Suikoden United and Inspirational Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Are Gadget and Gadget Z the same person?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Are Gadget and Gadget Z the same person? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The reason why i ask this is becuase i was on a site called giantbomb and it's a bit like wikipedia where anyone can edit it that registered, but the only thing is is it has to be approved by a moderator. well anyway i added two characters Gadget and Gadget Z but Gadget Z was rejected, i think the moderator thought of them as the same person.
But what i ask is, is there any proof that says they are the same exact person? or not. I mean to me it's both, they both probabally have some part that's the same but overall they are quite different.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gadget was made by Meg's uncle Juppo after the first game. Gadget Z was made by Meg for her daughter later on. So they aren't the same no.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Are Gadget and Gadget Z the same person? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They're definitely two seperate entities as far as the games are concerned, it's possible that Meg just made adjustments to Gadget to create Gadget Z but thats purely theoretical. I would say that site sucks.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Are Gadget and Gadget Z the same person? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="UberPendragon":2oil557p] I would say that site sucks.

now now i don't think it's so nice to say that, the moderator that denied it told me this "the way i saw it was that Gadget Z was a simple upgrade from gadget (original), anyway that is how i understood it reading the description. I havn't played the game so correct if i am wrong here. If both "gadget" and "gadget Z" exist appart from each other than a character pages for gadget Z would be fine if however Z is just a upgrade of the original one "gadget" page would suffice and i will add "Gadget Z" in his aliases.
"
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just like Milan said, they are not the same. Although, they were probably made from alot of the same parts. I'm not aware of any info where it states that Gadget Z was an upgrade or reassembly of Gadget's parts, so I wouldn't consider them to be the same entity.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Are Gadget and Gadget Z the same person? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="hotspot":2lw00g57]

now now i don't think it's so nice to say that,

I apologize, that wasn't very nice, Im just not a big fan of sites like wikipedia because people use it as a legit resource and I really don't feel it has much legitimacy. However I really do feel the moderator is wrong only because there is no official stand point so that moderator has taken their own oppinion and made it fact.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...except ones like the Gensopedia, where only staff members (well, more like authorized article writers) can edit info.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: