Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Star Trek (J.J. Abrams)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Star Trek (J.J. Abrams) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This trailer was attached to the latest James Bond film and I must say that my trepidation as to how J.J. Abrams would handle the franchise reboot has lessened with this trailer.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSgvAHu3IEI:1nbjnyvv]St ar Trek trailer[/url:1nbjnyvv]

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm interesting. I reserve judgment. I always liked Star Trek for the social commentary and this just looks like a blockbuster action thriller.

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm keeping my expectations neutral since the writers also wrote Transformers, which turned out to be an "okay, what?" type of movie. I do, however, like the actors chosen to play the characters and, given that it is a reboot story, I don't particularly mind the extreme change in the aesthetics they've gone with.

The movie has the potential to be really good, or really bad. I sincerely hope they don't screw it up and cause Paramount to completely write off the franchise.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That trailer doesn't look very promising, i admit. However, it's still too early to judge based on just one leaked trailer. I still have my hope up (that it didn't turn out to be your usual action movie).

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quinto looks like he'll be a good Spock.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually try my best to reserve judgement on these things, although Oppenheimer makes a very valid point. I've been a Star Trek fan for at least ten years or so, but I don't have any problem with the aesthetical changes either. However, given how I feel about J.J. Abrams other work, I find it difficult to have high hopes for this one. I hope it can at least be respectable, and the trailer doesn't look too bad.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I rather like what they've done with the setting, at least from what I can see in the trailer. Of course, I've never been very into Star Trek, except for an episode here and there of the original. Hard to tell how the story will play out from a 2:30 long trailer, so I we obviously can't condemn it in that regard yet-- but I like the new look, really. But, it's much more of a fantasy feel, so I can see how some long time fans would be hesitant.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess I look at it this way, I've seen every Star Trek movie to date, and every one since Star Trek VI in the theater, so I'll likely go watch this. J.J. Abrams isn't high on my list of favored directors, and I'm sure he'll do his best to overshadow any attempts at a plot with flashy special effects, but perhaps they can squeeze a little story in there among the explosions.

~Uguu!~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: