in more detail when I have more time during the weekends.

Well, I can see you must have put a lot of effort into this, just wanted to let you know we appreciate what you have done. Suikoden is a series with a very big plot, I believe everyone will have their individual thoughts and explanations towards certain aspects of the story that are still shrouded in mystery. Still, as with the numerous Suikoden fan fictions out there, it is nice to see people like you share your own version of the Suikoden story with the rest of us.

Keep it up!
Serenity Frost

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Suikoden Zenkaiwohabamu Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you very much, Sky. I'm hoping to find answers that will satisfy the most fans possible. TO do that though I need to know what their answers are. This forum is a really good place for that.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So what's Zenkaiwohabamu? Gibberish, or does it actually mean something?

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Serenity Frost

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Suikoden Zenkaiwohabamu Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's Japanese. If I did it correctly it should be preventing complete destruction.
Zenkai - Complete Destruction
Habamu - Prevent
wo - to

My only really insecurity in this is that wo is also used to denote ownership. Like Neko wo Shitsuji would mean The Cat's Butler. My mistake. I was thinking of 'no' which isn't 'wo' though it certainly sounds like it.

Also, zenkaiwohabamu is written as one word because I used the katakana for it in the logo. Had I used the kanji (which was two characters long and wouldn't have been nearly as balanced) then it would have been spelled Zenkai wo Habamu. I'm not sure why they make that distinction in romaji, but they do. (Or if they really even, since I got most of my information from online translations, j-dorama titles, and logic.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: