Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

*SPOILERS* Ways to Blend Tierkreis lore into VI
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archpark

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: *SPOILERS* Ways to Blend Tierkreis lore into VI Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Obviously one of the major disappointments is that Tierkreis didn't take place in the normal Suikoden world, but that doesn't necessarily mean all it brought to the Suikoden lore is useless or without place in the normal series.

What are some ways you think they can blend some of the Tierkreis lore into the old world? How can chronicles by implemented? Maybe the lineage of the scribes having some kind of foothold in the old world... what do you guys think? Any ideas to salvage?
Mikltov

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: *SPOILERS* Ways to Blend Tierkreis lore into VI Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've made a French file about links which can connect Tierkreis to the original Saga.
Curiously, I found five points, the first one from mere speculation to the Marks of the Star system

- Harmonia and the One True Way = Same thing ?
Some points of the One True Way are really troubling with Harmonia. Both theocratic country / organisation, have a cast system (more speculative with the One True Way, but with the child in the item shop, it can be supposed), the Circle Rune and the Order's device "One World, One Futur" and the Cynas world of knowledge, as for the Temple in Harmonia.

- Tales of the 108 stars between all worlds.
Zenoa tells you that the One King and the 108 Stars of Destiny exist in all world... But she'll only say that if you succeed to cat... gather them all.

- The One King
The One King and the Absolute One ? Can they be the same being or have they the same purpose ?

- The gateways... A link with other characters
Gateways is an important point in Suikoden Tierkreis. They connect world each other. In the end, we understand that a character can still travel throught gateways.
[spoiler:32yxvqmz]Even if the One King is dead and don't allow to travel throught gateways, a character can doi it. It's Diadora with her Chronicles.[/spoiler:32yxvqmz]
But, two original characters can also do it... Big and Little Viki.

- Trues Runes = Chronicles
Or, how can to connect the True Runes' Myth of Creation with Chronicles.

Sorry, my battery is going low right now. I'll detail this later. :)
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why would you want to tarnish the original world like that? Keep them seperate. If they start twisting the originals story to encompass Hikusaak trying to summon the One King I'm going to kill someone.
Archpark

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: *SPOILERS* Ways to Blend Tierkreis lore into VI Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally I don't think some of the concepts in Tierkreis entirely sully the greatness of the old world. The One True Way and Harmonia connection had sorta occurred to me actually prior to making this, but it would make Hikusaak's history cloudier so I'm not sure. I do think that the discovery of the old world's chronicle for some purpose would be interesting.

Portals closing, yeah - in Tierkreis in concerned me at first because I was like, "Oh they just want a new story each time," but after I thought about it more it actually seems sorta hopeful just because they can't be going on and on about the infinity if a world is closed off, but it's like you said - there are people and situations that arise in which portals open. Viki and young Viki yeah, but also Yuber, Windy, Leknaat and the situation with Yohn and Kyril.

I do think the scribe lineage would be something interesting as well as something concrete that connects people like Zenoa, Zerase and even Fuken.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: *SPOILERS* Ways to Blend Tierkreis lore into VI Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Mikltov":1urybou3]- The gateways... A link with other characters
Gateways is an important point in Suikoden Tierkreis. They connect world each other. In the end, we understand that a character can still travel throught gateways.
[spoiler:1urybou3]Even if the One King is dead and don't allow to travel throught gateways, a character can doi it. It's Diadora with her Chronicles.[/spoiler:1urybou3]

[spoiler:1urybou3]The game never states that Diadora can still travel between worlds of the Infinity, only that she can still open Gateways. At the end of the game, they discover that travel between worlds is no longer possible in the Corridor. Diadora's ending only mentions her using Gateways to hop around the current world to help out anywhere she is needed. It is, however, suggested that Zenoa may know how to travel between worlds sans Gateway.[/spoiler:1urybou3]

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Archpark":1btj7f6i]Personally I don't think some of the concepts in Tierkreis entirely sully the greatness of the old world.
The problem with the order of one true way is that they are too absurd, Tierkreis is too much a dark/light game. I would expect Harmonia to be in a more gray area.
This order was basicaly based on Harmonia, that's it. I am sure they didnt intend to make the games related. For now at least.

[quote="Raww Le Klueze":1btj7f6i]Why would you want to tarnish the original world like that? Keep them seperate. If they start twisting the originals story to encompass Hikusaak trying to summon the One King I'm going to kill someone. If they do that, I sincerely prefer to end the series now and let it without any end. Back to top
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would think more along the lines of, Hikusaak would be the main world's One King, if that were the case, but I would rather they not use the One King/Chronicles bit in the main world. It seems two different paths for a world to take. Not to mention, Luc suggested that the True Runes move from world to world.

jowy220

Location: highland royal plaza (sleeping in the bed with jilia)
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think that the gateways will have an important role in future suiko games.
i think i have seen in a site (i think!!)that konami wanted to test this idea of gateways,and i think it a good idea,and we still want to see a time gateway
Templeton

186895 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: *SPOILERS* Ways to Blend Tierkreis lore into VI Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

May I ask for a map of the Tierkries region? please.

Ever since I heard that the game is not related to the main series I had to resort to plan "b" which is to create a map of the two worlds together.

Personally I find this rather interesting because fan fiction writers and map makers have a base to work with which can see a place such as Tierkries be made into one of the main worlds spare continents, or Niagarea, or the Nameless Lands etc.

If someone would introduce me to a map of this world I can do my magic and make things all better, then we can work on story incorporations.

Thanks for your time.

Ryan.
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Rezard":209em17m][quote="Archpark":209em17m ]Personally I don't think some of the concepts in Tierkreis entirely sully the greatness of the old world.
The problem with the order of one true way is that they are too absurd, Tierkreis is too much a dark/light game. I would expect Harmonia to be in a more gray area.
This order was basicaly based on Harmonia, that's it. I am sure they didnt intend to make the games related. For now at least.

[quote="Raww Le Klueze":209em17m]Why would you want to tarnish the original world like that? Keep them seperate. If they start twisting the originals story to encompass Hikusaak trying to summon the One King I'm going to kill someone. If they do that, I sincerely prefer to end the series now and let it without any end.

Great the crybabies are here.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Great the crybabies are here.

Yeah, you definatly needed to respond three months after the fact to share that piece of priceless information.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's interesting how the Suikoden I-V world was reduced to only one among the many million others out there, alongside Tierkreis' own 13 worlds and others like the World of Wings and Scales, in the setting section of the new encyclopaedia.

Not exactly encouraging now, is it?
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be nice if they kept the main stories seperate (i.e. Suikoden XX), while also keeping the Tierkreis universe seperate (Suikoden Tierkreis XX), and then perhaps used a new moniker for spinoffs in different worlds (Suikoden Chronicles XX). Though some most people don't like the new world setting, it would be a nice way to give us plenty of Suikoden goodness (I'm using the word lightly, of course).

Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's nothing good about Tierkreisverse... I'd rather have a "Pesmerga Battles the Radioactive Space Barbies" game than another ANYTHING relating to the Tierkreisverse.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tierkreis wasn't really all that bad. It just wasn't the Suikoden we all know and love.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: