Suikoden United and Irenic Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

David Carradine found dead in Bangkok Hotel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: David Carradine found dead in Bangkok Hotel Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[url:1c2abll6]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/ 8083479.stm[/url:1c2abll6]

A martial arts hero! I really liked Kung Fu, shame he is gone, I'm sure many here also know him from Kill Bill (as Bill). :(
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't know what to say, but the article is a bit confusing and somewhat contradictory:

Quote:
Thai police told the BBC a hotel maid found the 72-year-old naked in a wardrobe with a cord around his neck and other parts of his body.

The US star was in Thailand filming his latest film, Stretch, according to his personal manager Chuck Binder.

Mr Binder said the news was "shocking", adding: "He was full of life, always wanting to work... a great person."

However, Thai newspaper The Nation reported that police believe the actor took his own life, and preliminary investigations found that he hanged himself.

If someone was described as "full of life" why would such a person commit suicide? I can see the police, or anybody else who didn't personally know him, entertain the possibility but, without any context, we really don't know what happened. The suspicious part is that it says the cord was around his neck and other parts of his body, which doesn't exactly point to a suicide as I doubt someone planning to kill themselves wouldn't tie themselves up first.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why would he commit suicide naked? Or commit suicide at all? He seemed like a happy man in interviews.
JetTheHellfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Why" indeed... and yet suicide happens all too frequently. I thought he seemed happy too, but I guess he wasn't after all.

I was more or less raised on Kung Fu, but I didn't care much for Kill Bill.

There's nothing I can say but that this is a tragedy.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eerily enough I was just talking about him with all my friends last week as a running gag. I got a new chiropractor who looks very similar to David Carradine and was making jokes about "Bill" being my chiropractor now. That's such a sad coincidence that he was in my thoughts so recently and now he's dead.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It could have been an unintentional death. From the article it seemed like he may have been partaking in something quite kinky. Could have potentially been dangerous, who knows. I guess when they release more information it will become clearer.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

David Carradine. :(

R.I.P.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only started watching Kung Fu sort of recently, so it makes me extremely sad that he is dead. He was also awesome to see (along with his brother) on Wild West Tech every now and again. Is it too soon to make a Kill Bill joke now that Bill is dead?

Regardless, R.I.P.

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the guy. But jerking off alone with a cord around your neck? Really now.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well if you're going to die, there are worse ways to go than asphyxiation during masturbation.

^Actual quote!
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

David Carradine's dead?! :shock: I completely missed that! I know him mainly as Bill and have never seen Kung Fu. I liked what I've seen from him a lot but I can't say I view him as a 'martial arts hero'. He was more of an old-school movie star starring in Kung Fu flicks. Funny thing is that I just used his famous monologue on Superman in class as a listening activity! :unsure:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: