Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

One more day!? Your Suikoden release day memories

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: One more day!? Your Suikoden release day memories Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finally got my shipment of $150+ worth of Suikoden books today, none of them are Tierkreis related but it got me all excited about picking up the game tomorrow, only to be reminded just now the game will likely not be on sale until Wed. I guess it might as well since I have to exchange a game and get some cash tomorrow so I'll be swamped anyways, even though I really don't expect much out of Tierkreis, there's something about a Suikoden release day that's just full of excitement to me.

Sadly I can't say I was there from the very beginning, as I only decided to look into Suikoden games when killing time one fall friday while skipping school in 01, I had got the first two games and only played the first Suikoden when III came out fall of 02. Not yet played II, I wasn't too impressed by the series at the time but decided to get III just for the sake of buying a new game, so there wasn't much long waited excitement around that release day.

It was a long wait for IV even though I didn't care much until I replayed & finished the first 3 games, at right around the time when IV was announced fall of 03. I remember skipping class that Wed afternoon early Jan.05 and waiting at a game store in the mall for the game to be delivered with a few other guys, one of them was telling some crazy stories about finding a brand new copy of II just months before which he opened and played (what a stupid thing to do...), and something about owning a large standing promo cutout of II that was used in stores before the game came out, which I have yet to hear mentioned by anyone else ever, as I'm still trying to confirm the existence of such an item... after quite a wait the game came in, and I must have saw half a dozen people buy it, which to this day is still the biggest rush for buying Suikoden games I have ever seen.

Tactics came out mid Nov.05, having never finished IV, I wasn't too excited about the game, but I was there buying it on release day between my classes and going to the gym. I was working by then so I didn't have too much time, but I did start playing the night I got the game, there was the excitement of play a new Suikoden game while thinking that it was better than I expected, just like when I first started to play IV... I still haven't finished either game.

I was a bit down on the series and myself for not caring enough to finish the past two games by the time V was coming out, I recall spending much more effort tracking down a copy of Oblivion on the same day, as picking up V became kind of an after thought. I did get it and started to play that night, hearing that the start of the game will be slow but it defiantly being a good game. 3 nights passed and not much was happening in the game, I finally tried Oblivion and was quite impressed, thinking it might cause me to cut time spent playing V, then V's story kicked in... Since that time I been more into Suikoden than ever, and that's been the case for almost the last 3 years.

I never had high hopes for Tierkreis since I first heard about it here late last summer, but as a Suikoden fan I hope nothing but good things to keep the series strong, and I really hope I will enjoy the game since the feeling of playing a great Suikoden game is right up there with the joy of one of my favorite teams winning a championship. Either way, for me it was first a 1 & 1/2 year wait, then two short waiting periods of only 10 & 3 months, and now one week short of 3 years later, it's great that excitement is seriously picking up again. I think most of the people here deserves to enjoy that feeling after such a long wait, so lets all hope that a great Suikoden game will keep our joy going.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: