Suikoden United and Irenic Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Change Rune in Depth?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitkit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: The Change Rune in Depth? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What do you guys see the Change Rune being like? Like the properties it holds on the bearer, if it effects people unknowingly(like the Soul Eater) and what kind of spells it had? It's safe to say that the Rune of Change is still in the Suikoden world because rune cannot seem to leave the world so either the bearer died and it' sealed or the bearer still has it.

Anyways, any ideas?

The only idea I had is that the Circle Rune negates the Change Rune's abilities.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: The Change Rune in Depth? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is beared by the Sindar leader/leaders.

[quote="Suikosource":1olgvhw9]A True Rune representing change that affects all in the universe. The powers of this rune and its whereabouts remain a mystery. However, it is said that the Leader of the Sindars hold this rune, forcing the Sindars to move from place to place as a curse. However, it is said that the Sindars finally found their "eternal city" after their eternal wander.

That is about all we know I think.
kitkit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The Change Rune in Depth? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Ujitsuna":2dao3r5d]It is beared by the Sindar leader/leaders.

[quote="Suikosource":2dao3r5d]A True Rune representing change that affects all in the universe. The powers of this rune and its whereabouts remain a mystery. However, it is said that the Leader of the Sindars hold this rune, forcing the Sindars to move from place to place as a curse. However, it is said that the Sindars finally found their "eternal city" after their eternal wander.

That is about all we know I think.

I know what we know about it, I wanted to speculate what it could be about lol.
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: The Change Rune in Depth? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's hard to speculate on something we know so little about...We could try to guess which aspects are governed by the rune.

The first thing I thought was that the Rune of Change was the opposite of the Circle Rune, so if this one is Order and Stagnation, the change should be Chaos and.... eh... What's the opposite of stagnation? Turbulency, inconsistency, deviation or something like this. Maybe the rune's curse has been supressed, as the syndar found their eternal capital.

I dont think any rune has the power to supress other, except the Sovereign rune.
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^ change is the opposite of stagnation lol. Change Rune allows change to exist.
ThricebornPhoenix

Phoenix Legion

102576 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="KFCrispy":19f93dw6]^ change is the opposite of stagnation lol. Change Rune allows change to exist.

I [url=http://www.duefiumi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&am p;t=969:19f93dw6]wrote elsewhere about a theory[/url:19f93dw6] regarding a literary basis (beyond Water Margin) for certain things in Suikoden. Between that and the possible future shown in SIII, I'd say that change - as in unbridled [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_and_Chaos:19f93dw6]ch aos[/url:19f93dw6] - also leads, ultimately, to stagnation:
Quote:
Ironically, a realm controlled by Chaos becomes stagnant: the state of constant change lacks meaning, and eventually all possibilities are exhausted.

"[...] even a seemingly purposeless miracle is an inexhaustible source of hope, because it proves to us that since we do not understand everything, our defeats—so much more numerous than our few and empty victories—may be equally specious."
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, stagnation is something spoiling due to never changing. Chaos is constant change. Something can't become stagnant if not exposed to the same thing consistently.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, to me it would seem that many True Runes go through phases when they are borne by someone until some form of control can be asserted on the rune. Sometimes this control is in the form of a person simply gaining mastery over the rune, and sometimes its much, much more than that, often taking the power of the 108 stars of destiny to truly suppress a powerful True Rune's darker desires. From Suikoden V we know that all True Runes are not created equal, and indeed some are much more powerful than others. When Sierra Mikain obtained the Blue Moon rune she went on a bloodthirsty rampage, but was eventually able to gain control over the rune. The power of the 108 stars allowed Lazlo's Rune of Punishment to pass from its atonement phase into its forgiveness phase, if I remember correctly. Similarly, the power of the 108 allowed the Rune of Beginning to exist in its seperate parts without forcing its owners, Jowy and Riou, from bringing war to the region. The Sun Rune's wrath is controlled by the power of the two lesser unique runes, Dawn and Twilight. And lastly of course, the Sindar leader's Rune of Change passed out of its "darker" phase when the Sindar found their eternal city.

The True Runes are interesting because some runes seem govern one single idea, emotion, or state of being , others govern opposing ideas, but the majority seem to have a sort of flowing cause and effect relationship. The Rune of Punishment, for example, governs atonement and forgiveness: when you have atoned for your "sins," you are forgiven. The Circle Rune represents order and stagnation: when true order is achieved, you have stagnation.

I think the idea that the Circle Rune and Rune of Change have some sort of relationship is a good one. Order/Stagnation and Change are definitely opposing ideas, and I think their relationship with each other might be similar to the relationship between the Sun Rune and the Night Rune, who were born intertwined. It should also be noted that the Sindar's travels before reaching their city were from the north to the south, which means based on the current world map as we know it it is plausible that their journey started in the area where Harmonia currently resides. Suikoden III shows us that there was even a temple built by the Sindar that allowed them to harness the power of multiple true runes in the area where Harmonia currently exists today, something that hasn't been seen anywhere else in the suikoden world. The Sindar would have been in that area long before Harmonia ever existed however and perhaps during the reign of the Kingdom of Aronia, given that the Sindar were present in the area of the Queendom of Falena before it actually existed as well, which was established a few centuries before Harmonia. It's also unknown how long Hikusaak has borne the Circle rune; perhaps he is Sindar himself and he at some point broke away.

There are a lot of different theories one can come up with in this regard, and while that would be fun, I'll stop there. I think there is enough indirect evidence to suggest that the Circle Rune and Rune of Change are somehow related to one another (like the Sun and Night Runes), but beyond that, who knows.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

iGeorg_Prime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: hmmm... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well one rare but unique theory i've mentioned before is that Jeane is actually the Leader of the Sindar/Cyndar and her "Charm" rune is in fact the "Rune of Change." But again this is just speculation. (Btw I'm sticking with that theory until someone shows me irrefutable proof I'm wrong) :)

Anyways, Aronia may have in fact been the Legendary City of the Sindar with the Circle Rune. The Rune of Change may have slipped or been repressed by some person or unknown force. Then passed onto a bearer and has to wander the land again. I have more to develop on this but i wanna see what y'all think :wink:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: