Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Game for RMXP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack of All Trades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Suikoden Game for RMXP Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikogaishi

Like every official Suikoden game before it, this is going to be a very big game. I'll go into the specifics of this project a little bit later, but because of the sheer size of the game, we are looking for anybody with RMXP experience to help us create this game. It does not matter what you are good at as long as you can provide a sample of your work, or if you can cook something up real fast, we can find something for you to do.

We are looking for a Lead Mapper. Someone with experience with ripping and arranging tiles and someone who can coordinate and delegate mapping duties between other mappers.

We are also looking for another Scripter. We'd like to recreate the Passive Skill System from Suikoden 3 and to take some of the burden off of our main scipter. It doesn't matter if you are familiar with Suikoden 3's Passive Skill System I can help you sort things out.

Eventually, we are going to need to find another anime style animator.

If you have any other skills that could be useful. We'd love to hear from you.

Story

Our game takes place between 446 - 448 SY. It takes place during the War of Succession where in the Scarlet Moon Empire. The crown prince Barbarossa's father Michelan has died and his Uncle Geil bribes several nobles to rename him the successor instead, throwing the entire region into a bloody civil war. This brutal civil war leaves the Empire vulnerable to invasion from surrounding countries and some very tough decisions from our protagonists.

Protagonists

Barbarossa Rugner
The crown prince of the Scarlet Moon Empire. Unlike most protagonists, Barbarossa's story is darker. We watch Barbarossa develop from an Ideal driven man of untold integrity and strength degenerate into a man of questionable moral values, willing to sacrifice the Empire he fought so hard for a vague glimpse at the life he lost during the very war that brought him into power.

Teo McDohl
Before Teo became the man of unwavering loyalty who would live or die by the word of his master he was very different. Teo became one of the Great Generals because of his combat prowess and ability to command during war. However, at the beginning of the story Teo is unable to trust anyone both above him or below he questions his superiors, he blithely disobeys orders, and puts himself at risk doing tasks that he should be trusting to underlings.

Odessa Silverberg
A lot of people ask me how she fits into this storyline. To be honest I didn't really know at first. I just tried something and it worked. Like many main characters of the Suikoden Universe her placement in the story is very circumstantial. Odessa is the standard Suikoden hero's journey character, except she isn’t a silent protagonist. She has actually been a pleasure to write. She makes for a strong, clever, female leader character and keeps me from having to force Teo and Barbarossa into roles that they as characters don't really fit into. Odessa’s journey as a character is that of the reluctant hero who becomes more than she ever thought she could be.

Gremio
Gremio, is a main character who really shines in this game. Gremio is tough to explain in this story. His is a story of unconventional fatherhood that contrasts with Teo McDohl.

Georg Prime
Georg is one of those flawless characters. I'm trying to show a side of naivety of a younger Georg Prime. His story is that of a bad ass lone-wolf samurai story filled with romance and love. Except it also combines him with the role of wise mentor of a typical hero's journey (think Gandalf).

Battles
Our game is going to have 3 battles engines.

Standard Battles: My scripter is currently hard at work recreating the battle system from Suikoden 2, but updating it with elements from suikoden 5 like party member swapping and formations. Also we are some interactive options for multiple swings when attacking that are going to give the Suikoden's Battle system a much needed Update. I should also mention that we are going to keep a close eye on combat balance and game difficulty in our game. More importantly, Luke is creating the system in an isometric environment, which means it will use 3D backgrounds with 2D sprites. He's also figured out how to replicate the zooming and rotating camera. Its going to be so pretty.

Duels: We are going to be implementing a new Duel System. Its going to be a rock-paper-scissors with clues game. It is going to be timed the way the battles in Suikodend 5 are and we may do an advantage meter like in Suikoden 3. Its going to take advantage of the same isometric environment that the standard battle system uses but we are going to open up the angles more for the Character Duals. These battlers will have front and back facing sprites. Its going to be simpler but prettier.

Tactical Combat: We are using GTBS to do war. Its going to be similar to the Suikoden 2 battle system. Except we plan to update it and add several new functions to it. Whats even better though is the guy who invented it GubiD, is on hand to make sure that we can take full use of it and make minor customizations as needed.

Headquarters

Our game will take full advantage of the growing castle that we've seen in previous games. In fact their will be not one but two headquarters. The first will be Pannu Yakuta. Its a smaller headquarters but it will grow once from its initial size. The second headquarters will be the entire town and castle at Gregminster. Since Barbarossa had to rebuild it after the Succession War, it makes perfect sense for it to expand and grow.

Finally, check out the Stars of Destiny List here: [url=http://www.duefiumi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&am p;t=1241&p=37228#p37228:1achp28e]http://www.duefiumi.com/forum/view topic.ph...;p=37228#p37228[/url:1achp28e]. I need people to find as many plot holes and continuity glitches as possible, its an invitation to point out every flaw in the list of characters. Please note, that I will probably try to find a plausible way to make it work. I'll also encourage you to help me find these work-arounds too.
Jack of All Trades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I updated the original post. It has got a lot more information in it now. Please not that I'm only going to do one Stars of Destiny List and I'm keeping it on Duefiumi. You don't have to register their to apply to it. You can simply reply to it in this thread if you want.

Check out some of our Concept Art.

[url=http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=ag weyzeetqz&thumb=5:1x01rxmj][/url:1x01rxmj] [url=http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=go kmnlh1nyi&thumb=5:1x01rxmj][/url:1x01rxmj] [url=http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=5z gize0gvmx&thumb=5:1x01rxmj][/url:1x01rxmj] [url=http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=2i dm3mddymu&thumb=5:1x01rxmj][/url:1x01rxmj] [url=http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=mw zzd2nuzol&thumb=5:1x01rxmj][/url:1x01rxmj]

You are looking at Arthur, Georg Prime, Juppo, Kilawher Shulen, and Mathiu Silverberg
Bring on the comments kids.
Jack of All Trades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I updated the stars of destiny list. Its at Duefiumi but I included a link in the original post. Feel free to comment about it here if you like.
stephencolbert5

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is very, very cool. I love how you're going with the same structure for the story that Suikoden 3 did. I think that complements the large character quantity very much.

I hope you succeed in finishing the game. Please let us know when you finish, and what programs will players need to play it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: