Suikoden Unique and Informational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tierkreis on PS2?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Suikoden Tierkreis on PS2? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What do you guys think of Suikoden Tierkreis to be made and playable on PS2?
For example, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories was first published and made playable in a Game Boy Advance console and a few years later, they made it playable on a PS2 console.

So, my point is, do you think there would be any chance that Tierkreis be published and playable in a PS2 console? In a PS3 console perhaps?
OR
Would you like to have Tierkreis on a PS2 console? Why? Why not?
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be nice for those who don't have a DS and don't see the pointing of buying one for the sole purpose of Tierkreis. The only snag I can see is, in the case of the GBA Kingdom Hearts game, it took place between the two PS2 Kingdom Hearts games, whereas Tierkreis won't really follow up on any other Suikoden title (as far as I know).

Nonetheless, I'd love for it to see a PS2 release as it would mean I could actually play it without buying a new system. (I wish Sony would put the Emotion Engine back in the PS3 hardware and restore full PS2 support)

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Tierkreis plot focuses heavily on the idea of being able to travel to other worlds (in the case of the DS....depends on it's Wii-Fi capabilities heavily)

Now...the option of actually using the Wii-fi capabilities is totally optional depending on the player that's true.....but I think it would devalue the game abit if all this talk about "characters in the game can travel to multiple worlds"
((fyi....yes the character's DO talk about that ^ ))

but then the feature was TOTALLY absent in the actually game.

Following that line of thinking.....I think it's VERY unlikely that Tierkreis would ever go to the PS2. Unless they drastically changed the story (in which case...why not make a totally different game then?)

PSP and PS3.......maaayyybbeee.....if they figure out a system......but PS2? Nope.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Ikano":d4wuhiib]Now...the option of actually using the Wii-fi capabilities is totally optional depending on the player that's true.....but I think it would devalue the game abit if all this talk about "characters in the game can travel to multiple worlds"
((fyi....yes the character's DO talk about that ^ ))

but then the feature was TOTALLY absent in the actually game.

How do you even use the Wi-fi capabilities? I've tried going into the Corridor to participate in such tasks, but all I get is a message that no connection is detected. Yes, I play from home (the only place I play video games) but, if the whole setup is that you need to be within a certain distance from other people playing the game or in certain areas, it's a fairly useless function.

I could see a potential PS2/3/P version completely eliminating the Wi-fi aspect and "emulating" it so you don't have some annoying message saying to the effect of "You're not in range... NO SUPPORT FOR YOU!" Because, in my case, the feature IS totally absent from the game as I can play it

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

there's 2 ways the wifi works as far as I've seen....
The first is you have to have a wireless router and it will connect online with the "infinity" (which I like to call "wi-fi land")

the 2nd (though I'm a little vague on the second method's details since I haven't really tried it) is stand within several feet of another person with the game

in both cases (though more of the first since-like I said- I haven't tried the second way) you can "hire allies" from another player or "dispatch players" to another player.
when you "hire allies" you receive both their character and a mission you're suppossed to perform/do with that character.
When you're done with that character you can hold onto them (train them or use them to help with plot missions) or send them back before their "dispatch time" runs out.

When you dispatch characters...your character sits somewhere out in [ wi-fi land ] until someone says they'll accept the job that you dispatched them with and attempt to do it....whether someone accepts the job or not....your character will always return after it's dispatch time is up OR if you call it back early.
----------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------
There are some benefits to using the wi-fi stuff of course....and of course it's all optional...

But I still think the game could not possibly go over to the PS2 despite it being an optional feature
((as much as I like the series.... .hack's "emulating" the online world can show how limited the replayability of it's "emulated online" aspect without the use of "really connecting online" can get boring and lame quite fast...))
====

But seriously....I'd rather they spend the time/money to work on Suikoden 6 or a Tierkreis 2 ...(or something else)...rather than waste time remaking [this] Tierkreis for any other consoles..

Tierkreis was good...but I don't think it deserves a remake/port

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Ikano":3kncp9wg]there's 2 ways the wifi works as far as I've seen....
The first is you have to have a wireless router and it will connect online with the "infinity" (which I like to call "wi-fi land")

Yeah, I've got a wireless router and I actually had the DS within two feet of it when I tried to utilize the wi-fi features, but it apparently wasn't too fond of it. Since the DS in question isn't my own system (it's my dad's) I don't know if there's any sort of setup or setting control which I need to do in order for it to recognize the connection.

Quote:
the 2nd (though I'm a little vague on the second method's details since I haven't really tried it) is stand within several feet of another person with the game

This particular option would be the least likely, particularly outside Japan, as it is quite difficult to actually find the game in stores, let alone know people who play it.

Quote:
But seriously....I'd rather they spend the time/money to work on Suikoden 6 or a Tierkreis 2 ...(or something else)...rather than waste time remaking [this] Tierkreis for any other consoles..

Tierkreis was good...but I don't think it deserves a remake/port

I, too, would prefer a proper Suikoden VI to show up on a console but the inclusion of a non-handheld version of Tierkreis as an extra in potential sequel would be a nice idea. The only thing I don't particularly like about Tierkreis is being confined to the size of a DS screen, which isn't Tierkreis' fault so it's not a knock against the game. Considering Tierkreis doesn't really use the dual screen nature of the DS for anything other than character stats and the passage of game time, nor does it appear to feature elements which require exclusive use of the touch screen, it could be easily modified to function as a single screen game.

Plus, it's not unheard of for games which see releases on handhelds to also have a console counterpart and vice versa.

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Elc":3inkjcbd]Yeah, I've got a wireless router and I actually had the DS within two feet of it when I tried to utilize the wi-fi features, but it apparently wasn't too fond of it. Since the DS in question isn't my own system (it's my dad's) I don't know if there's any sort of setup or setting control which I need to do in order for it to recognize the connection.
Yeah you have to do some initial setup with the DS so that it recognizes the router before you can actually use the wi-fi functions

Also there's apparently some compatibility issues with some DS' wi-fi functions and specific router models....

Although I've never had any compatibility issues (despite our house needing to go through 2 or 3 routers during the time I've had my DS)....so I don't know any details about those "issues"....

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Ikano":3tu62rc7][quote="Elc":3tu62rc7]Yeah, I've got a wireless router and I actually had the DS within two feet of it when I tried to utilize the wi-fi features, but it apparently wasn't too fond of it. Since the DS in question isn't my own system (it's my dad's) I don't know if there's any sort of setup or setting control which I need to do in order for it to recognize the connection.
Yeah you have to do some initial setup with the DS so that it recognizes the router before you can actually use the wi-fi functions

Thanks for the tip. I located the configuration stuff and got it taken care of. I'm assuming that, when you send out characters, they're like Cougar in that their equipment and marks can't be changed.

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Elc":b93944hf]Thanks for the tip. I located the configuration stuff and got it taken care of. I'm assuming that, when you send out characters, they're like Cougar in that their equipment and marks can't be changed.
Yeah...when you "hire" another person's chara or send out your own for someone to get they appear all glowy and you can't swap their equipment, weapons, or mark of stars...
They're more like the "other world Marica" though in that...you can use their unite attack with their own doppleganger...
if you know what I mean...

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there any trick necessary to dispatching characters into the Infinity? I can hire allies fine, but if I try to send anybody out, I get a failed mission report the next time I leave the castle for any reason.

jowy220

Location: highland royal plaza (sleeping in the bed with jilia)
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well for ps2 not bad
but how about a suikoden online game
and then all suikoden player can play together and fight each other
well i don't know how it can be but i think it's a great idea
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Elc":m87vc4rx]Is there any trick necessary to dispatching characters into the Infinity? I can hire allies fine, but if I try to send anybody out, I get a failed mission report the next time I leave the castle for any reason.
You mean you get a failed mission report immediately after sending them?
Any characters I send out at least stay in the infinity until their time runs out at least ((and when they return it's marked as failed....but I reckon that's because there are too many requests that some of them --cept the first 30 or so-- never even appear to other players...))

*as an attempt to stay on the original thread's topic*
Still don't believe it would go on the PS2 if it wanted to use "online capabilities"...my PS2 can't go online....why not aim for next-gen consoles all of which have online capabilities anyhow.

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Ikano":iwck40nz][quote="Elc":iwck40nz]Is there any trick necessary to dispatching characters into the Infinity? I can hire allies fine, but if I try to send anybody out, I get a failed mission report the next time I leave the castle for any reason.
You mean you get a failed mission report immediately after sending them?
I can accept a job and send out the required character; Yod, for instance, in the "Invention Inspiration" mission and they will appear in the Infinity and Wahie tells me they've gotten through all right. Then I'll leave the Corridor and, for example, decide to go to a dungeon to level somebody up, but as soon as I reach the map screen, a message pops up saying Yod has returned. When I check with Moana, I get a failed mission report. The mission then reappears on the mission list in the Corridor.

I am perplexed as I don't have problems hiring and using other players, it's just when I try to initiate my own missions that it tends to fail without, well, fail.

Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="jowy220":qlg2028j]well for ps2 not bad
but how about a suikoden online game
and then all suikoden player can play together and fight each other
well i don't know how it can be but i think it's a great idea

Despite having it as a great idea, it would probably very limited to how many characters that each players can play. ie. We're not gonna have 2 of the same Rious are we?
Nonetheless, if they wouldn't mind having 10000 Lazlos and 30000 Freyjadours, it's a mad idea! :D
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only way I could see a Suikoden MMORPG work and still be Suikoden is for players to take on less glamorous roles, such as shopkeeper, blacksmith, etc. If you are going to keep with 108 Stars of Destiny, there's no way to accomodate thousands of players who may want to play the pivotal roles, unless there were numerous servers each containing their own individual game.

Another potential idea is to treat it like the Suikoden games tend to do. Some Stars come and go as their roles in a particular conflict comes to an end. The only downside I can really see is concerning those who like to play the games at their own pace, they might log in to find the story they are involved in has progressed significantly and have missed a fair bit.

[quote="Flamo Bringer":13rnsif8]Nonetheless, if they wouldn't mind having 10000 Lazlos and 30000 Freyjadours, it's a mad idea!

If they modeled a MMORPG after Tierkreis, it's not such an outrageous concept. With the exception of the hero and support characters, it's quite possible to have two identical characters in the party at once

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: