Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Old Nation System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Work on the system is progressing quite well. With the exception of the stat formulas, the player profile system is now complete. The characters are completely separate from the members' forum accounts and, with the exception of mercenaries, are expected to use a different name. Among the options players will have when creating their characters are:

Name (no numerals permitted, except in cases like "Schtolteheim Reinbach III")
Race & Class (similar to the Suikox v1 Race & Path, but these are generated from the start)
Regiment
Weapon (the choice of which is determined by the chosen Class)

Once the game is in progress, the player can outfit their characters with runes and armor.

Regiments will only come into play for war battles, whereas party battles (based on the six-member parties of the games) will make use of the weapon. Duels will be present, but will not be part of the war system and, thus, cannot be used in lieu of a full fledged battle. At present, the primary idea for duels is the event of a bounty hunter being set upon a particular character, though I can envision scenarios where characters may wish to settle differences with them.

Magic utilizes the Suikoden system of having a set number of spells per level and is only available in the party battles. The party battles themselves are the only way to gain experience and, in turn, build up characters. New players or players who aren't among the crew chosen to plan for the nation's war battles can venture out in parties so long as they have the resources (we're still working on this section, so specifics are bound to change somewhat) to carry out their actions. As with the Suikoden games, lower-leveled characters will gain more experience from party battles than high leveled generals. I think I may have even included the Prosperity rune, but it's not like the rare runes would just be handed out in shops, of course.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

Potch
Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am in. Will there be any mercenaries in this new system???
Regardless, i want to join. I am willing to help in any way i can.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

Potch
Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The Old Nation System Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds interesting. Count me in.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

Potch
Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll play.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

Potch
Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you need Icon work, I'm your guy. If you want to use the old style of images I have tons of them still, A bunch of races as well which were never used. If you need any sprite based request PM me Elc. I'd like to participate in this.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll definitely keep that in mind. I think an updated homage to the old style would be pretty cool. Given that runes and items will play a part in the game, there will definitely be ample need for icons. I still have the icons you made for the Barows/Godwin game which never really took flight in Falena.

[quote="Barbarossa Rugner":wlqgvic8]Will there be any mercenaries in this new system???

Most definitely, otherwise the admins wouldn't get a chance to play. ;-)

Kikito

Order of the Absolute

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I'd be interested in playing this game!
Parallax

Fighting 181st

Potch
Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Absolutely not.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

Potch
Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What about those of us who want to play a game similar to this but don't like Elc, Sage or Parallax? :D
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, you can never go wrong with the Sixth Sense...

But, please, I'm trying to gauge real interest and ambiguous to not-so-serious posts make that difficult.

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

Potch
Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I probably will, I'd like to see the game before I started saying I'll be playing it regularly, but you can probably count on my presence.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are definitely significant changes from the old Suikox system. Mercenaries, in particular, will need to maintain activity in order to develop their characters as they won't have the benefit of a nation who can help the junior members rise the ranks. We're working on concepts which may lessen that one particular disadvantage and we have also included a private forum for mercenaries so they, too, can share in the community experience even if being part of a nation doesn't interest them.

I must stress again that this particular project isn't Suikox, but it's close enough to give a familiar feel. Like the old system, posting will yield potch but it has been set similar to the original soldier settings, with 200 potch being the maximum each post will generate. Successfully fighting monsters will fill coffers and provide experience for the players so they can gain levels and afford better armor.

However, battle damage does not simply vanish at the end of a battle. If a character has been knocked down to single digit HP, that's exactly where that character will start in the next battle. Restorative items will be available, but so will inns and other amenities.

Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

Potch
Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do you have an estimate as to when this will be finished and available for us to play?
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We've still got quite a bit of work to do, as development has been underway for about two weeks, but we are hoping to have the system in place within two months, barring any unforeseen delays. We have three people specializing on different aspects of the game, whereas I have been modifying the forum to incorporate the game elements. This mainly being sections which may have been presented as ordinary posts will be handled (or supplemented) via the database.

Areas which we still need to develop include:

Nation vs. Nation battles
Conquering territories was far too easy in Suikox v1. Winning a single battle to acquire territories would lead to, at best, an occupation of the invaded territory. It doesn't really make sense that the population of a Harmonian territory would simply think "We're Grasslanders now, it seems" and go about their business. Thus, conquering territories will be more difficult and involved in execution.

When members create a character (which, I should remind, are strongly encouraged to be different than the forum name. the exception to this are mercenaries, who need to be easily contacted.) the regiment they choose concern nation battles only. Party battles (player vs. monster) take race, class and weapon into account. The choice of race and class will affect stat growth which, as I believe I have mentioned before, can only be advanced through the party battle system and is completely independent from posting habits. Our aim is to prevent characters from becoming monster tanks and the stats will have a cap of 255, but that doesn't mean stats will advance until they reach 255. Once a character reaches level 99 (at most), their stats will not advance any further.

Duels will not have any part in nation battles.

General Structure
Phases will not exist in the manner they did with Suikox v1. There may be some form of point system to determine what actions can be taken, but that is something which has not been set in stone. I, personally, am more of a proponent of an open system where if you have the resources to perform an action, you can do so when you like and not by a restrictive fixed structure. Unless they are perishable, resources won't simply vanish after a certain period of time, thus favouring larger nations. If a large nation is run irresponsibly and all the resources are blown, they won't have their coffers magically filled in time for the next round, whereas smaller nations can build up their resources and launch their plans when they are ready.

Like I said, these plans are not set in stone, so there could be any number of changes by the time the game starts.

One thing we don't have which we would really like to get our hands on, are maps.

Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

Potch
Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've got the maps on my computer at my parents house. I don't know when I can get to them but once I do, I'll send them to you Elc.

I'm in! Will you be bringing back the battle write-ups? That would be pretty neat. :mrgreen:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: