Suikoden United and Irrational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Editorial: My Apologies Concerning Georg
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Do you like to see more articles like this that talks about one character and the character's impact on history?

Yea i would like to see more articles that talk about one character and the character's impact on history because its always good to know these things. And its cool to see new information on characters that have not been fully uncovered.

2. What did you like/dislike about the article?

I thought this article was well writen and detailed. But the problem was the map covered a lot of the words near the bottom.

3. Did the article change your perception of Georg or any other character/place/historical period? Why/why not?

Yea it did, because i also thought all that happened in the order we all thought.[/quote]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Do you like to see more articles like this that talks about one character and the character's impact on history?

I have my own theories regarding characters in the Suikoverse, it is nice to see that other people have come up with other theories that I never thought about, and it gives me new ideas to think about.

2. What did you like/dislike about the article?

What I dislike about the article is that it's all pure speculation without any official word from Konami. You don't know whether Genso Suikoden 2 was wrong or Suikoden 2 was wrong. It specificaly says that Georg is from Falena. I find it surprising that nobody else noticed this and I question the validity of this information.

3. Did the article change your perception of Georg or any other character/place/historical period? Why/why not?

I don't think it's right to change everyone's perception of Geoerg without positive proof to back it up. I thought Georg returned to Falena for a while after the succesion war and the Kamero Knights, possibly to see family, but the reason he had to leave was because he killed the current Queen. If someone wants to get information on this from Konami and prove me wrong I would appreciate it. But I definately think Georg, Killey, Lorelai and possibly Kirke are all from Falena.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 2 specifically doesn't say that Georg is from Falena. That was the whole purpose of the article. That's Konami's official information.
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's Konami for you. Have you checked out the Suikoden 5 speculation poll. It has some of my theories regarding Georg and Falena.

Let me get this right, Georg was an Ebony Moon Knight in Grasslands, then one of the six Great Generals in the Scarlet Moon Empire, then went to Falena (to see family maybe) where his fame got him a position as a Royal Knight. The Queen may have been corrupt or wronged Georg or maybe a relationship and he killed the Queen after Killey tried. Then Georg went to Grasslands and joined or formed the Kamero knights, then had to leave because he was being pursued by the Queens assasins(supposedly a new Queen now). Then was found near Tinto, close to Grasslands where he participated in the Dunan Unification war. I'm thinking Camus was only in the Kamero Knights a short time before joining the Matilda Knights where his skill with fire magic got him promoted to captain or the Red Knights. Is everything right in the order I've written it.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope. Georg is first known in history when he joins Barbarossa Rugner during the Succession War as one of the Six Great Generals.

Following that, he goes to the Grassland and becomes a Black Moon Warrior.

Lastly, he is a Queen's Knight in Falena.

It goes in that order. Georg is never said as having been at Kamaro though.
Also, he is never said as being chased by the Queen's assassins, although Lorelai and Killey have been chased by them in the past.
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My mistake, you said that it is uncertain as to whether the Ebony Moon Kights was a subdivision of Kamero. I remember somone on Suikosource mentioning that Georg was in the Kamero Knights and went there after Falena, maybe they were confused, but maybe everything is all mixed up, thanks for clearing things up.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hugo wrote:
My mistake, you said that it is uncertain as to whether the Ebony Moon Kights was a subdivision of Kamero. I remember somone on Suikosource mentioning that Georg was in the Kamero Knights and went there after Falena, maybe they were confused, but maybe everything is all mixed up, thanks for clearing things up.

Lol I think that was me I didn't remember the name of the Knights and wanted physical location and said Kamaro whatever that place might be, since not having played III and me still trying to avoid spoilers hasn't helped.

But I was right in order, Scarlet Moon Those Knights, Falena, Dunan...

Now the thing is if Konami says Greorg is from Falena doesn't it still fits?

I mean we just don't know what he was doing before he became General he just went back to his homeland at some point, whatever the case I'm hoping Konami will clear it up, I think that after Rapshodia is time for another Encyclopedia or something.

And I didn't look at this particular forum either I thought that Sars might have put an April fool on us or something, but is true and we will see if Konami ever clears things about Greorg.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Georg isn't from Falena. His place of origin is officially stated as "Unknown."
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Suikoden 2 specifically doesn't say that Georg is from Falena. That was the whole purpose of the article. That's Konami's official information.

I thought that was what you meant by that?

I didn't understand correct then, in that case Georg might have nothing to do with Falena at all, well in that case things still make sense, he must originate from somewhere though and judging from the areas that I know so far and the few info we have on Falena that would be the most probable place, or someplace unknown or not mentioned or well, by the way why exactly Barbarossa accepted his services I don't understand, he was in need of a general and Georg happened to show up, and he took him in, no past info no nothing?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Georg could be from the Nameless Lands for all we know. We know little about it him anyway to place him at Falena.

I think what's causing the most problems here is that everyone is still attached to the image of Georg pre-article where everyone thought of him as the enigmatic swordsman from Falena who's had his fingers in a few wars throughout history. Well, we were all fooled by poor translation.

Georg's origin is unknown just as Arenegeth says - which doens't mean he's from Falena. Hell, he could be from the Trading Post at the Deserted Island in the Island Nations for all we know.

As for why Barbarossa accepted him as a general, we'll never know. Perhaps he was born in Scarlet Moon - we don't know. Perhaps he came along as a wandering swordsman and proved himself to Barbarosaa. The later would fit the Georg we know from Suikoden II, but the former is just as likely as any other theory regarding Georg's past.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Perhaps he came along as a wandering swordsman and proved himself to Barbarosaa.

That would indeed fit Georg but I wouldn't give any portion of my army to just someone who is skilled with a sword, what I mean is most if not all Generals have a background and a reason, unless of course is the obvious and he comes from Scarlet Moon Aristocracy, other than that this thing will torture me for a long time along with so many other unexplained Suikoden things...
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arenegeth wrote:
Quote:

Perhaps he came along as a wandering swordsman and proved himself to Barbarosaa.

That would indeed fit Georg but I wouldn't give any portion of my army to just someone who is skilled with a sword, what I mean is most if not all Generals have a background and a reason, unless of course is the obvious and he comes from Scarlet Moon Aristocracy, other than that this thing will torture me for a long time along with so many other unexplained Suikoden things...
It says in the character list that Georg left after the war of succession because he had "fulfilled his promise". Maybe there is some history there. I can't remember if he said this during suikoden 2 as it's vague to me.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I imagine the promise wasn't too disimilar to the promise made in Suikoden II. He promised to stay and fight for Barbarossa Rugner as long as he stayed and faught (much like Riou). Makes you think Barbarossa was a Tenkai star and collected a full tablet.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Speculation*

Barbarossa is well know to have the Sovereign Rune, which negates magic. Maybe around the time Barbarossa became the Emperor he saved Georg's life and Georg promised to be his commander for for an x number of years. It just so happened that the Succession Wars took place in those x years.

Regardlee of that, the article didn't change my feelings towards georg, it just rectified the error I had in my mind. Thank you for the fix!

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
nuSeed

Death In Flames

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it possible Georg could be from the SME? Are all the other Six Great Generals from there? If so, since they all have last names ..... it could be that Barbarossa gave him his last name, as he did to the other generals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: