Suikoden Unique and Irenic Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Loading saved data for Suikoden III on a PS3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Li_Kui

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Loading saved data for Suikoden III on a PS3 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello all,
I am a suikoden fan from long ago and have just recently gotten back into the series. I have been playing through the series on my PS3 and my question is this; is there any way to copy your saved suikoden I and II data from your PS3's internal PS memory card to your internal PS2 memory card? The suikoden III manual specifies how to do this with a PS2, but I have been unable to figure out how to do this with the PS3's internal memory. I know that the saved data doesn't unlock much, but as a completionist I find this problem annoying. Any assistance on this matter would be greatly appriciated.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Having tried to copy files myself, it doesn't look like it's possible. If you still have your PS2, however, you can copy your file over using a PS2-PS3 memory card adapter. You can copy your Suikoden II save to a PS1 memory card, start your Suikoden III game on a PS2, load your Suikoden II data into Suikoden III on a PS2 memory card, save...and copy it back to your PS3.

Well, that should work. :roll:

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, that's lovely. I only got my PS3 because my PS2 broke.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Loading saved data for Suikoden III on a PS3 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the feedback. I do not personally own a PS2 but a friend of mine does, and your solution seems like it should work. Once I scrape together the $10 to buy a memory card adapter (my bank account has been a bit empty since purchacing Suikoden I, II, and respective strategy guides :( ) I will let you know how it turns out.
Li_Kui

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Loading saved data for Suikoden III on a PS3 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sweet success! :D I purchaced a memory card adapter (it was only $7, shipped from Hong Kong) and transfered my internal memory to an external card and then swaped the data on a PS2 as suggested. The whole process only took a few minutes, and now I can enjoy the plays and references to my old characters in Suikoden III on my PS3. Thanks suikox, you guys suiko-rock! :mrgreen:
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm glad it turned out well. It's a shame that all that extra work is needed, but it's understandable that the ability to move PS1 saves to a Virtual PS2 memory card was overlooked. Suikoden III was the only game to use that feature, after all.

At least we have a workaround. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: