Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NDR: Backstory and Information

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: NDR: Backstory and Information Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This post will be routinely updated as new questions arise, so new members should not be required to read the entire [url=http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=191&am p;t=32310:1cgsofjy]discussion thread[/url:1cgsofjy] to understand what's going on, just this. I will also include a brief synopsis of main-story posts as they're posted so that writers with limited time can catch up without having to read everything they've missed.

I don't want people to feel swamped with text, so understand that the only things in this thread you have to read are the Rules and the brief Backstory section in this initial post. The rest is there to provide more info for people who are curious, and can be especially helpful if you want to make your character a mystic, felinefolk, or lizarian.

Consider this thread your source for all general information concerning the Midnight Dawn universe. I will keep it closed so everything is easy to find. Any questions/comments, ask away in the [url=http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=191&am p;t=32310:1cgsofjy]general discussion thread[/url:1cgsofjy]. I will answer you there and amend this thread if necessary.

-----------------------------------------------------------

RULES:
Please see [url:1cgsofjy]http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php ?f=191&t=32307[/url:1cgsofjy]

FAQ:

I am starting the tenth installment of Midnight Dawn, a long-running interactive story/collaborative writing project, here on Suikox. You are all invited.

Q. What is an interactive story/collaborative writing project?: It is an open-ended work of fiction composed by multiple authors. It is commonly referred to as a collab or IS (interactive story).

Q. Is there any central direction, or is it really completely open ended?: That varies from IS to IS. This one will have a form of central direction. There will be a main story, or story arch, and the outcome of that story is predetermined but known only to the director.

Q. Who is the director?: In this IS, the director will alternate for each installment, or chapter. A chapter will consist of one story arch from start to conclusion. If the story arch is successfully concluded, a new author will be given the opportunity to direct the next one. I will be the director for this installment.

Q. How do I participate?: By creating your own character or characters and writing entries in the story to tell their tales. Entries can be in the form of standard third of first person prose, script format (e.g. Bob: My the sun is bright. *raises his hand to shield his eyes* Joe: Yeah, it's really hot out too. *casts Level 1 Ice on the party*), or even poetry if you feel so inclined.

Q. Are there any requirements for participation?: Only the 7 (very) basic rules posted here: [url:1cgsofjy]http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php ?f=191&t=32307[/url:1cgsofjy]. There are no rules regarding number, length, or frequency of entries. You can post two paragraphs, you can post a short novel. You can post twice a day, you can post twice a month. You can post three times in a row if you want to. There will be no posting rotation. If you don't know what I mean by that, don't worry about it.

Q. What control will the director have over my characters?: None. The director will have control over only the main story arch. The director cannot kill, maim, or otherwise interfere with your characters, including involving them in the story arch without your consent (e.g. Revealing that they are an old acquaintance with the arch's main badguy without getting the author's permission first.)

Q. How do my characters interact with those of other authors?: When other authors' characters happen to be in the same place at the same time, you are free to include them in your entries unless the author specifically requests that you don't. Make sure you have a grasp of the character's personality/fighting style/etc before you use them though. Furthermore, you can use another author's characters any way you want as long as you get their permission first. Coordinate, collaborate, talk to each other! This is not required of course, and if you want to write your own side-story independent of the story arch, either individually or as a group, feel free to.

Q. I don't like how an author is using my character! What should I do?: If Bob is a timid magician and someone writes him as an arrogant gun-fighter, inform the director and author and the post will be edited for compatibility. These issues will be assessed on a case-by-case basis, and changes will only be made where the deviation is considered severe, such as in the example. It would be best for each author to give a little lee-way. For example, if someone uses your character a bit more aggressively than you like but it's nothing serious, the easiest resolution may be to simply write in your next post something akin to "Bob was shocked by his own reaction to the situation. He almost never loses his cool like that." Personal conflicts between authors should be resolved in PMs or referred to the director. Hostility will not be tolerated on the public forum.

Q. What is the setting for this story-arch?: See the BACKSTORY section following this one.

Q. You said this is the 10th chapter/installment. Did I miss something here? Where are the other 9?: Midnight Dawn is an IS that was established in late 1996/early 1997 on the Nintendo.com forums. And has since been hosted on various different sites. None of the original authors are still writing in it, however I and Laserkid, who will be joining us shortly, have been around since Chapter 3. We are currently carrying the tourch, maybe one of you will some day! (On an irrelevant note, Chapter 10 will actually be the 11th installment, due to the 7th being called "Chapter Z".)

Q. So... do I need to read these other 9 installments to know what's going on?: Absolutely not. All background information necessary to participate can be found in this thread. The lush backstory (2,320 pages, and we didn't start keeping track until nearly Chapter 5) should be inspiring, not daunting. Writing in a well established world gives the story a level of depth that I'm sure Suikoden fans can appreciate. For you Nanowrimo nuts, it's interesting to note that the average chapter length (Chapter, not post Gil. :P) is approximately 190,000 words.

Q. Where will this all take place?: Fuji is being awesome and setting up a forum on Suikox for it. Each new story entry will get its own thread, and these threads will be sorted to always appear in the right order, so don't worry about bumping them when you reply. I will post more information on this once the forum's up.

Q. I have more questions!: That isn't a question silly. ... erm, please, ask away! I will answer all questions and give you whatever information you need in order to make this get off the ground smoothly.

I leave you all with a conversation I had a while ago that elaborates on the planned story arch. Once again, your character does not need to get involved in it if you would rather write about something else within the larger IS universe, but this will be where the "interactive" portion really comes together. The main plot in this chapter focuses on the U.S., but the IS as a whole is very much a global tale.:

Quote:
[18:06] <Shad> It's pretty much open to anything you have in mind. You can create a normal character and just follow the main plot or devise a whole story of your own and tie it in however you want if you'd rather.
[18:10] <Shad> This chapter's going to pivot an army trying to unite the [United States] against a civilian militia aiming for independence, neither of which are necessarily 'bad guys'. A third party will be sort of masterminding the war from the sidelines, and they'll be who the main cast will ultimately end up fighting.
[18:13] <Shad> The main group, that is, my characters and those of the other former authors, aren't on either side to start out. Just as some suggestions, you could start your character as a fighter in either army or make him independent of them and hook up with the main cast any way you like, be it as a friend of a pre-established character or just a chance run-in.
[18:14] <Shad> The universe is pre-established from a collab that ran for a few years elsewhere, but the story in this one will be fairly independent since there are only a couple returning authors.
[18:16] <Shad> The setting is pretty much modern day earth.
[18:17] <Shad> A huge war about 12 years prior created a sort of post-apocalyptic setting, but at this point in the story most of the world has returned to normal. It's 2012 now, so technology's not really much more advanced than in reality.
[18:18] <Shad> The only difference is some highly trained people can use magic.
[18:18] <DA> and weapons besides guns are more commonly used because of a major fighting tournament that takes place.
[18:22] <Shad> Yeah, there's an annual fighting tournament in which projectile weapons are prohibited, so its become a lot more popular for people to train with traditional weapons.
[18:22] <Shad> The main armies in the story will use modern weapons. The distinct characters probably won't, because it is after all meant to be fun and you can be a lot more creative with a sword than a gun.
[18:22] <Rocky> okay, so there's no war going on, but a major military totalitarian state?
[18:25] <Shad> I wouldn't call it a totalitarian state, but more like a weakened democracy with a puppet government run by a big international corporation, which we should see the collapse of by the end of the chapter.
[18:27] <Shad> Most people in the country live just as we do today with the same rights and all, but tax money is being abused and there are a few isolated areas of the US that still haven't recovered from the major disaster of 12 years ago that left the country in ruin.
[18:29] <Shad> So the main plot will consist of a hired army trying to reclaim these renegade states, most of which would be better off as a result. The conflict will be when they come across a group that's actually better off independent. There's a controversial struggle etc, and when they're about to make peace, Mr. Corporation Running the Puppet Government [causes a large spoiler].
[18:31] <Shad> The main cast of good guys will fight this third party and subsequently end the war, the US will be reunited and return to what it is in reality, the chapter will end, happiness and joy.
[18:32] <Shad> It's worth noting that Japan and South Africa have become the two leading world powers since they were isolated from the incident 12 years ago and continued to grow while everyone else was recovering.

BACKSTORY:

If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to post here or PM me. Here's a general synopsis of the world involved to peak your interest and give you some ideas. As I said in my previous post, this is patterned as a continuation of a previous story, but the only details you need to know about the previous story are contained in this post. Let me know what you guys think. We can kick this off as soon as there are enough interested people and see how it goes. I think it'll be a lot of fun:

Physical Setting: Earth, approximately mid-2012. Most features parallel the real world. Exceptions include three minor species and magic:

Felinefolk live in a few primitive tribes and have small bearing on the rest of the world. As they can only breed by mating with humans their numbers are doomed to be small.

Mystics, the second race, are born with the innate ability to use powerful magic, however their entire population was recently exterminated and only a handful still exist in the world, many of which live together in a colony in northeastern America. Mystics are not physically compatible with humans, so there are no mystic-human hybrids and their population continues to dwindle.

Lunarians, the third, came from another planet after their home world was destroyed and possess elemental powers. Each Lunarian is born with the innate ability to master one element. Like mystics, they resemble human beings and can easily blend in with society. Very few Lunarians have survived. In fact, the only two full-blood Lunarians known to be living on earth are the brothers Andrew and Marcus Lizar. Andrew also has two half-Lunarian half-human children, Alex and Adrian.

Magic exists in this version of earth, however due to intense training and lack of teachers it is used only by an elite few. A person in any non-combative field of work would probably live their entire life without witnessing magic outside of television.

History: Up until 1996 world history matches reality with only very insignificant differences. In 1996, Hunt Vasci Antoire, the richest and most powerful man in the United States, begins to strengthen his enterprise with a personal army. A group of heroes, among whom only Andrew and Gades survive, fought against him. Upon their defeat in 1997 Hunt successfully overthrows the United States government and goes on to exert his power upon the entire world. As his power grows he proves to be an absolute madman. In 1999 he releases a devastating virus upon the world that destroys about half of its population.

When he is finally defeated by Andrew and company a new order must be formed. Governments across the globe had crumbled due to his militant control and the extent of the virus. They are brought together in the years that followed by the United Countries Protection Association, or UCPA, a sort of global government based in the only neutral region of the world, Antarctica. National boundaries prior to Hunt are for the most part maintained, though loosely bound and regulated by the UCPA. In the aftermath of Hunt Japan and South Africa grow to become leading world powers, their casualties limited by relative isolation. The United States, hit hardest by the attacks, struggles to reclaim its former glory.

Terminology:

Akigiyama - A global corporation with wealth and hold rivaling that of Hunt's prior to his conquest. Their leaders however are thankfully sane and would rather live their lives in luxury than seek to destroy humanity. Nevertheless, they are bound to be involved in any and every major event on the planet and do maintain a small armed protection force.

Almaghest - Almaghest is the most powerful magical spell on earth, and as such almost no one has the abilities to use it. Its power can destroy cities, and if cast improperly will certainly destroy the user with it.

Freedom Fighters - A more recent name used to describe the group of warriors lead by Andrew who overthrew Hunt and helped to quell many other threatening powers in years before and after his reign. They were originally simply known as 'the Rebels' and were lead by a man named Midnight until his death in 2007. Their headquarters is located near Huston, Texas.

God of Fight Tournament - An annual fighting tournament held in Johannesburg, South Africa, in which the strongest warriors and mages on the planet gather to prove their worth in a free-style fighting competition. It has become the most anticipated sporting event in the world and is run by Akigiyama.

Hunt Vasci Antoire - Hunt's name and symbols of his enterprise are looked upon much the same as Hitler and the swastika. Unlike the latter, Hunt has no post-war support group and is generally hated by all of mankind. His name is nevertheless heard on a daily basis due to the extent of his influence on the world.

United Countries Protection Association - The UCPA is a diplomatic entity similar to the European Union which holds sway rather over the entire planet and regulates not only economy but government as well in nations still struggling to recover. They have been heavily scrutinized ever since a rather large scandal within the organization became known last year. Their financial support of a man known as Michael Righteous resulted in the complete destruction of a recently rebuilt Los Angeles as well as numerous chaotic incidents across the globe. Though they weren't fully aware of Righteous's intents they are to a great extent to blame for his rise to power.

Noteworthy Pre-Established Characters (living):

Akira Kusanagi
Andrew Lizar
Eddie Watts
Gades Short
Glenn Franklin
Ibuki Lizar
Janus Zeal
Kevin McIan
Lydia
Marcus Lizar
Miwan
Serj Malkane

Noteworthy Pre-Established Characters (dead/MIA):

Aekir Cadel
Alkasetzer
Dr. Michael Righteous
Hunt Vasci Antoire
Mafioso
Midnight
Shadow
Soljin Deimos
Vera Leart

HISTORIC CHARACTER BIOS:

You do not need to read these in order to participate. This is, however, useful information if you're interested in really getting involved in the story as opposed to just contributing passively.

(The name of the overall decade-spanning story in which ours will be set is Midnight Dawn. The name might pop up a few times in these character bios.)

The following is a brief description of names you may see actively or in passing in the main story-arch posts. After each character I'll put the name of the author they 'belong' to, just for future reference. Where the original author of a living character is so long gone that they more or less belong to the community I've marked "none". Everyone's free to use each
others' characters of course, it's just good to know who belongs to who. I put a star beside the most prominent characters:

Noteworthy Pre-Established Characters (living):

*Akira Kusanagi (Raven2040) - Akira was originally a member of TECH, Hunt's organization, and underwent a series of experiments that turned him into a cyborg. He joined the Rebels (Freedom Fighters) when Hunt got out of control and has been one of their most important members ever since. His sister, Ibuki, eventually married Andrew Lizar. He is known around the world for being a champion at the God of Fight tournament.

*Andrew Lizar (Laserkid) - Andrew has been with the rebels longer than any other current member save perhaps Gades, and he has been their leader ever since Midnight's death. He's married to Akira's sister, Ibuki, and they have a son named Alex. Andrew possesses a few unique powers, but I'm sure his author will explain them when the story starts up. He recently stepped down as leader of the group in order to take on his new roll as president of the new United Nations, an organization created in response to corruption within the UCPA.

Anwyn Ganymede (Raven2040) - Anwyn is short-tempered mystic with fairly close relations to the Freedom Fighters. He possesses incredible magical abilities.

Cid (none) - See Gades Short

Eddie Watts (Laserkid) - Watts has been with the Rebels as a mechanic I believe for a while now and has never played a very significant role in things, but he'll no doubt be around.

Gades Short (none) - Gades along with Cid and Andrew are the only remaining members of the Rebel team prior to Hunt's reign. He is a pilot and is in possession of a very unique type of plane known as an airship. Only a handful exist in the world. His, Enterprise IV, is used frequently by the Freedom Fighters for transportation. I'll sum up the ships in more detail whenever I introduce it in the main story, but it's basically an airplane that can hover in the sky and when not in
flight can open up on top to form a deck of sorts. He's spent most of carrier working with a fellow named Cid, who was also a part of the Rebels prior to Hunt. Cid himself rather recently commanded an airship known as the Wyvern which was far more impressive than the Enterprise, but it's out of commission at the moment. Cid's currently co-commander
of the Enterprise.

*Glenn Franklin (Shad) - Glenn is currently one of my two main characters. He was an officer in the Ki (see Aekir Cadel) prior to its demise and became a close friend of Shadow and Gades. He carries Shadow's old sword, the Zicron Blade, which possesses amazing power and is closely tied to my sidestory Fragile Infinity. It's in Tinto somewhere if you care to read it. Anyway, Glenn has spent the past few years honing his skills with it, and though he's not as powerful as
Shadow was he's slowly getting there. He competed in the God of Fight tournament in 2009 and 2010 and has been a member of the Freedom Fighters for about three and a half years now.

Ibuki Lizar (Laserkid/Raven2040) - Ibuki is Akira's sister and Andrew's husband. While she used to be a fighter she's now quite devoted to raising their child, Alex.

*Janus Zeal (MagusWX) - Janus is an incredibly powerful magician whose history is relatively unknown prior to his involvement with the Freedom Fighters. He's been a key member of the group since the war against Hunt began in 1999.

Kevin McIan (none) - Kevin is a fairly normal guy whose been working with the Freedom Fighters off and on since around 2005. His character has never played a major role, but he'll probably pop up or at least be mentioned from time to time.

Lydia Zeal (MagusWX) - Lydia is Janus's husband and also has some impressive magical skills. Her history is still slightly obscured.

Marcus Lizar (Laserkid) - Marcus is Andrew's brother and possesses similar powers, though he's not quite as strong. He has more time in the Freedom Fighters than most other characters and might (I need to do some re-reading) actually be taking over command of the whole group as Andrew steps down to lead the UN.

Miwan (Raven2040) - Miwan is a felinefolk warrior known across the globe for winning the God of Fight tournament in 2009. She has the hots for Akira and pops up on a regular basis whenever he's involved.

*Serj Malkane (Shad) - Serj is my other main character and probably the newest member of the Freedom Fighters, not appearing in the story until some time in 2010. He is a very mysterious guy whose entire presence in the group is fairly unknown. While the Freedom Fighters had little reason to trust him from the start he quickly proved himself through both magical prowess and an incredible knowledge of history. He's often consulted when any sort of ancient artifact or
civilization is in question. No one knows why he's been sticking around, but he's taken a particular interest in Glenn's training.

Noteworthy Pre-Established Characters (dead/MIA):

*Aekir Cadel (DaZeldaDude) - Aekir lead the Ki, a TECH faction that immediately rose up after Hunt's demise to try to restore order in the United States. Though the Ki's intentions at this point were fairly pure and they for a time merged with the Freedom Fighters it was eventually uncovered that they themselves had caused Hunt's insanity, using him as an experimental project which got out of their own control. Over time it's found that Aekir too was a project of sorts, and unknown to him he was actually Hunt's son. He ultimately went insane in the same manner as his father and was killed by Akira. His group, the Ki, fell in the public's eyes drastically before his demise as these things became known, but the actual event that destroyed them is shrouded in mystery. There entire base was destroyed in one day leaving only four survivors. (Other former members of the Ki who weren't present may still be alive but know nothing of what happened there.) Two of the survivors later died, leaving only Glenn and a man named Prince who is of no importance to the story at this point. The base's destruction was covered up as a weapons malfunction and the area is quarantined.

Alkasetzer (Alkasetzer) - Setz was one of the founding members of the Rebel group along with Midnight. He's not dead, but he hasn't been seen since 2007 and will probably never return. His name may still be mentioned.

*Dr. Michael Righteous (Laserkid/Raven2040) - I don't honestly know much about this guy because the story that involved him was never finished, but he basically rose to power as a speaker and diplomat thanks to the UCPA and his racist views resulted in the oppression of numerous mystics and felinefolk. His true intentions were a bit more destructive, and when he was defeated by the Freedom Fighters in 2011 (about a year and a half prior to the present story, and the last major event to take place) he managed to annihilate all of Los Angeles in the process. A lot of his actions were blamed on the UCPA, though they were not as a whole involved in or aware of his ultimate plans.

*Hunt Vasci Antoire (DaZeldaDude) - Hunt is the most important character in the history of Midnight Dawn. His role is explained in the History section of the first post in this thread. He is looked upon in pretty much the same light as Adolf Hitler, only he was far more successful and subsequently terrorized the majority of the known world for two to three years before the Freedom Fighters defeated him. His name is practically unavoidable in any historical reference due to his drastic impact upon humanity.

*Mafioso (Mafioso) - Mafioso played a major role in the Freedom Fighters, but he only allied with them for his own personal gain. After issues with Hunt settled down he became better known as an international criminal. The Freedom Fighters were forced to battle against him in 2009 after he assassinated a leader of the UCPA. They won, and though his death was never confirmed it's been generally assumed. He commanded a noteworthy gang of smugglers and thugs known as The Underestimated and owned the fastest airship on the planet prior to his demise.

*Midnight (Midnight900) - Midnight founded and lead the Freedom Fighters up until his demise in 2007. He'll always be remembered by the entire world as a hero.

*Shadow (Shad) - Shadow first showed up in 1997 and fought with the Freedom Fighters off and on until his death in 2009. His history is very convoluted and most of the Freedom Fighters knew little about him. He was fairly close friends with Gades and Glenn, but neither of them know much about his past. He had amazing physical abilities in combat and through his sword, the Zicron Blade, could channel very powerful magic spells. Without the sword his magic was weak, but he could still fight. Glenn inherited the sword after his death.

Soljin Deimos (Raven2040) - Soljin was the leader of the mystics at one point and very power hungry. Akira defeated him, but during the conflict almost every mystic on the planet was sacrificed to the dark god Maram. He ultimately sacrificed himself as well... I think. This portion of the story isn't really known to me, but did not involve most of the current cast.

Vera Leart (Raven2040/DaZeldaDude) - Vera played a key role in overthrowing Hunt and was incredibly close to Akira. She died at the hands of Soljin in the story Until It Sleeps. Her name could possibly pop up in reference.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: NDR: Backstory and Information Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Code:
Fuji added a new bb code so we can stylize our posts a bit! By using [p] at the beginning of a paragraph and [/p] at the end, you'll produce the effect of having hit the tab key.

This is an example of normal text. I hit the space bar at the beginning five times, but you can't tell.

[p:26hism3a]This is an example of using the new bb code. It will require a little bit of extra work when you write of course, and you're not required to use it, but for those who wish to it'll make things easier to read. Presentation points! I hope you guys like it. You can also generate the code by clicking "p" in the row at the top of the edit box.[/p:26hism3a]
JasonPaul

66249 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some people wanted some info on the Mystics and Felinefolk, so I decided to help Shad out and post a history.

CONCERNING MYSTICS

BIOLOGICAL DIFFERENCES

Mystics have noticeably pale skin and usually (but not always) red eyes. Despite these differences, they can very easily pass as humans with little or no effort. The primary biological difference between humans and Mystics is their blood. Mystic blood contains cobalt, rather than iron, which causes the blood to appear a bright blue color.

Mystics have not been known to cross-breed with humans, and all attempts to create such a hybrid have proven ineffective. They can breed with felinefolk, however. The result of this cross-breed is always a felinefolk.

Mystics are extremely skilled with magic. While humans have been known to dabble in it, very few humans can ever reach the level of a skilled Mystic.

BACKGROUND

At present we are not entirely certain where the beings known to the world as “Mystics” come from. We know that they have been living under the earth for centuries, but it is not known how they evolved differently from humans. There are varying theories to their origin. Some claim that they are a race from a distant world that was forced underground by the humans. Others say that they may be an offshoot of the same ancient race that produced Andrew Lizar. Whatever their origin, the Mystics themselves seem to remember very little about it.

The current Mystic empress, Silf Luna-Belexes (pronounced BEH-le-hes), has done as much as she could to clarify the history of Mystics. Although she does not know their most ancient history, the race had, at one time, harbored a deep hatred of humans and other surface dwellers, although no one seems to remember the reason. It has long been prophesized that one day the Mystics will return to the surface and claim it as their own once again (suggesting that Mystics may at one time have lived on the surface). However, recent events have made this prophecy meaningless.

The Mystics had remained hidden from the public eye for centuries until recently, when the former Mystic emperor Soljin Deimos came to power. Although the promised time of the Mystics’ return to the surface was not to be for at least another five hundred years, once Soljin learned that much of the world had been wiped out due to the Hunt Virus, he thought himself powerful enough to conquer the surface immediately. To do this, he believed, he would require the aid of a great power named Maram the Firelord, a demigod worshipped at one time by the Mystics. Soljin’s influence and natural charisma made him very popular among the Mystics. In addition, Soljin possessed a powerful artifact called the “Mobius Bracelet”, which he believed to be the key to bringing the Firelord into this world.

However, for unknown reasons, Soljin would betray his own people. He became obsessed with Maram and the Mobius Bracelet, and sought only to reign as a god over human and Mystic alike. He singlehandedly slaughtered one-third of the Mystic population as a sacrifice to Maram, and abandoned the remaining Mystics underground as he went his own way. Eventually Soljin was defeated by Midnight, but not without great loss.

With Soljin gone, the Mystics remained in hiding for a time, until Silf Luna-Belexes was found to be the rightful heir to the Mystic empire. She wanted to bring the Mystics out of hiding and into the world, and asked the UPCA for an opportunity to build in a part of the northeastern area of North America, which was now uninhabited due to the Hunt Virus. Since Silf was a close friend of Midnight, who had powerful ties to the UPCA, this request was granted fairly easily, and the Mystics now live peacefully in a new nation that they have christened “New Belexes”. The Mystics, realizing that they had been manipulated by Soljin, no longer sought vengeance against the humans, and aside from recent friction with the UPCA (being controlled by Dr. Righteous at the time), the Mystics coexist with humans peacefully now.

NOTABLE MYSTICS

Silf Luna-Belexes - The current Mystic empress. Kind and gentle, yet also pragmatic and shrewd, she has led the Mystics to a new era of prosperity. She was a member of the resistance for a brief moment, and became Midnight’s lover at this time. Since Midnight’s death, Silf has dedicated herself to restoring the Mystic empire to one of nobility after Soljin’s madness.

Anwyn Ganymede - One of the most powerful mages alive today, Anwyn was once a servant of Soljin in the emperor’s youth, but left for the surface some time after Soljin acquired the Mobius Bracelet. He helped Midnight to defeat Soljin long ago, and has helped the resistance ever since. Currently he teaches magic to Mystics and humans alike in New Belexes.

Khali Ventrue - Former consort of Soljin. When Soljin made preparations to conquer the surface, Khali was traveling with the felinefolk Miwan on a coming of age journey. She returned to find Soljin dead, and vowed revenge ever since. However, after learning the circumstances of Soljin’s death, she changed her ways. Her whereabouts are currently unknown, although it’s rumored she’s living as a hermit somewhere in Europe.

CONCERNING FELINEFOLK

BIOLOGICAL DIFFERENCES

Felinefolk look much like feral humans with feline ears, teeth, eyes, and a tail. They can pass for humans with some effort, although the eyes are always a give-away.

BACKGROUND

Unlike Mystics, we have some idea where felinefolk originated. They have been restricted to a number of small islands, mostly in the southern Atlantic Ocean. They were first discovered by Midnight several years ago and most prefer to keep to themselves. However, a few felinefolk are the adventurous type, and occasionally they can be found in more civilized places of the world.

It had long been believed that felinefolk were only women. However, recent discoveries have come to light that reveal that male felinefolk do, in fact, exist. Women, however, outnumber men approximately twenty to one, and it is even rarer (if not impossible) to find a male felinefolk outside of their home.

There is very little about felinefolk history that is relevant. However, the largest tribe, Kendou, is notable for two reasons. First, the most famous felinefolk, Miwan, is a member of this tribe. Also, Midnight’s sword, Ragnarok, was given to him as a gift from the Kendou matriarch Xian Li (although it was cursed, she did not realize this).

NOTABLE FELINEFOLK

Miwan Kusanagi - The former bodyguard of Khali Ventrue and wife of Akira Kusanagi. She befriended Midnight and the resistance after being stranded on Kendou island. Her actual name “Mi Wang” means “child of shame”, and she prefers to be called Miwan. She is notable for her cheerful personality (a contrast to Akira’s cold nature), and her two swords, Rahu, the Devourer; and Ketu, the Destroyer. She was a recent winner of the God of Fight tournament, however her victory was marred by her capture by the UPCA for a murder she didn’t commit. She was released after Dr. Righteous and the UPCA fell out of public favor. After the mysterious disappearance of her husband, she herself has vanished, apparently in search of him.
laserkid

25414 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's a nice bit of information on Lizarians, in case someone wanted to play as one, they have the whole near extinct alien race that keeps finding survivors here and there appeal, so anyones welcome to join in the fun :)

General Information:

Lizarians are a rare Alien species in the modern world. Their home world Lizar was destroyed during the TECH era under Hunt Vasci Antoire’s reign. The exact way the planet was destroyed is shrouded in mystery, but it is believed by the planets survivors to have been caused, albeit inadvertently by the appearance of Hunt, during a time where the demonic presence of the Lizarian Dark Energy known as Norimano was at its peak. Currently only four known survivors exist. Two of whom were instrumental in the end of the Techorp’s fall, under leadership of Midnight. One of the others is a rogue and has caused numerous problems and murders intentionally. The last of whom appeared briefly on Earth during the last major crisis, but has since departed to parts unknown. Lizarians have the unique ability to create and from an elemental force from any element, including light, water, ice, fire, electricity, wind, earth, or darkness. The ability extends beyond just simple control though. They can also create these forces at will, as well as become them. While only four survivors exist, due to species compatibility there is also a half human and half Lizarian child that exists. The easiest way to spot a purebred Lizarian is to notice that where the whites of human eyes are, in Lizarians finds a light blue tint.

Andrew Lizar

Was once the leader of the “resistance” group created by the late Midnight. He is usually cool tempered but has been known to be dangerous when angry. He is an effective leader as demonstrated by his leading the rebel group to victory over his former friend and mob boss The Infamous Mafioso. Andrew is known to be reasonable, but has the tendency to over speak his mind. Extreme caution is advised when confronting him in anger. The Techorp altered his abilities in its brief experiments on Andrew, this may explain his occasional temper. Andrew is extremely powerful, using the element of light, his mastery of this element is so great that his blasts of light which take the form of lasers are very large in comparison to most Lizarian light masters. This is in part due to his being born a chosen one, which has often led him afoul with the powers of Norimano, called “The Warrior of Light”. He was prophesized, and by now has indeed faced the Dark God Norimano, source of the dark energies of Lizar, and come out triumphant. This victory was not without cost however, as he exited that battle drained of age, as he now appears to be in his late 50s, though he is only in his 30s. Currently raising his young son, Alex, with his wife Ibuki, and was recently voted president of the new United Nations initiative.

Marcus Lizar

Brother to Andrew Lizar, his abilities are not as perfected as Andrew’s but has exceptional aim. This man is very docile and does not posses a temper like his brother. Whatever you do though, do not underestimate this member of the resistance group. He is a passionate fighter when he fights for a cause he believes in. Infrequently has been in and out of the rebel group. He has been known to team up with Eddie Watts to become the technical wizard of the resistance. Not much else is known about this survivor of Lizar, but like his brother the Techorp had altered his abilities slightly.

Alexander Lizar

Half breed son of Andrew Lizar, and Ibuki, Alexander Lizar, Alex for short, is a six year old prodigy. Like his uncle Alex is extremely skilled with technology, and is eager to be around such. Alex, unlike his father or uncle has the element of ice at his disposal. In the past this has been shown in great detail, as a possible future of Alex travelled back in time in order to stop an apocalyptic future. This version of Alex has since passed away. Alex of the current timeline is extremely inquisitive, curious, and slightly rambunctious.

Norimano

Norimano is the name of the dark god of the evil energy from the Planet Lizar. However, this individual decided to rename himself in this way, due to his use of this power. His evil is unmeasurable, but has seen its limits when he aided the Rebels against Aphex. He is the father to Andrew, however due to his turn to evil, he is not the father of the later conceived Marcus by the same mother. After the recent cataclysm with the Dark God, the dark powers, as well as his name for himself were cleansed, and he left the Earth with Keji.

Kenji

Kenji is the uncle to Andrew, and older brother to Norimano. He appeared briefly before the cataclysm with the Dark God Norimano due to receiving energy readings on Andrew and Norimano’s fights. He left for parts unknown with his brother after this event, wishing to pass the torch onto the next generation.

On Norimano Energy:

Due to the fact that an actual character is NAMED Norimano, another the Dark God Norimano, and also an energy by this name I will try to explain it here since it is complicated. Norimano energy is the darkness of the heart unchained; its effect is to remove the ability to resist dark urges, in so doing effectively creating a vile creature from even an otherwise saintly person. Such was the case with Christopher, the father of Andrew, who when exposed deeply by the dark energy, in order to save his wife, became a dark and terrible creature. The Dark God Norimano is the source of this energy and is a celestial being originating from the planet Lizar. As a celestial being he has the yin to his yang in the legendary chosen one “The Warrior of Light” which is fabled to be born once for every generation of Lizarians. The wishes of the Dark God Norimano, like most celestial beings is difficult to comprehend. As a being of evil, it can easily be inferred its desires are not good. It has been said the effects of Norimano energy can vary depending on both species and individual. It is NOT a get a villain free card, as to succumb to it is all dependant on will power and desire for good. For some a mere touch could kill them, for others it may take hours of exposure to corrupt. Only one thing is certain, the energy WILL have an adverse affect on whomever it touches in one way or another. It can never be destroyed, as it is a representation of evil itself, it can only be beaten back, as it was in a recent cataclysmic event wherein a Lizarian ship that had contained the Dark God landed in Los Angeles, and was beaten back by a combined power of the rebels, Andrew Lizar, and the ghostly spirits of the Lizarian dead.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NDR: Chapter 10 Part 2 - A New Approach

by Shad on Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:18 pm
As of post 077 the group now has a mystery to unravel, and the fate of tens of thousands hangs in the balance. I intend to keep the remainder of this story just as much a mystery for the authors as for the characters. I'll be making no more musing posts by the NPCs reflecting their true feelings. They will only be revealed through public dialogue and cautious interviews. If you wish to have your character meet with say, Karn Tzimisces, I'll be more than willing to contribute their responses to your post. It's up to all of you to get to the bottom of this. So Midnight Dawn, whodunit?
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For post-by-post recounts see below, only available for select chapters:

[url=http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=191&am p;t=32675:1qettjom]Complete Chapter 4 Story Synopsis[/url:1qettjom]
[url=http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=191&am p;t=32676:1qettjom]Complete Chapter 5 Story Synopsis[/url:1qettjom]
[url=http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=191&am p;t=32679:1qettjom]Complete Chapter 6 Story Synopsis[/url:1qettjom]
[url=http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=191&am p;t=32677:1qettjom]Complete Chapter Z Story Synopsis[/url:1qettjom]
[url=http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=191&am p;t=32331:1qettjom]Complete Chapter 10 Story Synopsis[/url:1qettjom]
[url=http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=191&am p;t=32678:1qettjom]Ongoing Chapter 11 Story Synopsis[/url:1qettjom]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: