Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Editorial: My Apologies Concerning Georg
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Editorial: My Apologies Concerning Georg Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Article URL--
http://www.suikox.com/ed/georg50425.html

Please discuss the article here. I am interested in feedback, especially regarding the following points--

1. Do you like to see more articles like this that talks about one character and the character's impact on history?

2. What did you like/dislike about the article?

3. Did the article change your perception of Georg or any other character/place/historical period? Why/why not?
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Do you like to see more articles like this that talks about one character and the character's impact on history?

Definatly. I would much rather read an article on one character and how he or she impacted history than how an entire nation or group did. That is not to say I want to read an in-depth article on someone like Muto, but someone like Georg or Killey, yes.

I like that it clearly explains how Georg and Killey were able to kill the queen and describes their movements. I dislike that you apologize, as I don't believe anyone would hold you accountable for that disinformation.

3. Did the article change your perception of Georg or any other character/place/historical period? Why/why not?

Yes. For a reason possibly unique. Before now I never liked Georg. However after reading this I do. Because if it had happened way in his past it could have been thought of as a rookie mistake that was made in his youth. However knowing this it tells us that even with Georg's life experience he chose to do what he did. Which gave him about a thousand cool points in my book. :)

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow that was a great article SARS. I like to read about the history of the Suikoden characters, nations, ect. basically I like to learn about the history of the Suikoden world. I do prefer finding out about characters and their pasts over other things like Neclord being a nice man and all. Don't get me wrong though I found that article amusing and liked it as well I just prefer this kind of article over that one.

As stated above I really like the fact that it went into the history of the character. I liked the visual effects as well as your own input and ideas on the situation.

Yes and no. It sort of rekindled my interest on George Prime (and Killey for that matter) and his past. However the events of his past are still the same. They have changed order sure and new deductions can be made but what he did is still the same is it not?

Great work SARS I really enjoyed the article :wink:
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I enjoy reading the articles that delve into the personal history of individual characters, so keep them coming.

I like how the article seems to have clarified things to be more understandable. There wasn't anything I disliked about this article.

This article did nothing to change my opinion of Georg as I liked him do do his power and demeanor.

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes! I would really like more articles about a character's past/their impact on history. It makes the individual characters much more interesting.

I liked the information on Georg :p I originally didn't know much about it (Just thought people liked him, because he looked cool or something). But known I know <part> of his past, and how he's made a large impact on the Suikoden World.

Yes, it did change my perception on him, because before reading the article I knew nothing about him.

Great article SARSadmin, keep of the good work! *thumbs up*
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is very possible for one character to change the course of history and Georg is no exception. When it comes to editorials like this, I think that it is absolutely necessary to inform the public when information like this has been hiding all this time. I know what you mean when it comes to fan fiction and theories being mislead when it comes to Georg Prime. I remember arguing for and against him in my entire time as a Suikoden forum member.

I really like the summary of Georg's career as a General. That was the key to your whole argument. The information is the most important thing of all. This also helped explain Killey's involvement with the Queen's assassination, but this time it takes his age into consideration; something that was shady to all of us before. But what I really enjoyed that map of the movement of Mathiu, Georg, and Killey. This possibly connects Georg and Mathiu way before the Succession War itself. I myself didn't know Mathiu went to Grassland at one time, so you learn something new everyday.

Only one dislike though, the placement of the map blocks a partial amount of text. But that was easily solved by copy/pasting the side to a notepad.

Perception wise, to me, he is still one of the strongest people in Suikoden Lore. In that sense, my perception of him didn't change. But did it chance everything I knew about him as a character? Yes it absolutely did. This throws a lot of theories about Georg that don't comply with the timeline out the door. Killey's past now makes sense, and no one has to worry about it anymore.

The only perception that changed for me was Mathiu. For whatever reason, I didn't see him as much of a traveler. Thus this made me question his worldly knowledge. But after the editorial, I now give him credit for seeing the world, and this means I now see him as a smart person who knows much about the world; just like an elder Apple from Suikoden 3.

Good Job SARS.

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Actually, I've always been under the impression that Georg Prime first became famous during the Succession War, and that after he left the SME, he ended up in Falena, etc. So the article really didn't change anything for me, although I do like how you deduced the year (458) that the queen of Falena was likely killed.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I had read his data on Suikosource way back in the day, so I had always thought he came here [heh, wow, thinking of "here" as the mainland, in this context] after having done the deed in Falena, that he had been a general -after- his famous killing. Of course, I never noticed any oddities, since I was never enough of a fan of Killey that I cared to notice he was too young to have participated in the Queen's murder.

Unless I missed something, we don't even know why Georg Prime went to Falena in the first place at all, now, right? Another question, unrelated to the first: do we know anything at all about these Ebony Moon Knigihts?
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, He just used Kiley's background to deduce it. It could still be wrong but at least we have an estimate. I like reading about characters who have interesting backstories or that play a large part in the history of Suikoden. Sometimes you get to see them in a whole new light.

Perhaps the apology was ment because you couldn't notice something that was just there. I still think it is an honest mistake and at least the information was corrected. You have a lot of pressure after all, being one of the few sources of Japanese-only info.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Definitely. I think that the "expanded" Suikoverse (as it is) is far more interesting than the main plots of the games. Not disrespecting the game plots, just that I get more pleasure from figuring out the unknown. :)

I disliked nothing, aside from the awkward way the map obscured some of the text...as for what I liked...well, I'll tell you below about my thoughts but it was certainly very informative.

Not too much...I always thought Georg was over-hyped to the point that Pesmerga is (though at least he DID SOMETHING, heh), so I didn't really like him...still interesting to have a timetable on the Queen's assassination though.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I truly enjoy reading articles about individual characters. It allows for me to get an understanding about the depth of the character. It also allows you to become more personally attached to the character as you understand a bit of his or her history. This allows you to sort of comprehend what they went through and understand their motives for being involved in the overall plot of the story.

This is wonderful because it allows you to get more details on the character that would be more or less glossed over during the actual game. I would definitely like to see more in-depth information on individual characters no matter who or what they are.

I enjoyed the content of the article. It was straight and to the point. You explained the error and went into specific details on how the error was to be corrected and then explained the ramifications of the corrections. It was detailed and specific, just the way I like things.

The article really did not change my perception on Georg Prime so much as give me a different perspective on his possible motives for his actions. Like someone mentioned earlier, we now know that Georg Prime was older than we thought he was when he murdered the Queen with Killey. This most likely denotes that he committed the act for a good reason and not out of being immature.

The article also made me wonder as to why Georg Prime decided to trek all the way to the Grasslands from the Scarlet Moon Empire. Sure, this was kind of explained in your editorial, but it's still kind of unclear. A one time great general leaving his position to go to basically barbarian land is quite intriguing. Then it causes you to think as to what events guided him to Falena.

The fact that Georg Prime met up with Killey, a protector of the Sindarin secrets, after leaving the Grasslands makes me wonder whether or not Georg Prime had any interest in Sindarin secrets. It also makes you question whether or not Georg Prime helped Killey break out of jail. Could Killey and Georg Prime killed the Queen of Falena due to some corrupt means or were they trying to protect a secret, possibly Sindarin in nature? The fact that Georg Prime came from the Grasslands first then to Falena allows for many interesting possibilities.

Overall, I believe this was a very informative and thought provoking article. Great job SARSadmin! I look forward to more editorials of this nature.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Blackwind

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes. One aspect I like about Suikoden is that even if it's not evident in the game itself nearly all the characters are fleshed fully formed fictional people who and that the main charaacter are not the most important to the world as a whole. Take a small character like Georg and we find that though he really didn't matter to the story of suikoden 2 he has mo history and is more fleshed out then Cloud Strife and his band of jerks.

I would like to know more about his dealings with Killey.

Yes. I'm a big Killey fan and this really makes me ponder more on his relations with him and I now think that he may have been some what of an influince on him. I hope someone takes this new information and writes a good fic on it.
StryderthePrince

Mithril Knights

37 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would definitely like to see more articles like this that goes in depth on charcters that normally aren't done so in the game. I like that fact that you used historical evidence and such to figure out a timline. Incredible.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: Editorial: My Apologies Concerning Georg Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Absolutely. This was a very interesting article, and helped make a lot of sense with the chronological order.

There wouldn't be anything i disliekd about it.

Well, i would suppose it didn't. It was all in the past and it didn't change his situation at the Dunan Unification War. He still worked with Killey at Falena, and he was a Ebony Knight, and was also a General in SME. Perhaps it would help give a clue about the location of Falena, following his travels as they went.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1.Do you like to see more articles like this that talks about one character and the character's impact on history?

Yes! It's always nice to get more information on characters, especially those who haven't been gotten as much development in the games as others (eg - georg, lorelai, killey, sarah (s1), etc.). I'd definately like to see more articles along the same frame.

I thought the article was well written and entertaining.

I thought the map could have been a bit better and been less confusing. It's hard to tell where each character's path starts/ends. I also thought having Lorelai on there would have been a good idea to show her movement in relation to Killey's.

On a side note, while it's not a like/dislike - The map obscures all the text facing it on IE at 800x600; I had to copy and paste that into notepad to read it.

I also wish there was more information on Killey and Georg, as well as Killey and Lorelai's workings. Do we know how she managed to trap him in a prison? And how did Killey meet Georg?

A little bit, because I had always thought that things had happened in the reverse order, which made me wonder how he managed to do all of that that fast.

And I kind of always wondered why his birthplace was "unknown", too. ^^;

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: