Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Happy Chinese/Lunar New Year!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Happy Chinese/Lunar New Year! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Today, January 26th 2009, is now officially the year of the ox! ...or cow....or bull....or whatever you prefer to call it.

(For those who may not know....Chinese New Year shifts every year depending on the Lunar calendar...but generally falls between end of January through mid/end of February...generally...)

so....
[size=150:1hizsla3]HAPPY CHINESE/LUNAR NEW YEAR
to everyone! :o

All those who celebrate it...get anything interesting besides "red-envelope-money"? =)

My dad is overseas right now...as usual...and he managed to find me a copy of Tierkreis (woot!)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's the year of the Cat damnit! It's always the year of the cat!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...right....sure it is..... :unsure:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But but.. The cat never gets any attention. *sniff*

I always loved that story though. A friend who was into that sort of thing told it to me when I was younger and I've always felt bad for the cat since. I guess I'm a Tohru wannabe.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

speaking of cats, i was fortunate enough to encounter a hairless cat. probably one of the most wierdest feelings in the world. it was well tempered, though, and i was able to return it back to the owner, before i left.

well, it's the year of the ox. I think that it's interesting, more so, because of this business analysis about how Hong Kong is faring in the financial crisis. The commentator mentioned that the year of the ox, signifies hard work, patience and perseverance i.e. the key to recovering from this financial crisis is a dose of good ol' hard work. I think that it's worth nothing and taking to heart.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Happy Chinese/Lunar New Year! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My family and I had our cousin and Uncle over for a family dinner. Then we went to an Asian mall for the countdown. It was jammed pack. Great set-up though, lots of shows, and a lot of the stores were doing discounts. I got myself some beard candy, and some Bubbletea. It was a lot of fun doing the countdown with everyone at the mall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: