Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikox Forums Upgrade Planned
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="ViktorFan":outihz1u]I like the look of the forums too, but I would prefer another colour for the font of the posts and the font of the text of the member who wrote the post (for example the poster above me: "by (a very light grey) Goldy (a nice blue) on Mon Nov ..... (very light grey again)" or the text in the signatures (like Calvin's). But maybe it's only me (and I simply need new glasses ^^).

But other than that: Thanks fuji!

Good idea, I'll play with the colours either tonight or sometime when I have more freetime to make everything easier to read. Probably not enough contrast.

[quote="Elc":outihz1u]Would that affect the "View new posts" function? I've noticed that sometimes, when there are new post indicators on the index, nothing will show up when I click "View new posts" while other times it may show a couple (but not all) of the results.

This is the way phpBB3 handles new posts. If you haven't read it, it will still show the flames (or icon for new posts). The View New Posts only displays threads that have a post since you visited. The two lists (of sorts) aren't the same which is why there is a discrepency.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sometimes the view new posts shows the posts from your last visit as well. A simple refresh will get rid of them though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The search index rebuild is going to take a week.... Ugh... it's doing 1 post a second, we have around 800,000 posts give or take. I've been running it since Sunday and it's only at 120,000 posts. Until (pigs fly) then, the search feature will not work so well...

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This might only be me experiencing this, or I missed an option to change it somewhere....but the entire page as I view it is to the right hand side, would it be possible or is there a way to center the page?
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks freakin' sweet I say.

And I'm always right.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For some reason the new board style makes me feel physically sick. I'm confused as to how an aesthetic quality such as this should invoke nausea in me, but it does. I'm actually not exaggerating, for once, it actually does make me feel ill.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Goldy":1rktn9r3]This might only be me experiencing this, or I missed an option to change it somewhere....but the entire page as I view it is to the right hand side, would it be possible or is there a way to center the page?

What browser are you using?

Good to see you again Exile.

Ley.... hmmm.... okay.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It did of course screw my <center> tags for my banner and the alternating colours make it impossible (with this file format at least, so far as I know) for me to match the signature image with the colour to blend the shoulder of the image into the background as I used to have on the black, but it's very good all the same and I was impressed when I logged into it.

Nice to see a few familiar names still lurking about too Fuji, course I expected you. I'll have to message you with some Leaf based abuse soon but you're ahead of us at the moment I think so I'm going to hold off for now... :)

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="fuji":1lidtq1m]What browser are you using?

Internet Explorer v6 here in the office. I have not tried it at home with Firefox yet.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oooh. The text boxes light up when you put your cursor over them. Spiffy.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the new design and all that shenanigans.

I do need to fix my signature, though. :/

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Goldy":1lrh5957][quote="fuji":1lrh5957]What browser are you using?

Internet Explorer v6 here in the office. I have not tried it at home with Firefox yet.

I'm not sure what is causing that! I tested in IE6 and the site is centred. I'm at a loss for why it's happening.

I did add the [.center] tag. Example:

[center:1lrh5957]This is centered text[/center:1lrh5957]

So, if you have <center> anywhere, just rpelace it with proper BB code.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="ViktorFan":3q9y04vy]I like the look of the forums too, but I would prefer another colour for the font of the posts and the font of the text of the member who wrote the post (for example the poster above me: "by (a very light grey) Goldy (a nice blue) on Mon Nov ..... (very light grey again)" or the text in the signatures (like Calvin's). But maybe it's only me (and I simply need new glasses ^^).

But other than that: Thanks fuji!

I made the text brighter. Let me know what you think.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would not worry about it. Our IT Department are OVER cautious here!
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the brighter text, fuji, but for me...it seems like the last post in every thread is still the same (that is to say, the old) colour text?

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: