Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The circle rune: Harmonia's curse?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korgeta

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: The circle rune: Harmonia's curse? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here is the timeline extracted from suikosource relating to harmonia's poltical and military influnce.

-2 - Harmonia Established
0 - Harmonian Calendar
20 - Warrior's Village Founded
70 - Gate Rune Clan Massacre
110 - Kingdom of Dunan Established
185 - Muse Established
212 - Two River Established
230 - Scarlet Moon Empire Established
237 - Highland Kingdom Established
420 - Zexen Established
460 - Dunan Unification War
472 - Higheast Rebellion
475 - Second Fire Bringer War

Whilst the series is at a crossroads with a possible change in the direction of the series by Tierkreis, there is still a consistency about Harmonia's history but even the arrivals of SIV and V throw a question mark surronding harmonia. Both games hghlight the limit of Harmonian expansion and of the occupation of the previous empire, Aronia. If Aronia or Harmonia was the once occupier of Falena, the Island countries or any of the southeren nations then it would be mentioned and konami has never released any information about them estabilshing a breakup from harmonia or Aronia. They seem to be outside the influnce. If you look at the list, many of Harmonia's affairs occur within the Toran and Dunan region. Gradually pushing upwards to Zexzen. Which brings up a second point, Harmonia's enemy seems to be itself then the outside nations with rebellion, power grabbing and poor expeditions, within 400yrs it has lost almost half of its territory. I wouldn't be surprised if it collpased at sol 500.

At the speed of ts detoration its hard to imagine to see a harmonia in luc's 'future' where choas and order will clash for the last time, nations and empires are becomming more miniturized as time goes by.

Yet is the circle rune meant to bring harmony? It has it seems to achieve an opposite, true runes in the series have a direct effect in the shifting of power between empires. The intent of the true rune may be the undoing of Harmonia by inspiring or influnceing a goverment that denies change or reform, sometimes with lethal force and that in turn may have provoked a backlash.

Discuss.
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The circle rune: Harmonia's curse? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harmonia didnt deteriorate because of the circle rune, but because Hikusaak disappeared sometime before the scarlet moon seccession war. His disappereance triggered the harmonia civil war, which pretty weakened Harmonia greatly.
If we want to understand Harmonia, we need to understand Hikusaak, but the Hikusaak character remain complete enigma. Why is he colecting true runes? Why did he disappear? Those are the most important questions in Suikoden.

Since we know so little about him, it is hard to do any speculation. Well we know that Suikoden "Main Story" is about a conflict between order and chaos, where Harmonia = Order. So who is the chaos? Change Rune = Syndar Leader = Chaos?

I think it would be much better for Hikusaak not to be a simple evil character, but a gray character that has a reason for what he was doing. Perhaps he knows Chaos will come to destroy the world (restart it) and he is collecting true runes to stop this, creating a eternal world that will remain the same forever.

I know it is cliche, but it would fit well in the storyline. Also we would understand what Leeknaat role was, her role was to be the keeper of balance, the balance between order and chaos. To prevent either side from winning.
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i wish we knew more about Hikusaak :(
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But Hikusaak came back during Suikoden III, did'nt he?
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Zahak":3dhlv26g]But Hikusaak came back during Suikoden III, did'nt he?

No, that was Sasarai - a clone of Hikusaak. Although Luc mentions something about being under orders of Hikusaak himself, that was most likely a lie. There could be more mentioned in the game if someone with a better memory chimes in.
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

one day Hikusaak show up some time soon
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hey hey, I saw a suikoden III manga at www.mangafox.comhaha it ranked 4600th so please support it
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hey hey, I saw a suikoden III manga at www.mangafox.com haha it ranked 4600th so please support it
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is just a coincidence. It just happened that thers are people that are warfreaks. The great example was the great Luca Blight. Even though tha highland kingdom is at its best, he still engaged war with the city-states. So what happened? The highland collapsed. Suikoden history happened in the real world. We expirienced it in our own country.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: