Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

My new job!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: My new job! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I just got off the phone and...

I just got hired Blizzard Entertainment as an assistant general manager for in game support! This is like the dream job I mentioned before that I've been trying to get! Basically what I'll be doing is I'll be in charge of a team of Game Hosts, Game Master, Senior Game Masters and Specialized game engineers. We're basically a team that handles a server of WoW that deals with all the in game tickets and assists players make about bugs, harrassment, equipment and item issues and anything else the annoying, bratty, rude sniveling turds make. It also means I'll be gone for a bit once this is all finalized, because... I'm moving to California! It's an actual office job in Blizzard's HO in Irvine California! And all that other cool stuff I mentioned the last time!

I'm so freaking out right now cause ever since I learned about how good Blizzard treats their employees and everything I've been working hard and finally when this position opened up I applied right away as I had all my stuff from my -soon- to be old company Simutronics all worked out with recommendations, resume and everything. And just finished my second phone interview today and they said after a few final things, the job is mine!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh ha! Oops, this was meant for the Zexen boards. >_> I'm still jumping up and down and freaking out about it so I wasn't really paying attention. *coughs* Ah well! I don't really care since either way this is a huge thing for me! And besides. This is Kikito's fault. It always is!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congrats...Good luck with the new job.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, blame everything on me like everyone else.

And yeah, that is quite awesome! Congratulations and best of luck on your new life over there!
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations!! That's an awesome job you have there. Dont' worry about where you posted. It's Kikito's fault anyway right?

Congrats man!

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: My new job! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations Milan, sounds interesting!
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kikito has done it again...

Anyway, congrats Milan. I know you'll stick to this job and those cool props Blizzard hands out is a nice plus too.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's pretty sweet if you're into that sort of thing, which I know you are. The video game freak inside me is totally jealous of you right now. I wouldn't really mind a job like that myself. Haha. But that is really cool. I hope it makes you even more happy than you expect it to. Good luck with your move, Milan.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks everyone! It really is a great opportunity for me because not only is it a good job for a great company it gets not just a foot in the door but all of me. I'll be leaving for CA the 21st it seems, hopefully I'll be able to find a place to live fairly quickly otherwise I'll be living out of a hotel for a bit. The move is probably the biggest thing for me in a way as well since I'll be going from living in New Hampshire far in the Northeast, to living in the far Southwest. I don't handle heat too well so I'm hoping it's fairly temperate for the winter and I'll be able to ease my way into the hot summers. >_>

Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: My new job! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well done, Milan.

Sounds friggin' awesome. California as well, not bad at all amigo.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's, amazing. Really. Making lifeless teenage people's fake lives better. It looks bad but if you think of it that away, I know, but it's still an awesome job nonetheless.

Congratulations! :)

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey now. I do play the game too yanno. And I'm certainly not a lifeless teenager. And really that's mostly a typical stereotype as well. The players age varies widely to like 10-60, with the most amount being around the 16-23 mark. And honestly I tend to find that the teenagers overall are slightly more polite than the adults too.

Obviously I'm a bit defensive about that. :p Mostly because it's a stupid stereotype that alot of ignorant people use to bash games and the people who play them. And rather focus on the .5% of the player base that -do- take the game too far *coughsDeborahTatecoughs* Rather than the rest of the player base who lead normal, healthy and successful lives.*coughsTomBradyorFeliciaDaycoughs*

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I demand that you find out if The Sword of a Thousand Truths do exist.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Milan Fiori":otunn3wz]Hey now. I do play the game too yanno. And I'm certainly not a lifeless teenager. And really that's mostly a typical stereotype as well. The players age varies widely to like 10-60, with the most amount being around the 16-23 mark. And honestly I tend to find that the teenagers overall are slightly more polite than the adults too.

Obviously I'm a bit defensive about that. :p Mostly because it's a stupid stereotype that alot of ignorant people use to bash games and the people who play them. And rather focus on the .5% of the player base that -do- take the game too far *coughsDeborahTatecoughs* Rather than the rest of the player base who lead normal, healthy and successful lives.*coughsTomBradyorFeliciaDaycoughs*

Ah, no offense meant. :P It's just something I blurt out most of the time when I hear of WoW, especially after that damn South Park episode...

Oh well. Well, congratulations again!

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

.....That was a great episode. :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: