Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Size of dragons.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korgeta

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Size of dragons. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First thing first I don't have suikoden III or have played it, I say it because i know that bright (the dragon futch christned) is useable, I've only seen dragons in sI and we see the dragon egg in SII but what is there general size? Take black for example, it carried tir and his party with him to leknaat's island (along with futch) so that's 6-7 people. So it has to be big to an extent/

Then we have the 'realistic' aspect to consider (well i think some prefer the possible realistic aspect of a dragon, i mean who wants a dragon that sounds like an elephant when it could just ROAR) what size of the beast or its wing span would people interpurt as a dragon out of suikoden before saying 'that's way too big of a dragon' because i have noticed that the dragons used by the dragon knights have a similir size, now maybe dragons do grow larger but dragon knights take steps to stunt their growth to make them better controlled. (we do know as humphery seems to indicate in SII that dragons have almost become domesticated in a sense, providing their found in time)
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black carried the team in a basket with Futch riding him. Bright wasn't really that big, but was able to carry both an adult Futch and the squirt Sharon. But I wouldn't say he much larger than Fubar or Ruby really. Just... differently proportioned. But then again Bright is still young at that time. I'd be more curious about the size of Milia's dragon Thrash or the size of Joshua's dragon at the time of his retirement.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Korgeta

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Size of dragons. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually saw a suikogaiden clip on youtube featuring black in it's brief battle against windy and black is quite large, it also breathes out a large amount of fire, it's wing span is also again quite large. If the suikogaiden clip of black represents its actual size then the suikoden I images of it greatly misleads it's intended size. However bright was up against a wild dragon in suikogaiden and that looked to be even bigger.

I dare say black looks to be bout 30ft in length or perhaps a bit more (am surprised futch could even ride on it!) the other dragon i mentioned was clearly bigger but it might have been a different species of dragon altogther. So Bright is perhaps still just a junior in Suiko 3, unless Bright was of an entirely different species.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just for a point of reference: Bright is 8' 4" (or 255 cm) tall as of age 15, according to the Gensopedia. Dragons are usually longer from head to tail then height, as well as having a bigger wingspan than their height. I would guess Brights wingspan and length to be atleast 15', if not more.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: