Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Answers from Konami
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Answers from Konami Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I received answers to our question from Konami, and posted them on the site front page, along with some comments from me. Generally the answers were what I expected.
Darkbeat

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Answers from Konami Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Backs up what alot of us have thought for a while: The dev team lost the plot (literally) when Murayama left.

That said, it was rather vague and contradicting overall, to the point where it's really difficult to tell whether they will ever return to Suiko-verse or not. Infact, the whole thing is just a collection of ninja answers that ends up telling us nothing we didn't know already.

Kudo's to Vex though regardless and at least they sounded positive on actually making further installments :\
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No different from Suikosources. Practically no answers and more insistence on how great Tierkreis is. We get it, you love it, but that wasn't what we asked.

Why did they even bother asking us for questions if they're not even going to answer them? Especially after we took the trouble to weed out obviously unanswerable ones. Next time, just slap us in the face directly instead of putting the glove on first.

Well, at least they did come forward with the "Screw the continuity, screw the original world, screw you and the 14 years you put into all that". That was nice, in a rude sort of way.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Overall what I expected. Very political in their answers like any press release is going to be. No committing to anything while promoting their own thought processes.

But they basically said they were going with the dreaded final fantasy-eaque plot lines and scraping the interconnecting ones. Which hey, I guess it gives them more freedom to do what they want. And at least they've come right out and said it.

Vex's comments mostly mimic my own thoughts about it. Pretty sure I said "Well Duh..." after three fourths of the answers.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, doesn't look like they wanted to reveal anything at all, or it could be that they don't know any of the true answers to these questions.

Quote:
Question #12: Why was Suikoden III not released in Europe (PAL) and is there ever going to be a chance for European gamers to play the game?
Konami: Unfortunately the game can only work with NTSC so the probability of it releasing for PAL is very low.

This is probably the stupidest answer out of the lot.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ahhhhh. kinda disappointing if you ask me. Also, did they ignore the other questions? or did they just say they weren't answering them? I would have rather them state the reason they couldn't answer all the questions, than just ignore them. At least we got something though.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Ujitsuna":2b1f2uc6]
Quote:
Question #12: Why was Suikoden III not released in Europe (PAL) and is there ever going to be a chance for European gamers to play the game?
Konami: Unfortunately the game can only work with NTSC so the probability of it releasing for PAL is very low.

This is probably the stupidest answer out of the lot.

Yeah, I was wondering what it even meant. Are they trying to say the way Suikoden III was designed and created results in a game which can only work with NTSC? That doesn't make sense as NTSC and PAL deals with screen resolution and frame rate. It would have been better had they just gone with what I believe was the reason for Suikoden III not making it into PAL regions: sales projections and the cost of translating the script into multiple languages didn't make it look that appealing.

I totally agree with Konami's response about the gender of the Tenkai. There's no reason why the Tenkai can't be female but if it's in the best interests of the story for another male Tenkai, I don't have any problems with it. I just want a good Suikoden game, male or female Tenkai.

Quote:
Question #7: In the official timeline, it says that Crowley and Mazus had a duel before when they're supposed to have been born. Did they reincarnate? What is the story behind this, or is it an error?
Konami: Other story developments, like this one, may become clear in the future.

Translation: We have absolutely no idea, nor do we really care. Next!

Quote:
Question #11: Are you considering remaking Suikoden I and II? Suikoden I and II would look pretty amazing in HD, with crisp and sharp graphics (keep it in sprites), bright and exciting colours and of course HD size.

Konami: That is an interesting idea; we will consider it in the future.

Translation: Hmmm, we've been thinking about this and we may, indeed, do so. But, it will only be for Japan!

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Answers from Konami Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, those answers were pretty much an exercise in nothingness. Why would Konami ask for questions from the fans, if they didn't intend to answer anything? They could have thrown Suikoden fans a few nuggets of information....would it have killed them to throw some more light on the Mazus/Crowley question, for example?

This goes to show what happens when one person (such as Murayama) isn't in charge, and things are decided by a team of sales and marketing people.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hahaha! I so agree with Vex's comment on #6

I read their answer for it and practically immediately went "Omg....did they just **** all the past Suikoden games??"

but yeah....=/ why do they not touch the other Q's...or say why they didn't answer them...I wonder...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I, being a cynic, think it is quite obvious why they would ask for questions they have no intention of directly answering. It's a show for public relations. It says that they reached out to the fans of the series. And if we snap back at them for not answering our questions like normal people instead of a company, this makes it easier to say in the future, "We reached out once, but fans reacted poorly. We shouldn't do it again," should they want justification to ignore us. It is all positioning, really.

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm of the same opinion as everyone else. I'm sick of all the maneuvering and indecisiveness. Konami either needs to decide what they're going to do with the series and stick with it or drop it entirely. I absolutely adore the series, I won't deny that, and I've even enjoyed Tierkreis despite its numerous blunders, but the way Konami is treating the series and its fans, I can't put up with this much longer. I'm a very picky gamer (especially with RPGs) and Suikoden has had the most potential to create what I would consider a perfect game, but now the series is going in an entirely wrong direction. It's sad that I feel like myself or other fans could probably create a much better game with the same resources.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, at this point I'm quite convinced that the fans (especially those here or Suikosource) know more about the Suikoden series as a whole than Konami, especially their development team!
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Answers from Konami Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor, if Konami solicits questions from you in the future, I think you'd be completely justified in refusing to deal with them. A bunch of non-answers like these are a waste of everyone's time.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that the questions that they really wanna hear is concerning "what do YOU as Suikoden fanatics want in the future installments?" like for example a better storyline and such?
Looking at the answers provided by them concerning Crowley, Mazus, and all the Suikoden insights, they do not provide a direct answer. Instead, an indirect one liner or an answer that proves that they as developers even have a lack of knowledge or no reason for putting Jeane or Viki in the game in every series.
Why do they seem to be pretty enthusiastic when we proposed the installment of Suikoden I and II again in lets say HD and such? Because they see that "okay, so this is what the fans WANT I'll take this up as a high consideration"
My point is, as I have been saying, is that as this is part of their market research process, they only care about what the fans WANT not the insight into the Suikoden games that we particularly asked.
And in my biased opinion, they too, are probably a bit disappointed as the questions we raised are not giving them an idea of what to do for future installments. All in all, we can't just criticize Konami as a whole, instead I think that we should actually help them create a better installment? But of course, they are the ones that should make the game and we as fans provide the critics and feedback they need to hear concerning the game/s made.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Flamo Bringer":2o7ycutz]All in all, we can't just criticize Konami as a whole, instead I think that we should actually help them create a better installment?

I wish we could actually help them create a better installment as I have seen aspects of other games which would be really awesome if integrated into Suikoden. I haven't played Tierkreis yet (gonna get on that soon, though), but I've read the passage of time factors into the overall experience. Taking it a step or more further would really enhance the experience and add some new depth to the games.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: