Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Konami wants questions from us
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Konami wants questions from us Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For a couple of weeks I have been talking with a konami representative (they contacted me) about promoting Tierkreis on this site. As a part of the promotion, they want to have us ask the Suikoden development team 20 questions. This is a rich opportunity, obviously... we have to make sure we ask answerable questions that also satisfy age-old questions.

For example, questions like "What is Pesmerga and Yuber's relationship" would likely just be brushed off, because it's one of those crucial questions to the core plot of Suikoden (or so said Murayama). Questions like "How did Rulodia end up inside the Tinto Mines" would be kind of too insignificant to ask as well.

Also, the current Suikoden development team may not know much about older sequels, such as Suikoden II, so questions centering on Suikoden stuff from recent games would likely get a better answer.

Questions like "Why did Murayama leave Konami" would obviously go unanswered as well, so don't ask that sort of question. I think a good question though would be "We like Fumi Ishikawa's artwork but do you plan to use her as an artist in future Suikodens?" because she does still work for Konami.

Anyhow, please ask a bunch of questions in this thread. I'll simply choose 20 of the ones that I think have the best chance getting answered, and I'll send that over to Konami on whatever day they set as a deadline (they haven't told me yet).

On another note... they'll send me a free copy of Tierkries so I can review it and post my assessment on this site, along with other Suikoden goodies! Whee! I did inform them they really need to reprint Suikoden 2 though, it's long overdue!
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a few:

The Narcissist characters have been decreasing in importance throughout the Suikoden series (one of the two narcissist characters Milich Oppenheimer being a primary character in Suikoden I, Suikoden V having only a single unimportant female narcissist, and no narcissist character present in Suikoden Tierkries). We often find their presence to be an original aspect to the series and often also welcome splash of colour and comic relief. Do you plan on reintroducing prominent narcissists into future titles?

The trinity sight system from Suikoden III received rave reviews from critics in the past due to it's originality and depth of story line. Do you plan on using multi-perspective story telling in any future Suikoden games?

Many Suikoden games worked old save data into bonuses or unlockables in subsequent games. Does the introduction of a hard drive and constant internet access on the latest generation of systems open up any possibilities of similar rewards for long time fans of the series who have played multiple games?

Branching dialogue choices have been a part of Suikoden since the early games in the series. It is refreshing not to be limited to too many "But thou must" dialogue loops created from false choices. Besides the ability to recruit or miss the 108 stars, there are other examples such as in Suikoden V when we saw a behind the scenes "likeable points" system which made choices have impact on future cinematics. Are there any plans to build upon this flexible and interactive system in future Suikoden titles?

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Will we see more of the nations of the first two Suikoden games, or are the newer games going to reach out to more remote areas of the Suikoden world?

Will newer Suikoden games experiment with innovative battle systems like those of other modern RPGs, or will they stick to the traditional Suikoden system?

Many of the villains in the newer games have aroused the sympathy of the fans and some have even acted with good intentions. Will we ever see another Luca Blight?

Will the Genso Suikogaiden games be translated at some point? Will more of these games be made?

Many Suikoden fans fell in love with Hugo, Geddoe, and Chris Lightfellow of Suikoden III for their expressive personalities. Can we expect to see more talkative main characters, or will we see more silent heroes?
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it likely we'll see a return to the traditional Suikoden style game after Tierkreis?
Jack of All Trades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Konami wants questions from us Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor, I would like to add a tough question. I won't be rude but it is a question that needs to be asked and I hope you'll have the fortitude to not make this easy on them. Here goes.

1. I think there is one important question in every Suikoden Fan's mind. The first three entries in the Suikoden Franchise have a contiguous and continuous plot with reoccuring characters and carried over plot threads. The past four entries in the Suikoden series have deviated from that with prequels and now a story in a parallel universe. It seems as if the powers that be are intentionally avoiding storylines that progress Suikoden's continuity, instead giving us stories that expand all ready existing knowledge or in the case of Tierkreis avoiding it all together. I haven't played Tierkreis and I'm not judging it, but if given the choice I'd rather have a game that expands the existing continuity in some manor. Are you or Konami intentionally avoiding progressing the story's continuity into the future, if so is that decision a personal choice or a larger company decision, if not will we ever see a story that takes place after the events of Suikoden III?

2.There is a lot of chatter concerning the series impending cancelation. The reaction to Suikoden Tierkreis has been bittersweet news. Many fans are happy that the series is still alive but many are disapointed in the nature of this game as it is thematically very different from previous games. Fans are afraid that it is a "new direction" for the series. Will we see a Suikoden VI and more importantly will it continue to follow the traditional norms of the series?

3.If Tierkreis is picked up for a sequel, are there any plans for an interdimensional crossover with the main series?

4.Will you tell us more about the connection between the Night Rune and Zerase the self proclaimed daughter of the Night Rune?
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
"We like Fumi Ishikawa's artwork but do you plan to use her as an artist in future Suikodens?"

Aw I totally wanted to ask that!...not that I knew the artist name ._.;

gah....I'm drawing blank on any other intelligent q's
besides maybe....

--Were there things that you(/they) wanted to do with the wi-fi capabilities of Tierkreis that in the end had to be "cut" from the final product for one reason or another? And if so...do you think those ideas will ever see the light of day eventually?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(Just coming up with some, good ones, bad ones, some are reworded from others questions I guess...)

1. Suikoden V fleshed out events that were mentioned in the previous games, would you like to continue this trend in the main series or expand on the events of Suikoden V and the new nations mentioned?

2. Many say that you are avoiding games set after the events of Suikoden III due to Murayama's departure and not knowing where the story was suppose to go. Is this true?

(You can remove "due to Murayama's departure and not knowing where the story was suppose to go." if you think that'll get a better response).

3. How did the Queendom of Falena come about being chosen as the setting for Suikoden V and where their other candidates for locations?

4. In Suikdoen Tactics it was revealed that Lino En Kuldes planned to appoint the hero from Suikoden IV as heir to the Kingdom of Obel. Given that he decided to work under Lino En Kuldes after Suikoden IV do you think he would have accepted the offer?

5. Do you think that Suikoden VI should be on the PlayStation 3 exclusively, and what is your general take on cross platform games verses games exclusive to one system?

6. Do you think Victorfan deserves Rahal? (>_> What... I couldn't think of anything...)

7. Chris Lightfellow was a very popular female lead in Suikoden III, Do you think that a female Tenkai Star is possible in the future and what do you think are the challenges to using a women as the main character?

8. Every game seems to introduce more species to the game, What animal would you like to see become bipedal and talking in future Suikodens?

9. Is Suikoden Tierkreis integral to the froward moving plot of Suikoden as a whole?

10. Many people enjoy the anime style openings of the Suikoden games, do you think that a anime of Suikoden is a feasible idea and what do you think some challenges to making such a thing would be?

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Tierkreis is the future of the series can we expect to get any form of resolution to the unanswered questions of the old series?

What made you decide to make a completely new universe to bring in new fans rather than remaking the first Suikoden for one of the current platforms?

Anything you'd like to say to the fans that feel like you sold out the soul of Suikoden with Tierkreis?

Last edited by Raww Le Klueze on Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jack of All Trades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Raww Le Klueze":2vt7mkhg]If Tierkreis is the future of the series can we expect to get any form of resolution to the unanswered questions of the old series?

You've hit the nail on the head.\
Darkbeat

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Konami wants questions from us Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Suikoden series has always had an issue with appeal. There are numerous reasons why the series never really broke out of it's established fanbase with a more mainstream interest, but I think the majority would conclude for the most part it's down to advertising and promotion. Moving the series in a different direction (with Tierkreis, for example) alienates some of the existing fanbase with negligable results. Would then, Konami consider putting more emphasis (and finance) into promotion for the Suikoden series outside of Japan, as its only Role Playing Game franchise and one of the few remaining "traditional" installments of the genre produced today?

That and if they plan to have further installments on the standard Suiko-verse continuity, but that's already been asked by like...everyone XD
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Will we see Tierkries being playable in any of the Playstation console in the future?
ie. something like Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, from GBA to PS2

What choice or decision made that reinforces the release of a Suikoden game (Tierkries) to another console besides Playstation? Would there be more Suikoden games released on other consoles?
(If this is too private, that is, related to company's decision or whatever it is, please exclude it from your decision Vex thanks!)
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Raww Le Klueze":3n7tf6f8]If Tierkreis is the future of the series can we expect to get any form of resolution to the unanswered questions of the old series?

A much better version of my question. :)
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Konami wants questions from us Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Many fans have heated debates over what makes a Suikoden game Suikoden, and often refer to to the "Suikoden feel" of a game. Depending on who you talk to it can be the story, the 108 stars of destiny, the true runes/rune system, 6 person battles, or any number of things. What would you consider to be the core qualities of Suikoden? What gives a game that "Suikoden feel?"

How does fan feedback factor into the development of the Suikoden games? Is it something that is seriously considered and actively looked for, and if so, has such feedback resulted in tangible changes in game development (examples would be appreciated)?

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Korgeta

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Konami wants questions from us Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well here's mine:

If Tierkreis is ultimately succseful will it mean a permeant change of direction of the series? Follwing the progress of the series after the third installment (SIII) recorded events of the game have been random and it should be noted that the returning characters of viki and jeane were of cameo apperances then of any continuinity to their stories. For that reason, is Tierkeris the break away from the old franchise? There seems to be a no mention of material related to other suikoden dimensions like the world of emptiness and the abense of characters who relate to such ideas like viki. Will Tierkeris ultimately determine if there should be a continuity of the 'old franchise'?
Piisuke

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Will we ever find out what the deal is between Pesmerga and Yuber, as well as Viki and of course Jeane?

2. Are the games ever going to get a proper promotion, as well as a good releasedate NOT on the same day/before/after a big game, such as Tierkreis being released the day before Dissidia in Japan <_<.

3. Is the series ever going to continue from its roots, or are we stuck in this new Tierkreis world now?

4. Viktor and Flik?

5. Considering it took you 2 years to announce a spin-off to the franchise. How important is Tierkreis for you and what affect will its sales have on the future of Suikoden?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: