Suikoden United and Illusional Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Konami wants questions from us
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinta

White Leaf

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Are there any plans to continue the Suikoden franchise on the Nintendo Wii?
2. What was the main aspect to create a Suikoden title for a handheld?
3. Which feature of the DS console improves the gameplay of Suikoden Tierkreis the most?
4. Can we expect more 'sidestorys' on handhelds?
5. Does Suikoden Tierkreis also aim for casual gamers as an audience? How did you modify the Suikoden formula to please casual gamers as well as the Suikoden fans?

Please excuse any spelling or grammar mistakes. My english is not the best...
Did they tell you a deadline for the questions yet?

Kinta
Piisuke

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Konami wants questions from us Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Jack of All Trades":361hquys]Yeah, I'm pretty impressed. I have a feeling we are going to be putting these guys through the wringer. I had no idea there was so much dissention in the Suikoden Fan Ranks.

To break it down easily:

- Suikoden fans are smart.
- Final Fantasy fans like graphics.

>_o.

Now to make a serious comment.

I think it is the fans getting annoyed by the obvious lack of promotion coming from Konami when it comes to Suikoden. Yet, when they talk about MGS, or Castlevania they can't stop talking.
That, and the 2 years of silence, regarding Suikoden gave fans a lot of time to think about questions =p.

To add a few more questions:

1. Are you considering revamping Suikoden I and II, like Capcom did with Super Street Fighter II Turbo? I know it wasn't Capcom who revamped SF II HD Remix, but you get my drift. Suikoden I and II would look pretty amazing in HD, with crisp and sharp graphics (keep it in sprites), bright and exciting colours and of course HD size.

2. Why was Suikoden III not released in Europe and is there ever going to be a chance for European gamers to play the game, if they haven't got it already?

3. Why was Suikoden I&II never released on the PSP? Aren't you aware how big these games sell on Ebay? You'd lose on a lot of money.

4. Why are the Suikoden games never promoted outside Japan? Why can you promote games like Metal Gear Solid, that single handedly improved the sales of the Playstation 3, but never do we hear from you when it comes to Suikoden?
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So the release date is coming up quickly, when are you going to be sending these questions off Vextor?

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got a reply from Konami today, and they said I can send the questions in any time, and they'll send me the replies from the development team. By development team, they actually mean the one in Japan, so I might translate the questions to avoid catatrophe. I'll be selecting questions later today, so get your questions in fast.
Kinta

White Leaf

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another question came to my mind:
Is it possible that future Suikoden games create a link between different dimensions?

Kinta
Jack of All Trades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Konami wants questions from us Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are you going to post the 20 questions you selected on the forum here today then?
jowy220

Location: highland royal plaza (sleeping in the bed with jilia)
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

will we ever see a pc suiko release??
and how long will it take to see the full stories of all the famous characters in suikoworld?
and why isn't there a going back to the past,like year 1 where is the foundation of all nations
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="jowy220":1ljiqkdj]will we ever see a pc suiko release??
Suikoden 2 was released on the PC
Though I am uncertain if it was an "official Konami" release...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read through all of the questions, and there were a lot of questions that pointed at the same thing. In some cases, I selected similar questions to drive the point, and I added some questions of my own, especially for plot related stuff that has been bugging me. Continuity is obviously at the core of everbody's concern, so a lot of the questions deal with that. The other core problem is promotion of the series outside Japan, especially how Suikoden 3 was never released in PAL regions. Anyhow, here's the 20 questions I tossed to Konami.

Quote:
1. Many Suikoden games worked old save data into bonuses or unlockables in subsequent games. Does the introduction of a hard drive and constant internet access on the latest generation of systems open up any possibilities of similar rewards for long time fans of the series who have played multiple games?

2. Many Suikoden fans fell in love with Hugo, Geddoe, and Chris Lightfellow of Suikoden III for their expressive personalities. Can we expect to see more talkative main characters, or will we see more silent heroes?

3. Many Suikoden fans like Fumi Ishikawa's artwork but do you plan to use her as an artist in future Suikodens? Why isn't her great talent being utilized by Konami (her last work was for Oz)?

4. Chris Lightfellow was a very popular female lead in Suikoden III, Do you think that a female Tenkai Star is possible in the future and what do you think are the challenges to using a women as the main character?

5. If Tierkreis is the future of the series can we expect to get any form of resolution to the unanswered questions of the old series?

6. What made you decide to make a completely new universe to bring in new fans rather than remaking the first Suikoden for one of the current platforms?

7. In the official timeline, it says that Crowley and Mazus had a duel before when they're supposed to have been born. Did they reincarnate? What is the story behind this, or is it an error?

8. The Suikoden series has always had an issue with appeal. There are numerous reasons why the series never really broke out of it's established fanbase with a more mainstream interest, but I think the majority would conclude for the most part it's down to advertising and promotion. Moving the series in a different direction (with Tierkreis, for example) alienates some of the existing fanbase with negligable results. Would then, Konami consider putting more emphasis (and finance) into promotion for the Suikoden series outside of Japan, as its only Role Playing Game franchise and one of the few remaining "traditional" installments of the genre produced today?

9. Many fans have heated debates over what makes a Suikoden game Suikoden, and often refer to to the "Suikoden feel" of a game. Depending on who you talk to it can be the story, the 108 stars of destiny, the true runes/rune system, 6 person battles, or any number of things. What would you consider to be the core qualities of Suikoden? What gives a game that "Suikoden feel?"

10. How does fan feedback factor into the development of the Suikoden games? Is it something that is seriously considered and actively looked for, and if so, has such feedback resulted in tangible changes in game development (examples would be appreciated)?

11. Japanese fans and fans around the world generally agree that Suikoden 2 was the best Suikoden. Why haven't you tried to build on that success by creating a direct sequel instead of setting the game in the distant future / past or in completely other worlds?

12. Why did you choose to set Tierkreis is an alternate and seemingly unrelated world when one of the major reasons fans appreciate the series so much are the connecting stories, characters, locations, etc. Is it just to attract new fans? And if so, why would you want to use an unrelated game (story wise) as an entry point to the series for new comers, when, if they decide to become more involved in the series they'll have to immerse themselves in the original story line and locations anyway? And are you not worried that this will just drive away old fans?

13. What are the plans for the next Suikoden game? When can we expect Suikoden VI? (Generally speaking.)

14. Given the apparent demand for Suikoden I and II, why was the PSP version overlooked for release outside of Japan?

15. Are there any further possibilities of future installments similar to Suikoden Tactics (Rhapsodia) and Genso Suikogaiden, that flesh out events mentioned in the Suikoden timeline (such as Hikusaak and the rise of the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia, The Scarlet Moon Empure Succession War between Barbarossa Rugner and Geil Runger, Higheast Rebellion, etc.)

16. Was there any reason behind characters and other objects being named after Zoroastrian mythology in Suikoden V?

17. Any thoughts on changing the franchise name (Suikoden) outside Japan to something that the average buyer might relate to a little easier? It has to have one of the most confusing to pronounce, difficult to promote names of any game? What's the benefit to that versus the "Water Margin" or "Stars of Destiny 1-5"?

18. Will any future installments include any fun side games like that seen in S2 - like the cooking competition?

19. Are you considering remaking Suikoden I and II? Suikoden I and II would look pretty amazing in HD, with crisp and sharp graphics (keep it in sprites), bright and exciting colours and of course HD size.

20. Why was Suikoden III not released in Europe (PAL) and is there ever going to be a chance for European gamers to play the game?
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden III never making it to Europe was a big deal back then and still has an effect on a lot of Europeans now, it is a good question to ask Vex. :)
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the whole Suikoden 3 not being released in PAL thing is something that shouldn't be ignored, so that question seemed to make sense.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Konami wants questions from us Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great work. I am really impressed with the questions. Can't wait to see how or if they actually answer all of them. Thanks Vex.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As you can see, a number of questions basically hammer at the same problem. Why did they set Tierkreis in a completely different world with a complete redesign of the game system itself (such as the weapons system), making it seem like a completely different franchise altogether, when fans have always been voicing their desire for continuity. Just wanted to make sure they get that message loud and clear.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Ujitsuna":miy3li6c]Suikoden III never making it to Europe was a big deal back then and still has an effect on a lot of Europeans now, it is a good question to ask Vex. :)

Sorry to be pedantic but it's a pet hate when people cheapen the PAL label to just Europe considering that Oceania is attempting to become a more viable option for sales and has increased its consumption of goods in terms of interactive entertainment. Really it's a pretty pathetic framework with the US being the chief NTSC distributor but being within close proximity to the west in terms of distribution whereas with PAL distribution is basically all over the globe from Europe, so I feel it just cheapens the label.

1041 Potch
5 Soldiers
687 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Konami wants questions from us Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My only wish is to know whether they plan to build onto the original storyline.

Then I'll at least know whether to even bother playing newly released titles.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: