Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 6 - The Beginning

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Suikoden 6 - The Beginning Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Been years since I played my first Genso Suikoden; n missing so much with it! With all hopes and speculations on Suiko 6, I guess, IMO, I would like to see Konami backtrack to where it all starts! I wanna know everything, every single tiny thing that is about Suikoden, I wanna see n play McDohl again cos he has Soul Eater, right? I wanna see n play Nanami, the Prince n other True-runers battling each other for their own causes!!! It would be like the holder of True Runes are brought back to the beginning.....thru a time-tunnel kinda thing happening in the world of Suikoden, courtesy of the Dimension Rune.
So, folks, whaddaya say?
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It sounds like an idea I had a long time ago for Final Fantasy X (obviously, before Square had even considered the game). Honestly, though, I don't think it would make for a good game. It would just be too much fan service, and it wouldn't do anything to further the Suikoden world, since they are not even in the right times or regions. Perhaps they could use a "Dimension Rune", or Rune of The Ages as someone else on this site put it, and use a new Tenkai, or main party, that gets pulled into the past to some major historical war. I also think that McDohl's story is done. Sure there is more he can do, but the is nothing that needs closure. We don't need to know what happened to him and Gremio after the Dunan Unification War. Atleast, not so much that we need them in a new game. I think a short entry in a new Shinso (I know I'm getting that name wrong; the Suikoden japanese info books) would suffice.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Post Dunan Unification Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Point taken, Tir McDohl has his story but the Soul Eater; I mean, does every Tenkai who holds a True Rune just then vanish into thin air? Not the one who holds Soul Eater, right? The fact that Konami picked this Rune for a start may have a hint of recurring role in the Suikoden universe. And I quite disagree when you say this would only be fan service, I mean, that's what a game is supposed to be doing, no? Satisfying the hunger of the fan base while sustaining creative storyline altogether! I go for a new Tenkai but still the question remains: does True Rune holder lead immortal lives? Guess not, except for the bearer of the Soul Eater. Correct me if I'm wrong, tho.
As for the right time or regions, isn't this very issue of Suikoden universe with its Stars of Destiny? It's still the same world of Suikoden, unless you're trying to tell me that Suikoden II, III, IV and V have nothing to do with the Genso Suikoden where and when Tir played his role? The whole ordeal of the battle between chaos and stagnation would serve as the basic premise and not just the issue of who is right or wrong; to this, Suikoden universe should (or, should I say, "must"?) have the underpinning issue to hold on to. So it is not only "back to the future" kinda thing, but having Tir play another role in the next gen Suikoden would even further the Suikoden world.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I meant the characters being in their correct times and regions, not the story. I don't mind the story taking place back then (whenever that may be). Thus, why I said a new Tenkai in that situation would work. Also, people don't tend to like too much fan service. It gets boring if things aren't changed. And, yes, true rune bearers do live as immortals, but they may die by mortal wound, and maybe illness, though it is assumed that they will heal from any disease, or atleast survive it. So, if Tir were not killed, he would live forever, though chances are he would someday relinquish his rune to live a normal life.

boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: it gets boring if things aren't changed Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What changes? Suikoden revolves around 108 SoDs and the role of True Runes in forming these 36 Heaven and 72 Earth stars. A new Tenkai is born followed by his other SoDs.
A new plot, new twists may work in a story where we have recurring roles and even cameos. I mean, why not start out with one of the SoDs but the Tenkai. By doing so, we can have different perspectives on how the Tenkai acts. It would be like, going back to the origin of Suikoden being based on Shui Hu Zhuan's classic, playing as one of the Tiger Generals; therefore, as player, we need to be able to finish the Tenkai storyline by fulfilling our duties as the Generals. Our Tenkai will act upon the acomplishment we make. Endings, well, that will also depend on how we, as Tiger Generals, fulfill duties. Conflicting issues between these 5 Tiger Generals would play important roles in ensuring multiple endings.
Up till S5, our Tenkai plays rather a puppet-like commander following orders from Lucretia. Same thing with previous Tenkai. So, why not change this?
Oh, we can still play as the Tenkai with new game plus. How's that, TruePerception?
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's my point. If we reused places and main characters, it wouldn't be fresh. Each Suikoden should be it's own game, set within the same world (or, atleast, relatively; as is the case with Tierkreis).

As for the rest of that, qua? It could just be that I'm tired, but none of that made much sense, and it didn't seem to fit the topic at hand, unless you were offering a brand new idea. And as for featuring a non-Tenkai, we've done it before. (read: Suikoden III) Really, though, I don't think "returning to our roots" in any form would be good for the series. Granted, straying too far from it is not the answer, either.

boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: back to the topic Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yikes, you got me there...yep, it was off topic, I guess. So, your point of "returning to our roots" not good enough for the series, hmmm,..we have been bombarded (happily, of course) by the series for over 10 years, and for the last 10 over years, I see none but recurring events and similar shades of places, just with different faces. I reaaaallyy think it is about time we returned to our roots! To clear some untouched stones, to enlighten us, fans, with new discoveries - this would be the whole theme in Suikoden 6 - The Beginning. The time just after the shattered pieces become runes and discovered by Sindar, perhaps, of their hidden power. And how the Sindar make use of the power to build technology and all. And how by then the curse of the rune starts meddling with the lives, affecting the bearers, and....baaam, there you go, one tries to get hold of the supreme True Runes and ta-daaaaa, 108 Stars of Destiny start rolling. Whaddaya say?
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm fine with just learning these things via old books and legends in the new games. The past is the past. Not to mention, not knowing whether the "Creation Myth" holds any truth or not actually keeps it interesting, to an extent. Granted, I would still play it if Suikoden x (as a variable) took place in the past (afterall, I am going to play Tierkreis), but I would not prefer it. I would prefer it to just move along, as it has.

boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: to just move along Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, moving along does not mean going straight line all the time, don't you think? (and to think that you stated "it gets boring if things aren't changed) I mean, we all move along our lives by some past finding to go on with our lives. I don't see any reason why Suikoden series, in any way possible, can only move along in a linear kinda way. Yes, Konami can always come up with Suiko X, as you put it, but the real saga of chaos and stagnation can always move along with twists and turns. This would even stir more interest, like let's say Viki in fact has a brother Vikario who has been watching everything from the beginning but not taking part in anything then starts meddling with our Tenkai.
So going back to my idea of Suikoden 6 - The Beginning, this one should open up (just a bit, or a bit more) links and/or connections of past and present, of how the present day Tenkai somehow is sucked into dimensional gate due to overuse of True Runes in Suiko world. This, the way I see it, still fits your "each Suikoden has to be its own game" plot. I, too, want each Suikoden is a Suikoden, not just a bliss from the past, a mere shadow of repetition, a remake of such. The Beginning should explore a new territory with a new Tenkai n True Rune with new twists and turns. That, I said it, "turns" which could always mean "the past links", "going back" or "reshaping the future".
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who said anything about a straight line? Sure Suikoden II was in the bordering country of suikoden, almost immediately following. And, sure Suikoden III continued that northward motion to Zexen/Grasslands, after a longer period. Then, it jumped way into the past to Suikoden IV, and in the Island Nations, way to the south, and barely even referenced, only then to jump to Falena, which had been heavily anticipated, jumping to just prior to Suikoden I's timeframe. That doesn't look like a straight line.

It just seems like you are trying real hard to tie together all your favorite fanficcy ideas and make them work. Bring back Tir and Soul Eater, the birth of the runes, "Vikario", linking together past games in one. If Konami were to actually do something of this sort, a lot of people would lose interest. We would gain no new fans from such an indeavor, and we would probably lose some, since it would seem like Konami could not draw up new impetus within the series. I think what you want is to write a fanfic or RP.

boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Ooops Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, I never want to write a fanfic for my Suikoden, let others do it, anyway, back to your saying that I was trying real hard to make my Tir n his Soul Eater back, no..this is simply one of the ideas that I thought might work and I always keep an open mind of what actually may take place in Suikoden 6 - The Beginning. It could be any new Tenkai that we all can love (or hate maybe).
When you say 'a lot pf people would lose interest', IMO, we'll never know. New impetus you said, well, everything about Suikoden series is new force, new drive! Cos the Stars of Destiny, none other. This, alone, could generate new paths, new findings, new twists n twigs...I never give up on Suikoden! At least, with Suikoden 6 - The Beginning, Konami would open up a bit of past, we have had Suikoden secrets for years, I wouldn't see why fans would not love to find out just a bit of the past.
And again, no, True, I never want to write a fanfic. I simply want to play my Suikoden again n again.
iGeorg_Prime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: ok after you strayed us away... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well for sure we wanna advance the story form Suiko 3 right? I mentioned in another post about using flashbacks instead of dedicating an entire game to it would really help the series move forward but be able to jump to the past at the same time. And, you also wanna have recurring characters too....this flashback might help some.

Anyways, my theory, is that we want to find out more of Suikoverse's many mysteries but we for sure wanna know about Harmonia but not too much because we wanna have more games to play in the future. I'm thinking what would be an appropriate setting to incorporate all this. WE could either start fresh with a new tenkai like every game or go safe with an existing character or even go the S3 route and do a trinity system (imao, the most wise to add replay value). WE have a choice as to whether add a new location or stay safe with a familiar but improved location. What is the story gonna have as a theme? Yes, i know Suikoden is about the Water margin but each game has its mini theme. I for sure know that as the game progresses it will become more dark and compelling. It will be a more adult game than not but with some mild "child themes" to not lose younger fans. i'd like to know something too about the beginning but not too much as to spoil the whole purpose of Suikoden. The beginning could be expanded more via Suikogaidens, comics, and other paraphernalia.
blah1017

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd just really like Konami to actually make a Suikoden 6...

And I think Harmonia should be saved for the end, I want to see the Western Continent.
iGeorg_Prime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="blah1017":2vab2kpm]I'd just really like Konami to actually make a Suikoden 6...

And I think Harmonia should be saved for the end, I want to see the Western Continent.

I'm starting to think that Harmonia REALLY won't be the LAST game or at least the last location. I think Harmonia is like a mask to an even greater evil which we will have yet to find out about. *suspense music plays*
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: