Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What happened to Suikosource?!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runemaster013

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: What happened to Suikosource?! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it just me? Or are all of us having trouble accessing the site? Visiting it just gives me a virus-rich-looking website with PSP downloads and such. I've tried the other Suikosource links too but I still am unsuccessful.

Does anybody know what happened there?

Thanks a lot! :D
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No problems here.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, no problems getting to [url:1zopykzl]http://www.suikosource.com/[/url:1zopykzl].
Runemaster013

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Ujitsuna":1pvvifyu]Nope, no problems getting to [url:1pvvifyu]http://www.suikosource.com/[/url:1pvvifyu].

Whoah.. Clicking the link you gave me made my problem be solved. What just happened???

Thanks, anyway! Sorry for the trouble! :D :D :D
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably because you were tossed into a parallel universe where Suikosource didn't exist...

Actually, early Thursday suikosource.com's domain expired, which briefly tossed suikosourece into internet limbo.
A number of people quickly scrambled to get a hold of HowlingGuild, and the site was restored within a few hours.
MiKeMiTchi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He's right. Suikosource did have problems.
But now, it is up again, so no worries. :)
Korgeta

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to Suikosource?! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes its good to see suikosource is around...too bad they decided to commit the site news to convert a fact based site to a cheap advert contest, celebrating a game that is only suikoden in name and number.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
too bad they decided to commit the site news to convert a fact based site to a cheap advert contest, celebrating a game that is only suikoden in name and number.

Except that said contest was one news entry, and not even the most recent one. The most recent one details the unveiling of the complete bestiary of Suikoden I, which is quite in-depth. Say what you want about Suikosource but it has been around longer than any of these other Suikoden sites and it is still chugging along with new content.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Korgeta

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to Suikosource?! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only that the 'new content' has been a lot of trivial info regarding enemy stats and weapon stats, smoething 9 out of 10 know about and only the onw in ten will care about. Archiving data and tips is no different from gamefaqs. Its ironic that the new content is just a revision of the old conent of previous suikodens. Regardless of how long suikosource has been around, it is being able to provide with new and useful information that is more important. And in that Due Fiumi is the one that is doing a better job. I would have thought Due Fiumi would push suikosource forward. Other then a fan art gallery there is not much to offer and a 'fanart advert campaign' this contributes nothing to the purpose of the site and has delivered no actual new sorce of information. Suikosource would be better off confined to the past as there are better sites regardless of how few that do a better job and offer a lot more.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although you minimalized its importance, you said it: today Suikosource mostly provides fact based gameplay content, and in this it is better than any other Suikoden site, including gamefaqs. If you don't appreciate that, fine. But a whole lot of people do.

Suikox had/will have its war game, Due Fiumi has its gensopedia, and Suikosource has its gameplay guides.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Island dweller

Archane watchmen

60038 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Calvin":n8c6woxq]

Suikox had/will have its war game, Due Fiumi has its gensopedia, and Suikosource has its gameplay guides.

Damn good gameplay guides as well, Suikosource has gotten me out of the odd rutt or two in the past
Korgeta

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Calvin":1ko1uign]Although you minimalized its importance, you said it: today Suikosource mostly provides fact based gameplay content, and in this it is better than any other Suikoden site, including gamefaqs. If you don't appreciate that, fine. But a whole lot of people do.

'Minimalized'? Perhaps undervauled but I hardly minimalized anything, I am highlighting that a lot of its content is no longer signficant, suikosource has its gameplay guides but that's all it really has, uptill Due Fiumi apperared, suikosource was the only real site that provided character backgrounds and gamefaqs because nobody else did it at the time. That has changed and suikosource is not as a leading in gaming backstory as it was, nor is its articles as intresting as suikox. Unlike suikosource, suikox does actually have some thought out articles and amusing ones, suikosource has stopped writing its own essays since 2005 and the one person who still writes the majority of articles still does on this site. (ie: vector/blue moon etc) IT is you who has minimalizing suikox, and overpraising suikosource, neglecting that suikox had more then just a 'war system' alone that made it popular. If suikosoucre went offline tomorrow it would feel like it would be a loss but the reality would be that it wouldn't. Other sites have done a better job in giving detail and presentation such as this.

Suikosource has been rehasing old data till it had become unintresting and a lot of it quite frankly is. If people still apperciate suikosource that is good but it has rarely given anything of use in my eyes and that is my critcsim of it, it has achived little of late and its photishop ad contest strikes me as begging.
Icegryphon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's Due Fiumi and what war games are you talking about on Suikox?

The forums on Suikosource are definitely better/more active than the ones here.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No need to get into "this site is better than that site" arguments. There's few enough suikoden sites anyhow, and all the ones I know are owned by folks who have incurable illnesses of some sort. I do hope some healthy person will get off their lazy and healthy buttocks and create a Suikoden site.
Icegryphon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wasn't saying which was better. I was simply saying that I find this topic strange since the forums there are more active. This topic implies that either Suikosource disappeared or people stopped posting there. That was what I meant. I like both sites equally. They both have a different flavor which is hard to do when they're both sites for the same thing: Suikoden.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: