Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden on PSN !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Suikoden on PSN ! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://kotaku.com/5117149/suikoden-is-y ... ne-classic

Awesome news. It's not quite like Suikoden I°II but we'll be able to play it on the go in english at least!

:D
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great news for all the Americans on this board who have PS3s. Yes, both of you... :lol:

If there's anyone with a PSP who wants to get this, you can do so through the [url=http://www.playstation.com/pc/store/country-selector/: cj8fzo3s]PlayStation PC Store[/url:cj8fzo3s], if you don't have a PS3. You'll be able to play it on the PSP fine, especially since the original game didn't support analog sticks.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice! I'm going to buy this when I get home :D

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So you can play any game you download from the playstation network on your PSP as well, as long as it doesn't use joysticks? I guess you have to have a large memory card though.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good news for Suikoden, it goes on!
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Oppenheimer":1uj9lj7x]So you can play any game you download from the playstation network on your PSP as well, as long as it doesn't use joysticks? I guess you have to have a large memory card though.

Well, you can download PS1 games that use analog sticks, but you can only use the PSP's as a left analog stick. 3D games that use both sticks are a bit tricky, since the PSP has less buttons than the PS1 controller, and right-stick functions are sometimes mapped to the D-Pad. As you'd expect, they'd all work fine on a PS3.

It doesn't take too much space. About 380MB, as I remember. Most Memory Sticks are fairly large. Mine is 4GB, for example. If you're short for space, you could always delete it and download it again when you want. With the PSN, each purchase is saved to your account, and you can download it an unlimited amount of times for each system.

EDIT: I should also add that you can buy it from the PSP's Playstation Store, if you can connect your PSP directly to the internet.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As I have not checked the PSN yet.....is Suikoden available on the European PSN? If not, when?
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Goldy":6asaveri]As I have not checked the PSN yet.....is Suikoden available on the European PSN? If not, when?

It's not there for us yet, I'm afraid, and no word from Konami or any listing from the PEGI about it either. It may appear at some point in the future, but there's no evidence to suggest it'll be soon.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No surprise there then. :(
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[url=http://www.gameslurp.com/page.php?t=3528:1ydnugnq] Buy games from foreign PSN stores[/url:1ydnugnq].

I haven't tried it yet but it seems fairly straightforward.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unfortunately new Entropay accounts no longer works for the PSN from what I've heard. I had to buy a US PSN card on ebay which included a markup.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Suikoden on PSN ! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, so I just downloaded Suikoden I from PSN to my PS3. I transfered it to my PSP and tried it out. Really, this is a dream come true. When I bought my PSP all those many years ago it was for when this was finally released in English. Now I can show Suikoden, rather than tell people about a game they have never heard of. Suikoden on the bus, Suikoden in the zoo, Suikoden in the bathroom!

Now, I hope for Suikoden II to be released like this. Then I will have died and gone to Heaven.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: