Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Exit Fate
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

Potch
Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Exit Fate Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know many of you remember Last Scenario, which was a very fantastic indie RPG released by a Suikoden fan over at a forum called Final Fantasy Gurus. That was a pretty traditional classic role playing game.

Well, he has just released a new RPG, which has a style rooted in the early Suikoden games. Exciting, right! He's really a wonderful game maker, so check this one out. You just have to download the zip file, unzip, and click it open to play!

Here is the game in the creator's own words:

Quote:
Some of you may remember when I released Last Scenario, almost two years ago. Not long afterwards I post a short demo of a new game, Exit Fate. Well, it's taken a while, but it's finally finished. Like Last Scenario, this is a full-length RPG created with RPGMaker XP. Everything in the game apart from the sound, music and tilesets are my own work.

This time, however, the game is based more on the Suikoden series of games. This means that there are a LOT of characters to recruit for your army (75 in total), and that there are strategic war battles throughout the game. For those who are familiar with the Suikoden games though, I should point out a few important differences:

1) There is no time limit for any of the characters. It's impossible to permanently miss anyone.

2) There is a reward for obtaining all characters, but it will be obvious what it's going to be, and you're not required to get it before any specific point in the game.

Here's the SA thread which has some technical information, and the link to download the game!
[url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?th readid=3075800:3u0l1nlu]CLICK ME[/url:3u0l1nlu]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

Potch
Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I downloaded it yesterday, and from the 5 (or so) hours I already put into it, the game is quite good. It reminds me of Suikoden II (partially because he uses quite a few maps that are from that game), and I mean it in a good way. I need to play this game less, mainly because I don't want to beat it too soon.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

Potch
Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, you've played even more than I've had the chance to. ^^ I've played about 3 hours in, and I can confidently say that if you've been longing for a game that feels like a classic Suikoden, then definitely check this out.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AA

Spears of the Sand

Potch
Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yay at last! Been waiting for this to be finished for ages since i played the demo version :D I shall download at the weekend!

Thanks for posting it Gil <3
Zaleria

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I downloaded it. I've been playing for more than three hours when suddenly an error occured. Is this an isolated case?

It's on the part where [spoiler:nn9wmvna]Daniel was taken hostage by the Highland separatists[/spoiler:nn9wmvna]

Btw, thanks for the link Gil-galad. I like the game.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
TruePerception

Blind Eye

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been playing it, too. I've logged more hours so far, but I'm not as far as you yet, Zal. How many people do you have? I've got 9, including Daniel. I've also bought the poison, though I've found no use for it yet. The only thing that bugs me so far is how flagrantly things were ripped from Suikoden II.

[spoiler:1iwhd1c6]Aside from the obvious tile sets, most of the towns are minor edits of Suikoden II towns, majority of the music so far is from Suikoden II (although, I've also heard a few from Suikoden V and Chrono Trigger), "Highland", the whole uncooperative state union thing, and a lot of the story elements are minor edits of Suikoden II elements. Hmm... I should spoiler tag this.[/spoiler:1iwhd1c6]

Hopefully, the above gets better as I get farther into the game. I must also say, the character artwork in the game is fantastic. Especially, considering it was all done by one guy.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Kain

Desert Claw

Potch
Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i downloaded it...

and play it about 2 hour.. to me be this game better than last scenario...

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="TP":3ubfnsnf]I've been playing it, too. I've logged more hours so far, but I'm not as far as you yet, Zal. How many people do you have? I've got 9, including Daniel.

[spoiler:3ubfnsnf]I have 12 or more (I think. I have 8 in my travelling party and there are many excesses) and I have a castle. My characters are already near level 20. The problem is that an error occurred while I was saving my game and my game file got corrupted. Unfortunately, I'm not the type of gamer to make many files so that means I'll be forced to start from the beginning.[/spoiler:3ubfnsnf]

The huge similarity of graphics with Suikoden doesn't bother me, I like it. I haven't played Suikoden II in such a long time that anything that reminds me of it is positively received. I got confused with how the magic system worked at first though.

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P

Last edited by Zaleria on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
TruePerception

Blind Eye

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, that's another thing. I wish you could maintain a pool of MP, so that you could start the battle slinging spells. Fighting the slime monsters was kinda annoying because I had to wait 3 or 4 of the elf's turns to kill them, even though it took but one spell to do so :roll:

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Kain

Desert Claw

Potch
Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

btw..

this game got walkthrough .. im stuck before the highland event

Flame of the West

Potch
Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some of the minor story elements are ripped from Suikoden II, for sure, but the core storyline is definitely all original, and very, very good. :) Once you get later in the game, you get more used to the MP system, and there a character (at least one character) that has a special move that gets around that.

Jack of All Trades

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Exit Fate Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really excited to try it out but I don't want it to influence the suikoden rmxp game I'm working on.

Last edited by Jack of All Trades on Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

Potch
Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He did in his initial post.

Damn guy went and changed my character name without getting input from me. Unacceptable!

~Uguu!~
Shad

Midnight

Potch
Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This topic needs more love and candy.
Zaleria

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have finished the game. I love it and I hope there's a sequel. My only problem is that I didn't find the final boss too engaging..

Is Last Scenario as good as this one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: