Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Old Nation System
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: The Old Nation System Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A lot of us had fun with the old nation system and I've seen grumblings of people, whether they be newcomers or veterans, who wish the game were still being played today. While we don't have any intention of simply making a carbon copy of Suikox 1.0, I am more than willing to implement a Suikoden-based game (rather than the Transformers-based game I had originally planned) along similar lines of the one we enjoyed here for four years provided there is sufficient interest in such a project.

Just to be clear, this would not be identical to the defunct Suikox game and it is not intended to compete with the game in development by Mr. Fuji as the mechanics and gameplay would be quite different. There would be superficial similarities, such as nation forums and the like, but aspects like character growth would be completely independent from posting habits.

So, please, if you are interested or even if you are not, let me know by answering this poll.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
ViktorFan

Shalimar

Potch
Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the old wargame a lot so I'm interested.
ard

Einherjar

Potch
Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same as VF.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

Potch
Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am in! :P
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

Potch
Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You had me at "Old Nation System".

in.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

Potch
Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sure, I still check this forum most days even though I don't post. I really liked the old war game and it allowed for a lot of interesting conversation so I'd be in.

Location: highland royal plaza (sleeping in the bed with jilia)
Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah no problem ,some advertisemnet will be good
you will say i'm new in the forum but i was registred before
Decado

Desert Elite

Potch
Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aye. There be much good it what you say you scurvy lubber...

Sanctus

Potch
Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes. Yes, yes, yes, a million times yes.

Vanguard Elite

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Decado":31engnkp]Aye. There be much good it what you say you scurvy lubber...

I like oranges so I don't have scurvy thank you very much.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Decado

Desert Elite

Potch
Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Milan Fiori":315nl2dk][quote="Decado":315nl2dk]Aye. There be much good it what you say you scurvy lubber...

I like oranges so I don't have scurvy thank you very much.
Oh, sorry buddy. It must just be a bad complexion then :) Didn't mean to be rude.

Rebel of Babylon

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been working on the forum, should the interest ultimately prove viable, and I've got the basic functions all modded to hell just the way I like them. The next step is to get the game-related functions operational, which is going to be the most difficult part.

Don't expect the forums to be as pretty as these, as the coding only works on phpBB2 and we're still deciding upon what colour scheme to work with. (ie: dark background or light background)

The number of nations involved will be determined by the number of people interested in playing the game, as well as how many candidates for nation leaders we can recruit. Plus, any artistic types out there who can create icons would be greatly welcome. Graphical work is definitely not my strong point.

Zaleria

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still check back on this forum from time to time and I'm very interested in this idea. I hope it will happen.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

Potch
Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am not too bad on the artistic front but there are much better here, hopefully they will show their interest!
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even though it's more of a luxury than a necessity, it would be most helpful if I could find someone skilled enough with PHP to put together calculators for the combat algorithms.

If there are any creative souls who are well schooled in terms of Suikoden geography, I might be able to make use of your services as my info does not contain any information on regions, such as their overall descriptions and whether or not they have fortifications.

[quote="Goldy":jjjlkpws]I am not too bad on the artistic front but there are much better here, hopefully they will show their interest!

Any help is appreciated. What I could particularly use at this point in time are any nation flags. We haven't decided upon a theme yet, so it is preferable if graphics have a transparent background and can, thus, serve both a light or dark background.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: