Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

DSi Who's getting one?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: DSi Who's getting one? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I preordered, will likely only have the money for one and I already made plans to get it on my way home Sat night/Sun morning, looking forward to playing the rest of Tierkreis on a slightly larger screen.
Darkbeat

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am! :mrgreen: I'm way more excited about it than I should be though, it's not really going to be much different than fat/lite. Still it's going to be Day One and in this order: Replay Tierkreis from scratch >>> Replay all Ace Attorney games in order >>> Repeat
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Today I bought a DSi and Suikoden Tierkreis (it's my first DS). Can't wait to play the game. :-)
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems like cool technology, but the fact that it doesn't play GBA games detracts a bit for me. I'll probably just stick with my good ol' original DS.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just got it, pulled it out, went through the start up, setup connection, downloaded browser... So this DS is finally able to play music files but it still doesn't do video?
Darkbeat

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: DSi Who's getting one? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tierkreis plays a gem on it. For a start it's really freaking loud, like almost fat-ds loud. The D-Pad is much easier to use, a vast improvement. I swear the larger screen is noticible and the pixels seem smoother and clearer overall. Best of all, the matte finish is comfy and stops dirt/fingerprints showing.

Would agree it's inability to play video is a bit of a downer, that aside I'm really pleased with the DSi and it was definitely worth the purchase.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm thinking/planning to get one....(My DS Lite's L button is busted ._. )

But I don't really like the starting colors....Probably gonna wait till they have a promotional colored/additional colored DSi...or it comes in a nice irresistable [game+Dsi+etc] bundle pack thing.........but for now....I'll manage with my DS Lite (and borrow my mom's DS Lite for games that need the L button...hahah....she never uses hers except on long trips anyway)

How's the camera though? Can the pictures it take be easily uploaded into computers and/or the Wii?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
blah1017

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: DSi Who's getting one? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably wont be getting one. My DS Lite is fine, and this upgrade seems trivial at best.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
How's the camera though? Can the pictures it take be easily uploaded into computers and/or the Wii?

They are okay, the pictures it took looks just as good or better than those taken by my friend's G1 phone, but they aren't very clear and there's no zoom, there are 2 cameras but it's not like they can work together in someway. The system starts off with enough build in memory to last a while since there's no need to save game files on the system, and all the music files plays off of the SD card. There are no connections from the system directly to a pc, so I assume one can transfer the pictures to the SD card and then pull them out on a pc or wii, maybe, I haven't checked for sure.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="jjrrs":1olt4xfz]
Quote:

They are okay, the pictures it took looks just as good or better than those taken by my friend's G1 phone, but they aren't very clear and there's no zoom, there are 2 cameras but it's not like they can work together in someway. The system starts off with enough build in memory to last a while since there's no need to save game files on the system, and all the music files plays off of the SD card. There are no connections from the system directly to a pc, so I assume one can transfer the pictures to the SD card and then pull them out on a pc or wii, maybe, I haven't checked for sure.

I see...I figured would be by SD card...(does that mean it comes with an SD card by default?)
but no zoom huh....even my crummy camera cell had some sort of zoom on it....((I just don't have the blasted cable that you need to transfer camera cell pics to the comp ;-; ))
Oh well....kinda sound's like it's better img than the quality of my webcam though...which is good enough for me

wait...so "music plays off of SD card"...you mean you can transfer your own MP3 files onto to the SD card? =o
Ohhhh that sounds simple...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
...(does that mean it comes with an SD card by default?)

Nope, the system counts memory by "blocks" which I think the wii does too, and it has some existing memory like the wii, I downloaded the internet browser before I messed with the cameras, and I think after that it said I could still take over 60 photos on the system without additional memory card. As far as I've seen, everything default to save to the system memory like the wii, I'd think there should be options to make the SD card into the primary save location but I never tried to change that on either system yet, since memory have never been a problem for me on both systems.

In terms of the picture quality, it looks sharper with brighter colors than most cell phone cameras but it also seem to use very large pixels on the screen, I don't know if that's an issue with the DS screen or if it's the cameras.

Quote:
wait...so "music plays off of SD card"...you mean you can transfer your own MP3 files onto to the SD card? =o
Ohhhh that sounds simple...

No, it's not simple at all, the system only plays aac files and doesn't read any mp3 files, so I had to convert songs in itunes first before putting them on the sd card, even then some of the songs still isn't showing up to be played. The music player does let you mess with the songs just like the picture program lets you alter your photos, it was neat to turn up the pitch making U2 songs sound like they are sang by a girl (which is not bad) or crank it way up to have every song sang in chipmunk voice, and lowered way down to make it sound like the cookie monster is singing them, tracks can also be speeded up, slowed down, and add on different filters... though that was only fun for like a hour or two.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

aac? bummer....way to pick a not-as-widely-used-as-mp3 format....er...yeaaahh.... xD;;;;
Well...at least it's not a "you can only play the songs that we the company provide" service that I've heard other things use before.

Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seems like a big waste of money. If you don't already have a DS that's one thing, but I'm not gonna fork out $160 for one when I have a DS that does everything I need it to. It plays games. If I want pictures, I have a camera that's vastly superior to any sort of built in device.

~Uguu!~
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Sailor Sexy":1ozcveg0]Seems like a big waste of money. If you don't already have a DS that's one thing, but I'm not gonna fork out $160 for one when I have a DS that does everything I need it to. It plays games. If I want pictures, I have a camera that's vastly superior to any sort of built in device.

I feel the same way. It's nice that the DS has all those functions, but at the same time I find them unnecessary for me. I don't even use my PSP for the other stuff.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So is a DSi worth it? Finally have the spare cash to buy something, and since Wii, PS3 and Xbox don't have any games I'm too interested in at least that would make me buy them.. I'm going for a DS and Tierkries.

With that said what's the difference between the new DSi and the old stuff?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: