Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tactics question

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icegryphon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Suikoden Tactics question Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was wondering about runes. I JUST started the game (so please no spoilers) but I have the three you start with (Kyril, Andarc and Seneca) and then I got Rita. But it seems like the only person I can equip magic runes on is Andarc. But Rita has INSANE magic...why can't I equip her with magical runes? Is there something I have to do in order to equip them or can she just never equip magic runes?
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tactics splits the characters into magical and physical types. Only mages can use magic type runes. Which is like fire, rage, water, earth, thunder and the like. The rest are physical fighters and can use command runes. Swallow, Falcon, Viper, etc..

Pretty sure Rita is a physical fighter. Hence why she can't use magic runes. Not entirely sure but command runes might use the magic stat as well so her stats might not go to waste. Or I could be wrong and it's her way of laughing in your face.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Icegryphon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well she was a total mage in Suiko4. She was a fairly strong (physically) mage, but she was a mage nevertheless. And in this game her magic is nearly twice that of the actual mage (andarc). So yeah...sucks you can't use magic with her. I'd put a water rune on her so she could heal my guys at least. Oh well.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Her magic starts to suck past a certain level and Andarc will easily overtake her. Magic stat is factored into the Magic Sword Level 3 damage, so the physical fighters' magic stats aren't a complete waste.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: