Suikoden United and Infamous Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NDR: General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: NDR: General Discussion Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Consider this thread a continuation of [url=http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30& ;t=32301:14ro5un8]the original post in Advertisements & Fun Links[/url:14ro5un8].
laserkid

25414 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, when are we going to start this puppy up?
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: NDR: General Discussion Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm planning to make the introduction post to kick it off on April 30th. As much as I'm itching to just start it right now, I want to give everyone at least a liiitle time to brainstorm. This time next week though, Midnight Dawn Chapter 10 will be live.

Of course, if people start saying they're ready to go right now I'll make an exception. :D Everyone who said they'd consider joining, expect a PM from me some time this week just to see if there are any last minute questions. Discussion on the forums may have slowed down a bit, but we've been talking about this on irc a lot.

Oh, by the way, if anyone wants to advertise this in their sigs a little bit, here are three old logos for the story. Feel free to make your own if you feel so inclined:

Code:
[center][url=http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewfo rum.php?f=191][img]http://i607.photobucket. com/albums/tt159/oluf/mdlogo1.jpg[/img][/url][/ center]

Code:
[center][url=http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewfo rum.php?f=191][img]http://i607.photobucket. com/albums/tt159/oluf/mdlogo2.jpg[/img][/url][/ center]

Code:
[center][url=http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewfo rum.php?f=191][img]http://i607.photobucket. com/albums/tt159/oluf/mdlogo3s.jpg[/img][/url][ /center]
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, Shad. You should pop into DueFiumi and advertise this. We have atleast three english majors, who I'm sure would be interested, and maybe some others as well.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh wow, I didn't even know that site existed. Thanks, I'll definitely check out the forums there tomorrow and see if anyone's interested.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as right to the story, does it belong to the story after it is added, or is it still free to be re-used by the author in whatever other medium they so choose?

Edit: I was going to ask this in the backstory topic, but it's locked. For Lizarians, is energy type decided at birth/conception (as an "inborn talent"), or is it persued by choice?

laserkid

25414 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The elemental energy of a Lizarian is something they're born with, but don't discover until they've trained themselves for using it. Its something a Lizarian would have been trained for at a very early age.

EDIT: Also, elements like to run in families, but even then sometimes theres a random abberation.

EDIT 2: Also, I should note no one is born with darkness/Norimano, this is something that could be elected by seeking the energy out, or be accidentally given. One with Norimano energy often also carries a second element from their birth.
laserkid

25414 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

God I'm single minded, didn't even think about your other question. I suppose Shad will come up with his own ruling, but traditionally with IS's you own your own posts and can re use them however you like, however you would have to modify them when dealing with the overarching plot and/or other peoples characters since you can't just take other peoples creations. Conversly, once a post has been posted, once a character has been used its a part of the IS's universe and can't simply be "written out" unless a good reason for being written out can be reached. Generally this is the case to prevent a writers departure from killing the story for everyone else. For example, if I left Midnight Dawn at some point, I have a considerable calvalcade of characters that all generally have important functions. One of them was the hero cast leader and now leads a significant governmental body, one of them was a major tech developer for the hero cast, ect. I would never ask you guys to just ignore them if I ever had to leave MD.

But some versions of those characters might show up in my individual work (hell Andrew is based on my oooooooooooooooooold solo story character Laserkid, from which I gain my nickname).
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="TruePerception":3b15ctl6]As far as right to the story, does it belong to the story after it is added, or is it still free to be re-used by the author in whatever other medium they so choose?

I'm sorry, I somehow completely overlooked this. I'm just going to reaffirm what LK said basically. Nothing you bring to Midnight Dawn need be exclusive to Midnight Dawn. Your posts and characters are by no means exclusive property of the story and you are free to use them wherever else you wish. Likewise, you're welcome to adapt a story or character you've used elsewhere to Midnight Dawn; your works here don't have to be original. Laserkid's character Andrew originated elsewhere, and many of my and Tullaryx's characters were not only imported from other stories, but imported with their backstories intact. That is, we both incorporated the stories that these characters were involved in in writing projects prior to Midnight Dawn into the Midnight Dawn universe.

Now, I think I can safely say that the story as a whole, that is, the important plots, characters, and settings that make Midnight Dawn what it is, as it exists through Chapter 9, belongs to a collective body of seven or so people who've contributed the most to creating and preserving it. Your personal characters and plots are your own though.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's what I figured, but I just wanted to make sure.

Nesia

One-two-scratch

51603 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I may join this. My character won't be someone too major though. Let me know when you guys start
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sure thing! Unless my internet goes down it should start in under 48 hours, but I'll send you a PM when it's underway to let you know.
laserkid

25414 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One more day!
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm looking forward to it. I'll start off quite slow and won't put too much effort into until after I take my MCAT.
laserkid

25414 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've got my first post in the wings ready as soon as you start Shad. I'll probably post it after work today.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: