Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Voice Acting
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Voice Acting Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/Nadistu/videos/? action=view&current=SupportRamin_.flv:2ihd4hfk]If some of you could only hear what in-game battles sounded like in the Japanese version[/url:2ihd4hfk] And compare to the "localized" in-game battle sounds...You'd be upset as well.

FYI.......that clip^ is not really spoiler...I recorded it (before US/EU vers came out) only to show a friend of mine what Ramin's support does.
[size=85:2ihd4hfk](and sorry for really low "picture" quality...I didn't want to put it on youtube...)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow...way to go Konami. I really wish I was Japanese sometimes...

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The main character talks like the micromachine man.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

though this isn't directly related to the voice acting....since we seem to be talking alot about the Japanese <-> English differences in this thread...there's one more thing I wanted to mention on that note....and that's the cinema/CG movies/videos.........
I thought I was hallucinating or something at first....but now that I've gotten way into the English version of the game...it's gotten rather obvious
THE VIDEO QUALITY OF THE CG SCENES HAS DROPPED IN THE ENGLISH VERSION

I even went back and double-checked...comparing the same scene against each other several times...
.....it may not be as noticeable in some scenes compared to others...but I definitely believe I saw more pixelation in English vs the Japanese...
8-) but decide for yourself if you want to believe me or not...there's no way I could really show people unless they were standing right next to me...and I also don't have perfect eyesight *has to wear glasses* but I still think I saw a definite difference in quality...however small it was.....
And now I apologize for the slight-off-topicness, and take my leave xp......

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Travito":wlse1tjb]I really only have a problem with the main character, he talks ninty miles a minute and it takes away from the story

I don't really care one bit about Japanese vs. English voice acting and I really don't have any issues with the voices themselves, but I also agree that the sped up nature of the spoken dialogue can be a bit on the annoying side. I'm not bothered about in battle chatter being removed, as it doesn't really affect the game play or story in any way.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Pinaco

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="MiKeMiTchi":itfr7kvk]I didn't had any problem with the hero after 10+ hours past in the game.
He had the "TALK SLOWER" mark of the star. :D

is that so? i don't really hear any difference though :( maybe i just didn't notice it.

[quote="Ikano":itfr7kvk]
do you mean the Europe ver? or the US one?

actually, i don't really care about the VA, but i don't like Fredegund's crying voice (at 'sisters' scene).
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Pinaco":1x0xbyim][quote="Ikano":1x0xbyim]

do you mean the Europe ver? or the US one? I was referring to the US version...I have no idea about the Eur version since I don't have it....

......though the two versions (US & EUR) are supposed to be identical...or so I heard... *shrug*

kyura

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Pinaco":2d75rlx2]
actually, i don't really care about the VA, but i don't like Fredegund's crying voice (at 'sisters' scene).

yeah.. A bit ruin the feel about the sisters reunion... But doing voice act wasn't an easy thing... So I really appriciate it, it avoid me from crying though... =D
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also was confused by the hero talking like he was trying to keep up with the text bubbles, but he either calmed down by the later lines or I just got used to it. I think now that I like that as an aspect of his personality - he's brash, overstated and likes to say what he thinks before thinking it. Talking at 90 miles an hour fits that personality, he just blurts stuff out.

To be honest I'm mainly glad he's not another silent protaganist. Sucks about the battle voices but I play muted a lot of the time anyway so its not that big a deal.

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a feeling his early dialogue was sped up after it was recorded, probably to reduce space on the game for other things.

I like the hero's voice work though. Aside from the sped-up dialogue in the first few hours, it's pretty good.

^Actual quote!
kyura

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Admiral Ackbar":1uf7hpx5]I have a feeling his early dialogue was sped up after it was recorded,....

yeah.. I think so... It just like what happened when I'm doing some editing on my audio works...
And I like the hero's voice to0...
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Voice Acting Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My biggest issue with the Hero's voice specifically though wasn't the fact that it was fast....but that it lacked any feeling......

every other english voice actor in Tierkreis was fine in that aspect but the Hero's felt rather monotonous the whole way through.

Whoever did his voice doesn't deserve to voice act in the future...imo

Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have the opposite opinion. I think the Hero's voice is awesome, easily the best in the game once you get passed the sped-up dialogue in the beginning.

Definitely better than the overly dramatic and cartoonish voice acting of Suikoden 4 and 5.

^Actual quote!
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the English voice for the Hero was actually suitable for him. He sounded young, carefree, and sounded like someone from a country background, which fits his character quite nicely. I think his speed talking was a result of the editing. It was annoying at first, but I got used to it, and there was more feeling from the VA later on.
There are of course some voices I didn't like. Roberto for one, I thought his voice was too childish. But maybe that was just me. There were also times when some characters like the Prince who talked in a monotone kind of way. Other voices like Artie's I thought were well-done. I even happened to like Dirk's since I thought it suited him. Chordechild(sp?) I thought was well done as well. Well spoken, and very suitable for her.
I think I would of been upset if I played the Japanese version first, since I'll notice there are some things missing, but since I didn't I can live without the extra voices. I do now regret not picking up a copy while I was in Japan though(Not that I would had money left over). However, I like the English version none the less and will continue to play it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: