Suikoden United and Informational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Star Wars MMORPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: New Star Wars MMORPG Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well a few of you know I work for a gaming company called Simutronics, doing their Text based games Alliance of Heroes and Dragonrealms. But today I officially got hired on to their 'other' project the HeroEngine.(Literally just faxed my signed NDA and contract back to them).

And well BioWare just picked the HeroEngine as their platform for the new Star Wars online game coming out next year. BioWare is already starting to brag about they're going to knock the Pillar of Gaming that is Blizzard down and crush WoW and stuff like that.

What I know about it only goes as far as the base engine, but has anyone else heard or read anything about it? It's suppose to be the next gen MMO game so I'm really curious how it'll turn out. Especially now that I'm personally invested in it and everything.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait? You work for Simutronics. Man, I wasted happily seven years playing Simu's Gemstone III. As for the Star Wars MMORPG. It will be based on the KOTOR series. Hopefully, it ends up being better than Star Wars Galaxies and its dancing Wookie.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: New Star Wars MMORPG Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd play a new Star Wars MMORPG, when is it due to be released? Or when will we see any trailers?
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I might consider playing it. I certainly trust BioWare over Sony Online Entertainment.

However, Galaxies illustrated a key problem with the Star Wars MMO to me. It's just...'grinding' is totally inappropriate to the Star Wars universe, and an MMO requires some grinding. It just does.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think that grinding is inappropriate for the universe, just not what you would usual to associate, then again you could just see it as becoming well travelled or more experience. Then again its just an MMO afterall what the hey.

I saw some screens it does look rather cool.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Star wars galaxies was awesome, but when it got new management they crapped it up. I remember how hard it was at first to become a jedi and make a lightsaber and i remember how big a deal it was when the first person did it and then the management changed it around so everyone and their cousin became a jedi.

TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, Milano! Has this caused you any problems, being that you now work for Blizzard?

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Trahison

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KOTOR was great. I tend to really dislike MMOs but I'll put my faith in BioWare getting it right.

A Kotor3 would've been nice, though.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know a few people from WoW, including my brother, that are switching to the Star Wars MMO once it's released, so I definitely intend to give it a look.

As far as toppling WoW from cornering the MMO market, Age of Conan, Warhammer and a few others have made that claim as well and failed somewhat spectacularly. It seems a careless statement to make.

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Apparently it will contain 100% voice acting and choices are supposed to decide your path more than which side you start out on, if I'm understanding this >_>
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds good. Maybe I'll play, too
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there a point in playing Light? Really, everything I've seen screams Dark. In fact, I think Light should be horribly crippled, because being nice and good is absolutely no fun. Kill everything!

~Uguu!~
xxmadmaxx

135 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just hope they let me make a sith ewok named snuggles. hehehehe that would be so awesome
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Sailor Sexy":1stlx3z7]Is there a point in playing Light? Really, everything I've seen screams Dark. In fact, I think Light should be horribly crippled, because being nice and good is absolutely no fun. Kill everything!

I hope they make the Light more appealing and powerful, most people are default sith. :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: