Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Australian Open Prediction Game 2009~
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Men's 4th Round
Rafael Nadal vs Fernando Gonzalez
Gael Monfils FRA (12) v. Gilles Simon FRA (6)
Andy Murray v. Fernando Verdasco ESP (14)
James Blake vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
Andy Roddick USA (7) v. Tommy Robredo ESP (21)
Marcos Baghdatis CYP v. Novak Djokovic SRB (3)
Juan Martin Del Potro ARG (8) v. Marin Cilic CRO (19)
Tomas Berdych CZE (20) v. Roger Federer SUI (2)

Women's 4th Round
Jelena Jankovic SRB (1) v. Marion Bartoli FRA (16)
Nadia Petrova RUS (10) v. Vera Zvonareva RUS (7)
Dinara Safina RUS (3) v. Alize Cornet FRA (15)
Jelena Dokic AUS v. Alisa Kleybanova RUS (29)
Carla Suarez Navarro ESP v. Anabel Medina Garrigues ESP (21)
Dominika Cibulkova vs Elena Dementieva
Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS (8) v. Jie Zheng CHN (22)
Victoria Azarenka BLR (13) v. Serena Williams USA (2)
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Men's 4th Round
Rafael Nadal vs Fernando Gonzalez - That was an easy match for Rafa vs Tommy Haas!
Gael Monfils FRA (12) v. Gilles Simon FRA (6)
Andy Murray v. Fernando Verdasco ESP (14)
James Blake vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
Andy Roddick USA (7) v. Tommy Robredo ESP (21)
Marcos Baghdatis CYP v. Novak Djokovic SRB (3)
Juan Martin Del Potro ARG (8) v. Marin Cilic CRO (19)
Tomas Berdych CZE (20) v. Roger Federer SUI (2)

Women's 4th Round
Jelena Jankovic SRB (1) v. Marion Bartoli FRA (16)
Nadia Petrova RUS (10) v. Vera Zvonareva RUS (7)
Dinara Safina RUS (3) v. Alize Cornet FRA (15)
Jelena Dokic AUS v. Alisa Kleybanova RUS (29) - tough match. Awesome how Alisa defeated Ivanovic.
Carla Suarez Navarro ESP v. Anabel Medina Garrigues ESP (21)
Dominika Cibulkova vs Elena Dementieva
Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS (8) v. Jie Zheng CHN (22)
Victoria Azarenka BLR (13) v. Serena Williams USA (2)
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I updated my last post with those new match-ups. I have to admit, Rafa has looked better than I've even seen him play on Hard Courts, so good on him. Of course, Murray, Roger, Djokovic, Roddick, and many other players have also looked wonderful. The men's tour is becoming incredibly competitive.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Roger had a very difficult match last night. I stayed up until 3:30am to finish watching it. He was down 2 sets to 0, so I was thinking about giving up and going to sleep-- but I'm glad I didn't because he came back to win. He played like absolute shit the first two sets. The worst I've seen him play, ever. He'll need to do much more than that if he wants to beat Juan Martin del Potro next round!

I'm bored so I'll add up the scores of the First, Second, and Third Rounds. I'll wait to add the 4th until the entire 4th round is done.

First Round
Gilly:
Men - 47
Women - 39
Total: 86

Gaby:
Men - 40
Women - 41
Total: 81

Round 2
Gilly:
Men - 27*2= 54
Women - 25*2= 50
Subtotal: 104
Total: 190

Gaby:
Men - 25*2= 50
Women - 28*2= 56
Subtotal: 106
Total: 187

Third Round
Gilly:
Men - 14*3= 42
Women - 9*3=27
Subtotal: 69
Total: 259

Gaby:
Men - 11*3= 33
Women - 10*3= 30
Subtotal: 63
Total: 250

It's close! The points get big after the 4th round, so it's possible that the 4th round will determine who wins!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's much closer than I thought! Thanks for posting the points.

I couldn't watch a lot of matches but hope to watch some more from now on. I watched the third set Federer vs Safin and I was surprised how Roger played. It looked like Safin had a chance to win the set, Roger made a lot of mistakes. Having to play 5 sets vs Berdych doesn't make him look that strong. I also watched the third set Djoko vs Baghdatis and Djoko made a lot of mistakes too. I didn't watch Murray yet so I don't know how good he plays and I only saw Rafa vs Rochus where he played very strong - Rochus isn't a strong player though so it wasn't so meaningful for me. I've read that his match vs Tommy Haas was very good, the newspaper said "a demonstration of Rafa's power". When we started the prediction game I didn't think that Rafa plays very good but hopefully I was wrong. ^_^

I was surprised that Venus, Ivanovic and Jankovic already lost their matches. I saw the third set Kleybanova vs Ivanovic and Ivanovic didn't play very good. This morning I saw the third set (always the third sets ...) Dokic vs Kleybanova and Dokic played very good, both played good so it was a pity that one of them had to lose. It seems that I have to pay more attention to both in the upcoming tournaments.

What I don't like this year is: Rafa's new outfit :-(. Sleeves! Who decided that he has to wear such common clothes, he looks like every other player too, nothing unique anymore. As long as he wins I shouldn't mind, but still .... give him back his pirate look! ^__^
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah. Rafa doesn't wear his capri shorts anymore either! :(

In my opinion on the mens side, Rafa and Murray are the two to beat. Neither Djokovic nor Roger have impressed me, yet. I haven't seen Rafa play yet, but I'll be watching his match tonight. As far as the women go, it looks to me like Serena might be able to take-- but it depends on how Dementieva does.

Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Men's Quarter Finals
Rafael Nadal ESP (1) v. Gilles Simon FRA (6)
Fernando Verdasco ESP (14) v. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga FRA (5)
Andy Roddick USA (7) v. Novak Djokovic SRB (3)
Juan Martin Del Potro ARG (8) v. Roger Federer SUI (2)

Women's Quarter Finals
Marion Bartoli FRA (16) v. Vera Zvonareva RUS (7)
Dinara Safina RUS (3) v. Jelena Dokic AUS
Carla Suarez Navarro ESP v. Elena Dementieva RUS (4)
Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS (8) v. Serena Williams USA (2)

Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Predictions-

Men's Quarter Finals
Rafael Nadal ESP (1) v. Gilles Simon FRA (6)
Fernando Verdasco ESP (14) v. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga FRA (5)
Andy Roddick USA (7) v. Novak Djokovic SRB (3)
Juan Martin Del Potro ARG (8) v. Roger Federer SUI (2)
A whole bunch of very, very interesting matchups. Andy Roddick will have to play tremendously to beat Djokovic, Verdasco did play wonderfully to beat Murray (but can he keep it up?), Roger Federer looked very, very rough against Berdych (but can he turn it around against del Potro?). So many questions~

Women's Quarter Finals
Marion Bartoli FRA (16) v. Vera Zvonareva RUS (7) <-- Could really go either way with the way they're playing.
Dinara Safina RUS (3) v. Jelena Dokic AUS <-- Could be an upset brewing.
Carla Suarez Navarro ESP v. Elena Dementieva RUS (4) <-- Could be an upset brewing!
Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS (8) v. Serena Williams USA (2)

ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Men's Quarter Finals
Rafael Nadal ESP (1) v. Gilles Simon FRA (6) - Rafa plays very good, I've seen the match vs Gonzalez, very impressive
Fernando Verdasco ESP (14) v. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga FRA (5) - tough choice but I think Verdasco may be tired after the 5-set-match vs Murray
Andy Roddick USA (7) v. Novak Djokovic SRB (3) - I predicted Djoko to win the tournament so I can't predict now that he'll lose ^^
Juan Martin Del Potro ARG (8) v. Roger Federer SUI (2) - Maybe Roger is tired after the 5-set match vs Berdych ... ... ...

Women's Quarter Finals
Marion Bartoli FRA (16) v. Vera Zvonareva RUS (7) - hmm, like you said: hard to predict
Dinara Safina RUS (3) v. Jelena Dokic AUS - I have to look at what time they play, I'd like to watch that, should be interesting
Carla Suarez Navarro ESP v. Elena Dementieva RUS (4)
Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS (8) v. Serena Williams USA (2) - Serena didn't play well vs Azarenka and I'm sure that Azarenka had won if she didn't have to give up.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy crap! After the way Roger played in the 4th round, I was pretty much iffy on him-- however... he absolutely smashed Del potro. Two (!!) bagle sets! 6-3, 6-0, 6-0. That's absurd. I read both of the interviews with the players, and it appears as though Del Potro didn't even know what happened. I will have to watch the replay of this match!

Another shock was Roddick beating Djoko. I know I predicted it, but even I didn't think it was possible. Djokovic's conditioning isn't nearly as good as Roddick's (even though Djokovic is a better tennis player), and the heat just really got to him. He also had to retire during the 4th set, where he was about to lose anyways.

ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, it's shocking how many players had to give up their matches. Maybe the organisers should think about another month for the Australian Open. That even Djokovic had to give up was really shocking. I saw the match Safina vs Dokic and thought Dokic had to give up too but she played 'til the end. I'm glad that Safina managed to win even though she made so many mistakes that I already thought she has no chance. Now it's Safina vs Zwonarewa and I hope Safina will play better, the last two matches weren't that impressive.

I only watched parts of the first set Federer vs Del Potro and it seemed that Federer wanted to show from the first second who is the boss on the court ^^. Del Potro never had a chance.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's amazing how Roger can go from playing some of the worst tennis I've seen him play, to the best in the span of one match. I wonder what happened. >_> Either way, Roddick v Federer is interesting!

Apparently they are reluctant to move the Aussie Open, mainly because it lines up well with the summer break for students down there, and also occurs on the weekend of Australia Day.

Arevus

The Reborn

314452 Potch
100 Soldiers
44 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How can you even begin to doubt my Roger!

Sup?
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Roger Federer is my favorite tennis player. :)

ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Argh, I'm surrounded by Federer supporters! ;-)

I'm not sure if I can be online later so - sorry, Ben - I post the draws for the Semi Final:

Rafael Nadal - Fernando Verdasco
Andy Roddick - Roger Federer

Vera Zvonareva - Dinara Safina
Elena Dementieva - Serena Williams

These are all interesting matches and it's not easy to predict. Even though Rafa always won in three sets (the only one who did it in this tournament ;-)) I think it's a tough match vs Verdasco. Verdasco played awesome in the Davis Cup and it's the first time that he plays in a Grand Slam Semi Final. I didn't watch Andy Roddick play this year but it's said that he improved a lot and lost weight. As much as I want him to win I'm afraid that Federer will win in three sets.

Dinara Safina disappointed me a bit in her last match vs Dokic. I would love to see a russian final. I didn't see the match Williams vs Kuznetzova so I don't know why it could happen, that Kuznetzova lost even though she was leading 5-4 in the second set. Serena can fight when she's about to lose so this match vs Dementieva will be worth to get up in the night.

Finally my predictions:

Rafael Nadal - Fernado Verdasco
Andy Roddick - Roger Federer

Vera Zvonareva - Dinara Safina
Elena Dementieva - Serena Williams
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: