Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

"WHY?" you asked?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: "WHY?" you asked? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone ever wondered WHY Suikoden Tierkreis had to be made in a DS console instead of a Playstation console?
Because I DO and I thought that making it in a DS console could further make Suikoden unknown...
Well, there might be different opinions on this, for example my cousin said that they distribute this particular Suikoden game to the DS so that the other Suikoden games in PS1 and PS2 would be well-known and it would give them more popularity.

Your thoughts?
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably just testing to see how much of the Suikoden fanbase stands on the Nintendo-side of the 3-way video game wars (if you know what I mean...)
before they finally decide what console S6 should go to?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Console userbases change. I went from PSX -> PS2/GBA -> DS/Wii for my main consoles. Just look at all the PS2 games that are getting sequels on DS. FFXII -> FFXII Revenant Wings. Dragon Quest VIII -> Dragon Quest IX. Contra games -> Contra 4. GTA 3/VC/SA -> GTA Chinatown Wars. Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 -> Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days. Metal Slug series -> Metal Slug 7. Shadow of Destiny -> Time Hollow. Shining Force games -> Shining Force Feather. Valkyrie Profile 2 -> Valkyrie Profile DS. Suikoden Tierkreis is just in a long line of games and especially RPGs going from PS2 to DS.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, Shining Force Feather? Is it going to be an SRPG (as would be a better fit on a DS, and would be awesome), or it another Action RPG?

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Sami, few people stick with one line of products from one company for so long, apart from maybe the hard core "fan boys", but I don't think too many Suikoden fans fall into the Sony "fan boy" description.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: