Suikoden United and Infamous Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Valkyria Chronicles
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Valkyria Chronicles Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did a search, didn't find an existing topic, so I decided to create it.

Got it on sale after thanksgiving, the reviews are great for this game which is very suprising for a SEGA rpg (when was the last time sega had a well reviewed rpg since Skies of Arcadia? speaking of that game, does it become bothersome to anyone having the existing Skies of Arcadia characters in this game?) Played it for a few hours just past the part where the player is given full control of the squad, the game seem very solid overall, plays well, good story, nice voice acting, and unique with lots of interest ideas that seems to be well implemented.

Since all the square/mistwalker games on 360 are not that great (just got The Last Remnant too, heard it sucks...) while Disgaea & Tales are not very different from before, this game seems to be one of the best new RPGs on either PS3 or 360 next to Eternal Sonata, and it's different yet rather realistic setting seem to capture my attention a lot better than all the other complete fantasies.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been playing this game as much as my schedule allows it for the last month or so, and I must say I'm in love with it. The battle system is so fresh, and I haven't found a battle yet that I've felt dragged on for too long. The graphics, while nothing out of the ordinary technically, are quite beautiful, and I think the voice acting is pretty good across the board.

This is pretty much the RPG(if it can be called that) that I've liked most in the last couple years.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played the demo but am just about out of money this month so I can't buy it yet. But the demo was great. Beautiful colours, although you couldn't get much of a sense of plot just from the demo. I do look forward to buying it when I have the cash to spare.

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I should be receiving a title of that nature during the events of an upcoming holiday... :P

I've been following it since it was still "Valkyrie of the Battlefield," and has impressed me even from that early stage. Seeing the glowing opinion that the final product has received, my faith has obviously not been ill-placed. I'm really looking forward to playing it, I have to say.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played the demo but I have not picked up the full game. I should pick it up over the holiday season though.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like Oppenheimer and Goldy, i too have played the demo. Really impressive, but i don't know if i'll be picking it up soon. But it's something that i will play sooner or later.

I wouldn't call it an RPG, from what i can tell in the demo. I would call it a strategy game. But i'm being a bit picky in playing the PS3 games, so wanting to play this says a lot.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Got it for Christmas, and I'm in love with it. The demo is good, but the full game truely impresses.

I would call it an RPG, or to be precise, an SRPG. It's more RPG than Suikoden Tactics, and better in every respect. You don't see most of the RPG side in the demo, but when you're outfitting characters, researching new equipment and other such deeds, it really becomes what many consider an RPG. Suffice to say, there's more to it than the demo would have you believe.

Highly recommended. If it keeps going as is, it may well be my favourite RPG this year, Japanese or Western.

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bought it as well. It's really really good. Great plot and likeable characters, beautiful artistic graphics, and really fun strategy. I can't recommend it enough if you like any of those things. I'm playing nothing but it recently.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same here Oppenheimer, I picked it up over Christmas and I love it, a very good SRPG with a great plot! Love everything about this game and I have to say the demo did not do this game justice at all, if anyone liked the demo they will love the game! :P
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll have to wait for a little while. I went out yesterday to get it, but i went to 5 game stores nearby and found that while they were there before New Years Day, they all vanished. It turns out that they all have been sold out here in Australia in less than a week! So i ordered my cop to come in whenever possible.

I hope that you guys won't go straight to the spoilers before i finish! :lol:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It will be worth the wait. :P

Don't worry, we will not spoil it for you!
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey just in case someone doesn't know, this game's been on sale at gamestop for only $30 new right now for another week or so. I got a sealed copy and traded in my used copy somewhere else for $25, so it's not really price cutted perminately, consider getting it cheaper while you can if you still haven't got it.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone got the three game packs? Well worth the few quid. :P
rickyleung90

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I called 5 eb games store and they have no copy. They say its discontinued.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Goldy":3r915w1u]Has anyone got the three game packs? Well worth the few quid. :P

What?
[quote="rickyleung90":3r915w1u]I called 5 eb games store and they have no copy. They say its discontinued.

It's part of their yearly sale of new games that's either over stocked or they are just clearing out, you can always check online for the closest store to you that has one, it's been going on for almost the entire month but the sale ends very soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: