Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

(MAJOR SPOILER) finished the game - One King and Chronicles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiante

Dragon Rider Regiment #9

244827 Potch
95 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I couldn't remember.

But the look-alike in the Shining Legacy and the Look-alike in the others don't seem very similar to me. They're dressed kind of similar, but the one from the others seems bigger, has longer hair, seems more muscular, and his face (what little we see of it) doesn't look the same. I think THAT must have been his father, and the other one must have been an alternate him. Probably that alternate him hadn't been separated from his father, cause he wore the same blue cape ensemble.

"The heart may be weak. And sometimes it may even give in. But I’ve learned that deep down, there’s a light that never goes out!" ~Sora
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

then again...the vision from the Shining Legacy was from an "animated clip" and the visions from all the other books were....well......not.
On top of that....drawn in a different style.......

though irregardless of that.....it's still can be arguable point I admit....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Kiante":vba6rhdc]Either that, or he became Tenkai in like 12 worlds and lost in each of them.

I am pretty certain that one of the prerequisites to merge a world is to have all the Starbearers in said world fall, so I really doubt this scenario.

[quote="Kiante":vba6rhdc]But the look-alike in the Shining Legacy and the Look-alike in the others don't seem very similar to me. They're dressed kind of similar, but the one from the others seems bigger, has longer hair, seems more muscular, and his face (what little we see of it) doesn't look the same.

That, and one of them is clearly female, even though wearing the same blue armor.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But is it maybe that the man we saw in the shining legacy (we assumed he's the hero's father), is the same person that Atrie was talking about? Though it's a bit weird that the man in the vision doesn't look like someone who had a 15 years old kid (and kinda impossible if he's still had lived longer to be Atrie's friend after being defeated by the one king -that seems to be happened after the vision we saw from the shining legacy since the world was fused to the hero's world then-)...
Pinaco

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="kyura":3u4cot2h]But is it maybe that the man we saw in the shining legacy (we assumed he's the hero's father), is the same person that Atrie was talking about? Though it's a bit weird that the man in the vision doesn't look like someone who had a 15 years old kid (and kinda impossible if he's still had lived longer to be Atrie's friend after being defeated by the one king -that seems to be happened after the vision we saw from the shining legacy since the world was fused to the hero's world then-)...

well, it's just my theory, but i guess the flow of time could be different as well. maybe on the shining legacy's vision, the hero-lookalike's kid (if he has a kid) was only a baby, or a little kid, and that time, he is still a young man, but probably older than our hero.
i mean, maybe one year (or less) on the world of the shining legacy is an equal as 15 years on the world of tierkreis.
or maybe, there's some kind of time teleportation? :? Here's an example:
[url=http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=exa.j pg:3u4cot2h][/url:3u4cot2h]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/img151/exa.jpg/1/:3u4cot2h] [/url:3u4cot2h]

by the way, on these pictures, you can see the difference between the hero and the hero-lookalike. the hero looks a lot younger than the one on the chronicle of shining legacy.
[url:3u4cot2h]http://www.dokuganryu.com/scans/suiko/suikot/ 192.jpg[/url:3u4cot2h]
[url:3u4cot2h]http://www.dokuganryu.com/scans/suiko/suikot/ 33.jpg[/url:3u4cot2h]
Pinaco

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

woops, sorry, i made the wrong diagram >_<
it should be like this : [B2]---timeportation--->[A1]
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Pinaco":znk5g41n]well, it's just my theory, but i guess the flow of time could be different as well. maybe on the shining legacy's vision, the hero-lookalike's kid (if he has a kid) was only a baby, or a little kid, and that time, he is still a young man, but probably older than our hero.
i mean, maybe one year (or less) on the world of the shining legacy is an equal as 15 years on the world of tierkreis.
or maybe, there's some kind of time teleportation?

I am actually more leaning towards a hypothetical lack of coordination in animation, considering the concept art depicts much more mature people.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well.. Yeah... Those two are make sense...
But I kinda wondering that Atrie said about the friend he was looking for, had a boy who was at the same age as Atrie, and treat Atrie like his son..
So I think that indicate this guy lived longer enough to still meet Atrie (assumed it) not too long ago before Atrie meet our hero. It's kinda like a differrent person with the hero in the shining legacy (though this guy in the shining legacy still probably our hero's father). And even the concept art seemed older than in the game, it didn't show a guy who had a (kinda) 13-15 year old son like Atrie..
That's what I think..

Last edited by kyura on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiante

Dragon Rider Regiment #9

244827 Potch
95 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps you're looking at things the wrong way. Remember, in these societys, for all we know, they could get married and have children really young, maybe even 13 or so. You never know.

"The heart may be weak. And sometimes it may even give in. But I’ve learned that deep down, there’s a light that never goes out!" ~Sora
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We can't assume the "visions" that the Chronicles show us happened in the near past. They could be from long long ago for all we know...

As for the Shining Legacy vision specifically.......I also agree with McDuck that the "youngness" of the characters in that scene specifically is misleading as the original artwork of those said characters are more older/mature than they appear in that animated vision...........

Perhaps in the same way Sasarai's art in Suikoden 2 is somewhat misleading....(at least it was to me)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kyura

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well... I kinda wondering too much and finaly dropped the wrong words.. --' (sorry)
what i mean is that: weren't this Atrie's friend and the hero in the shining legacy are kinda like two differrent persons? Because what i though from Atrie's words, the guy should lived long enough to the age of 40 - 50 to still meet Atrie just before Atrie meet our hero, i think it's a different person with the hero we saw in the shining legacy. But yeah, i think there're still possibilities if the hero in the shinning legacy is our hero's father. And if they could have kids at 13, maybe this two person could be a same one person.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I understand what you said kyura...and I shall elaborate on what I meant to say....

FIRST OF ALL.........Atrie never mentioned he was looking for a "young" dude....he just says "a man with blue armor and silver hair" or something like that......
so if, for the sake of arguement, I assume Atrie's friend = Shining Legacy Hero.........the "vision" may or may not be the actual moment that the "Shining Legacy Hero" is killed/defeated by One King.

Heck, even the Hero (that we controlled) faced off against the One King twice. Why then is it not possible that the Shining Legacy Hero faced off against the One King...retreated for a few years then get killed by One King several years later? (It's a little weird to imagine I guess....but hey, I think it could still happen...) And so...the vision we see from the Chronicle is the "first encounter"

SECONDLY.........Atrie also never mentioned when he first met this "man that he is looking for"...........so for all we know Atrie might've first met him when he was 7 years old or something.

LASTLY.............not even the official artbook AND character guide says how old Atrie actually is...
Despite the fact he mentioned that "the dude's son would be around his age right about now"...[the translation might've been inaccurate and/or Atrie was being misleading]........For all we know he may actually be ALOT older than the Hero but he has a "young face" or other reason....
((if you want to mix in mainstream Suikoden lore...one could even argue he's a True Rune Bearer and does not age))

Everything can only be speculated though......

Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Ikano":1rxqg0vk][quote="Kiante":1rxqg0vk]He re's my two-bits;

I think in the prologue, the ones that look like Hero, Liu, Jale, Marica, Cougar (against a pillar) and apparently Ouragan were simply their counterparts from another world (remember that there can be many alternate versions of people in other worlds, there can also be different people being the stars or totally different worlds with no one the same). So, they all probably died. Of course, that would mean their world was merged with another, but what? Was it merged with the world in Tierkreis? Or another? ...Did we ever see this vision from a chronicle? Or was it just the prologue? I don't remember.

But the one in the vision of the Shining LEgacy I think must be Hero's father. The ones from other chronicles must have been other-world versions of him. Either that, or he became Tenkai in like 12 worlds and lost in each of them.

The clip we saw in the prologue WAS the vision from the Shining Legacy (first book)
....it's just the game didn't want to replay the whole clip again (cuz it would've felt repetitive to us--the players--)
so it just did a fast-forward...when the in-game characters see it

But I do believe the "Hero-lookalike" depicted in the Shining Legacy vision/Prologue IS MOST likely his father...
.....it's the look-alike in several other books that has me wondering if they're possibly him or not...

It's not Seig's father.

Remember, these are chronicles that are from dead worlds. Shining Legacy was discovered in a ruin that just magically appeared while Seig was a teenager. That leads to the notion that the Stars of Promise from that world all died atleat a month before the merger. Which rules out his father, since it being an alternate reality, it was Seig?. An alternate version of it.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Jhones":333p26hv]It's not Seig's father.

Remember, these are chronicles that are from dead worlds. Shining Legacy was discovered in a ruin that just magically appeared while Seig was a teenager. That leads to the notion that the Stars of Promise from that world all died atleat a month before the merger. Which rules out his father, since it being an alternate reality, it was Seig?. An alternate version of it.

:? Could you rephrase this? I'm having a hard time understanding what your line of thought here is. I mean the events of the game, I thought the game made it pretty clear that the merges occured pretty much the moment the One King won. And of course it was an alternate reality.....I don't see how that discredits the notion that it was the main character's father though.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Kiante

Dragon Rider Regiment #9

244827 Potch
95 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Ranadiel":qh7i2mfx][quote="Jhones":qh7i2mfx ]It's not Seig's father.

:? Could you rephrase this? I'm having a hard time understanding what your line of thought here is. I mean the events of the game, I thought the game made it pretty clear that the merges occured pretty much the moment the One King won. And of course it was an alternate reality.....I don't see how that discredits the notion that it was the main character's father though.

Yeah, what he said. In case you didn't know, the Hero was FROM another world.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: